ADVERTISEMENT

What did Ron Cook say?!

JS School

Junior
Aug 17, 2011
In his column in the paper this morning (forgive me for reading it) he commented on the Louisville scandal. He said something to the effect that he couldn't believe that a coach as powerful and all-knowing as Pitino wouldn't know what was going on his own program. Do you think he realized the irony in that?

In his column in the paper this morning (forgive me for reading it) he commented on the Louisville scandal. He said something to the effect that he couldn't believe that a coach as powerful and all-knowing as Pitino wouldn't know what was going on his own program. Do you think he realized the irony in that?
At least he didn't spend the article slamming Pitt.

But you're right..... all of his comments apply to a particular FB coach that worked 150 miles to our east for 40 years.

I don't see anything wrong with providing young men wit hoes to sow der wild oats with, lol :)

You say Pitino; I say Paterno.
Let's call the whole thing off.

Do you have a link to the article? I can't find it thanks!

Sorry, I read it in an actual newspaper, not on line. I'm an old guy, I still read newspapers. People think I'm crazy, but browsing through a newspaper I end up reading articles that I would have ignored online. It just helps me have a little bit of knowledge about subjects I normally would have bypassed.

Reactions: canepain

The article Cook wrote today was very fair, for a change. The comment about Pitino jumped off the page however.

On the current scandal at Louisville Cook said "it is a real stretch to believe a controlling coach who knows everything about everything could miss something like that".

i immediately thought about the Sandusky situation and couldn't recall Cook ever saying something like that about St. Joe. And that statement is the very crux of the argument about what Joe knew and when.

Joe was aware of the original claim in 1998 by the mother of that Central Mountain boy that Sandusky was abusing. It was in the Email records of Tim Curley that "Joe has been informed". There is no doubt in my mind this accusation was the reason UPS cut ties with Sandusky which makes it all the more Bizarre that they would give him access to the football facilities and allow him to continue bringing kids to bowl games.

Then when McQueery caught him in the act the cover up went into full protection mode for 10 long years before it exploded.

Joe knew all along. Of course Joe knew all along. And those cult members who think about nothing but clearing his name should burn in hell too.

I don't see anything wrong with providing young men wit hoes to sow der wild oats with, lol :)

It sure in Hell beats allowing ex assistant coaches to rape young boys on campus over a 13 year period and cover it up.

Reactions: Pitt79
Sorry, I read it in an actual newspaper, not on line. I'm an old guy, I still read newspapers. People think I'm crazy, but browsing through a newspaper I end up reading articles that I would have ignored online. It just helps me have a little bit of knowledge about subjects I normally would have bypassed.

You're not crazy. I prefer the print version. Ditto with books; just not used to reading them on a tablet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT