Oct 30, 2001
Pretty big difference one game makes

Win
- ACC co-champs
- #1 seed
- NCAAT clinched
- Double Bye
- Quarterfinal vs Wake/Syr/BC
- Semifinal vs Duke/Clemson (and I think Clemson could win that since they need it)

Our path to the ACCT Final could be Wake and Clemson

Loss (coupled with Duke, UVa, Clem wins)
- #5 seed
- possibly need 1 more good win (I dont think so)
- "play-out game" vs FSU/GT
- quarterfinal vs Duke
- semifinal vs Miami

Last edited:
I also feel like in a loss situation, how we play will matter. If we lose a close game that comes down to the wire, I think that solidifies Pitt in the NCAA. Get blown out and it puts us in serious danger.

Duke all the way. I think a UNC loss is more important than the double bye. UNC does not have any bad losses. Another quality win and they inch closer. We can’t be scared of a 12/13 ACC game winner. If they lose that they don’t deserve to be in. Now if Pitt wins today that may change as they will be in and we can worry about matchups for next week.

Duke all the way. I think a UNC loss is more important than the double bye. UNC does not have any bad losses. Another quality win and they inch closer. We can’t be scared of a 12/13 ACC game winner. If they lose that they don’t deserve to be in. Now if Pitt wins today that may change as they will be in and we can worry about matchups for next week.

But on the other hand, North Carolina getting closer to being in probably doesn't hurt us and may actually help us. Because if it gets to the point where they are debating the last couple teams and us and North Carolina are two of them, the fact that we beat them twice is going to make the difference.

They need their resume to be clearly better than ours to get in ahead of us, and one win over Duke doesn't even come close to achieving that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT