ADVERTISEMENT

Well this isn’t wrong

I mean you could say that about a bunch of countries. But I agree, England has had a wealth of players and couldn’t put it together to win more. But it’s the World Cup, and every nation stockpiles the best talent to play in the greatest tournament of all sports.
Spain and Holland, two teams that also have a rich history of soccer. Spain has one win. Holland 0.

Holland was the best side in the world from 1972 to 1980. Those were the “Clockwork Orange” teams that were the first to play “total football.” Along with the Barca sides from 2008 to 2012, they were the most fun to watch.

They had the horrible misfortune of having to play the 1974 World Cup Final against Germany in Munich and the 1978 Final against Argentina in Buenos Aires. Lost both. So, the best team doesn’t always win the World Cup.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Holland was the best side in the world from 1972 to 1980. Those were the “Clockwork Orange” teams that were the first to play “total football.” Along with the Barca sides from 2008 to 2012, they were the most fun to watch.

They had the horrible misfortune of having to play the 1974 World Cup Final against Germany in Munich and the 1978 Final against Argentina in Buenos Aires. Lost both. So, the best team doesn’t always win the World Cup.
The Dutch were so good back than. Mostly because they were the most finally tuned players who were skilled, tight with the ball, smart with the ball, and dynamic as a team. So many great players have come out of Holland.
My list of favorites:
Davids
Seedorf
Rijkaard
Gullit
Bergkamp
Van Basten
Van Pierse

And of course the best Dutch player ever Cruyff.

Reactions: mike412
The Dutch were so good back than. Mostly because they were the most finally tuned players who were skilled, tight with the ball, smart with the ball, and dynamic as a team. So many great players have come out of Holland.
My list of favorites:
Davids
Seedorf
Rijkaard
Gullit
Bergkamp
Van Basten
Van Pierse

And of course the best Dutch player ever Cruyff.

Van Basten had the potential to be one of the all-time greats. Then, he made the mistake of going to play in Italy. Back then, the Italian League was a physically vicious league, and because he was the star of one of their top competitors for European trophies, Italian defenders made him a target, with the complicity of Italian referees. He took such a beating that he never was nearly the same player after his time there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT