ADVERTISEMENT

What is your expectation for this program?

What would you be satisfied with?

• Just having a team, if they win some games and make the NCAAT, that's just a bonus

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • A bubble program. Usually fighting for 7-12 seeds, sometimes get in, sometimes not

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • Fairly consistent upper-tier ACC program, double byes, consistent 3-6 seeds in NCAAT

Votes: 52 68.4%
  • Top 10 program, 1-4 seeds consistently, fighting for ACC championships, basically the good ole days

Votes: 12 15.8%

• Total voters
Killing time for what?
All I ever see you do is make caustic comments about someone's else post usually a rant but not always. If there is follow up, your second genre of posts is to proclaim the meaninglessness of all this debate because the commenter won't write a check with at least six zeros after the 1st nonnegative number prior to the decimal.

If your goal is to be a horse's %$@ you are achieving it. SMF, PittPoker and others might have rants but their passion to Pitt basketball makes this board much more enjoyable than your constant nihilism.
I appreciate your encouragement, I"ll keep up the great work.

like your Lemond experience..over-priced and under-satisfying. I'd likewise assume if you were given a gift certificate to enable the cost of your meal at Lemond to be a DEEP DISCOUNT, you'd enjoy your meal a little better.

It's actually Lemont, not Lemond.

I prefer Monterey Bay Fish Grotto myself. Good crabcakes

Killing time for what?
All I ever see you do is make caustic comments about someone's else post usually a rant but not always. If there is follow up, your second genre of posts is to proclaim the meaninglessness of all this debate because the commenter won't write a check with at least six zeros after the 1st nonnegative number prior to the decimal.

If your goal is to be a horse's %$@ you are achieving it. SMF, PittPoker and others might have rants but their passion to Pitt basketball makes this board much more enjoyable than your constant nihilism.
Thank you martingale. I might be in the minority a bunch with my views but I love Pitt football and basketball, that's for sure.

Thank you martingale. I might be in the minority a bunch with my views but I love Pitt football and basketball, that's for sure.

So do I.

You think you show your love by throwing tantrums. I show mine by cutting checks.
You pull Pitt's pigtails and scream at it's athletes...I'm in a more loving relationship.

So do I.

You think you show your love by throwing tantrums. I show mine by cutting checks.
You pull Pitt's pigtails and scream at it's athletes...I'm in a more loving relationship.
I donate money and so do my parents and friends. You do realize that people have different personalities. Heck look at Trump - the guy will probably be the Republican nominee for President and throws tantrums every hour of the day.

I donate money and so do my parents and friends. You do realize that people have different personalities. Heck look at Trump - the guy will probably be the Republican nominee for President and throws tantrums every hour of the day.
Yes, some people are logical and sensible.
And some are bloviating jags.
I agree.

You feel free to cast your lot as you wish.

Not sure what relevance your parent's donations has to demonstrating anything.

Last edited:
on a serious note this is exactly how I feel......
I don't quite understand why people still cling to this idea of "capitalizing" on prime years. After Nova beat us in 2009, they failed harder than Pitt has. After WVU made a F4, the failed harder than Pitt has. Both of those programs, under the same coaches, have turned it around already. Clearly, the idea that making a Final Four destines your program for sustained greatness and recruiting infallibility is false.

Dixon has to find the formula to return to success, as Wright and Huggins did, or else he'll be out of a job soon.

I think this is pretty accurate and agree with it. All programs go through peaks and valleys. The challenge for JD will be to recapture the magic he had in the earlier years.

For me personally, what will it take to maintain my interest in following the program? Making the Tourney most years, and making an elite 8/FF run once every ten years or so.

THe more important question is..........what kind of success will it take to keep the Pete full during ACC games and decent OOC games? Clearly, attendance/interest is way down this year as a result of the current downward trend in on the court results.

So do I.

What feces. Love is about passion. Your passion is to literally humiliate and degrade anyone who shows passions about Pitt athletics.
You are the modern Pharisee of Pitt fandom. Cut the check, show piety by having "appropriate expectations" and cast vitriol at those who dare show emotion about it.
And by the way, are you guilty of violating your own tenets? If all donations below two commas are irrelevant, then why do it all? Is it just to feed your sense of righteous?

Reactions: FireballZ
What feces. Love is about passion. Your passion is to literally humiliate and degrade anyone who shows passions about Pitt athletics.
You are the modern Pharisee of Pitt fandom. Cut the check, show piety by having "appropriate expectations" and cast vitriol at those who dare show emotion about it.
And by the way, are you guilty of violating your own tenets? If all donations below two commas are irrelevant, then why do it all? Is it just to feed your sense of righteous?
wrong...
my passion is to degrade people who throw tantrums...and degrade my alma mater.

There are plenty of passionate fans on this forum, who I agree with and converse with..and likewise passionate fans fans who I agreeably disagree with.

screaming DIXON SUCKS! JAMES ROBINSON SUCKS! EVERYTHING SUCKS isn't passion...it's being a toddler.

SCREAMING isn't passion. Being passionate is.
Being abusive isn't passion.

I'm happy to continue this... eventually you'll get a "gotcha!" moment..keep trying.

Reactions: KiwiJeff
wrong...
my passion is to degrade people who throw tantrums...and degrade my alma mater.

There are plenty of passionate fans on this forum, who I agree with and converse with..and likewise passionate fans fans who I agreeably disagree with.

screaming DIXON SUCKS! JAMES ROBINSON SUCKS! EVERYTHING SUCKS isn't passion...it's being a toddler.

SCREAMING isn't passion. Being passionate is.
Being abusive isn't passion.

I'm happy to continue this... eventually you'll get a "gotcha!" moment..keep trying.
Nobody will be surprised, but I agree. The guy at the sporting event calling the coach and players profanities is not more of a fan than I, just a bigger clod. Especially when kids are there. Being a fan doesn't have to equate with being a jerk. SMF though is not a jerk in that way, so not sure how the thread got here without going back and catching up.

Nobody will be surprised, but I agree. The guy at the sporting event calling the coach and players profanities is not more of a fan than I, just a bigger clod. Especially when kids are there. Being a fan doesn't have to equate with being a jerk. SMF though is not a jerk in that way, so not sure how the thread got here without going back and catching up.
Martingale really doesn't like me, which is fine... So his mission is to "get" me.

Poker, when he's not insulting the players and coaches , he fantasizes about me in prison sex scenarios ... Read into that what you will

Dumb survey. I will never be satisfied with less than an undefeated NCAA tourney championship season. However, that doesn't mean I want a coaching change if we only get to the tourney 50% of the time. These are two different animals entirely. Canning a coach for falling short of what I would like and probably doing worse rather than better is not a gamble I want to take. On that logic I will be reluctantly be "satisfied" enough with good but not great because I never want to see truly awful again like a saw in the late 1960s or even the mostly mediocre I saw most years before the Howland-Dixon era began.

Dumb survey. I will never be satisfied with less than an undefeated NCAA tourney championship season. However, that doesn't mean I want a coaching change if we only get to the tourney 50% of the time. These are two different animals entirely. Canning a coach for falling short of what I would like and probably doing worse rather than better is not a gamble I want to take. On that logic I will be reluctantly be "satisfied" enough with good but not great because I never want to see truly awful again like a saw in the late 1960s or even the mostly mediocre I saw most years before the Howland-Dixon era began.
That's what I didn't get too, as well as a bunch of folks.

It's much easier to be a highly successful program if you have ( are you ready ) really good players. How does one attract these highly skilled kids to attend your school when education isn't their primary goal ? It helps being an elite program which Pitt is not now or ever has been. It helps having your school in an area of great high school bb talent which Pitt is not. Having a very active booster organization which Pitt doesn't have. Having oodles of money to throw at the little perks that can be offered to players ( living arrangements travel etc ) which Pitt doesn't have .( in athletic department ) . Be highly connected in the AAU scene and shoe cos which Pitt isn't. A lot of schools play in P5 conferences ,have nice on campus faculties , many are in far more attractive locations so expecting Pitt to continue its success indefinitely is just unrealistic. There needs to be times of success to balance out these times of despair ( the fear of not making the NCAAs ) and Pitt has provided us with those times of success. Pitt lost its identity when it went to the ACC I think the person responsible for this is JD and he made a mistake in thinking he could attract a higher skilled athlete to Pitt . I think he's going back to his roots ,defense and rebounding and the program is in transition. Unless a superstar decides to come here it's going to take a few recruiting classes to get things back on track and patience is needed. Bitching and moaning is a fans right , but excessive b&m gets old and these same people have totally unrealistic expectations of the program's potential . The university hasn't made the same commitment others have in winning Fb and bb games and belittling the coaches and players constantly shows a great lack of class by some on this board. Being disappointed or unset over a tough loss shouldn't linger for days ,month or years as it does for some. It's college bb enjoy it your life won't change if they win the NCAA .

These people aren't around me, so it's not relevant.

I'm doing the same thing they are...killing time.

Doubt you're any different in "real life".

And if you're killing time and Sean miller is killing time and it's all "meaningless" why are you a dick to people?

So do I.

So if you are raising kids, all you do is throw money at them? Shouldn't some constructive criticism be part of this?

So if you are raising kids, all you do is throw money at them? Shouldn't some constructive criticism be part of this?
I'm not raising the Pitt sports teams
I'm likewise not accountable for them.

How does your criticism realistically improve Pitt ?

It's catharsis for you. Sure..
But it's not improving anything .

Bad analogy .
Pitt sports isn't my son or my employee .
I can do very little , outside of financial support , to maximize its potential .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT