ADVERTISEMENT

Which University produces the top NFL talent? PFF says Pitt

A great story for PITT football run with it.

PITT should be sure this information is prominently displayed and presented to PITT recruits and their families.

In addition to if you come to PITT it's possible to get early playing time compared to other college's.

I own a small media /PR business.

The key objectives of PR are:
  • Building Product ( PITT football) Awareness
  • Creating Interest
  • Providing Information
  • Stimulating Demand
  • Reinforcing the Brand (PITT football)
These objectives apply to everything from non profit - for profit entities including college sports marketing.
I hope PITT athletics especially football is promoting itself properly since there's a good story to tell.

"save a horse ride a cowboy"
Signed: Mrs Buffett
Go CSU Rams & PITT Panthers

Last edited:
Hasn't helped recruiting much outside of Quip, where the kids do repeat the mantra that Pitt is a short step from the League. This article will help there, though.

On a more practical level, Lyke and company need to figure out a way to get these guys to donate $$ back. The bigger more successful programs have harnessed this source of financial help much more propitiously. These guys have the money to give, and they are usually looking for reasons to do it, often for tax purposes. This is a source that must be mined better.

Hasn't helped recruiting much outside of Quip, where the kids do repeat the mantra that Pitt is a short step from the League. This article will help there, though.

On a more practical level, Lyke and company need to figure out a way to get these guys to donate $$ back. The bigger more successful programs have harnessed this source of financial help much more propitiously. These guys have the money to give, and they are usually looking for reasons to do it, often for tax purposes. This is a source that must be mined better.

This should be one of her key programs!
PITT hasn't even scratched the surface of this opportunity.

I believe if PITT fans saw the players giving back to PITT many more would donate.

This should be one of her key programs!
PITT hasn't even scratched the surface of this opportunity.

I believe if PITT fans saw the players giving back to PITT many more would donate.

Winning is the only way. 5-7 seasons won’t do it.

Does this mean we have bad coaching? With all the nfl talent that has rolled through here, why do we continue to go ~.500?

Pitt proud... Why can’t this program ever overachieve? We have the core players. It’s the lunatic fringe that makes up the difference...

Does this mean we have bad coaching? With all the nfl talent that has rolled through here, why do we continue to go ~.500?

Id say the opposite. Coaching? That is why these guys are superstars in the NFL and ready to dominate despite, in some cases, being lighter recruited

Reactions: JokePa
jpip hasnt commented on this, what a surprise. I am sure he is at the Olympics or something.
Very good pub for our fine school, good post.

Reactions: JokePa
Pitt proud... Why can’t this program ever overachieve? We have the core players. It’s the lunatic fringe that makes up the difference...
Maybe our Lunatic Fringe is not as good (or bad) as the others. That's not counting the people on this board. AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!

At times yes. I would say our coaching has ranged from comically bad(hacket) to slightly above average(walt especially in his earlier years). But that is only part of the problem, other side of the equation is there haven't been enough of these guys on one team. Every 4 or 5 years Pitt has produced a NFL HOF type of player but there haven't been enough of them on one team in a long time.

jpip hasnt commented on this, what a surprise. I am sure he is at the Olympics or something.
Very good pub for our fine school, good post.
Glad to see you were thinking about me. It was 10pm on a Saturday night when you posted this, BTW.

Better to have guys on this list than not have them on it. I would much rather have Pitt win and it isn't even close.

Reactions: pittdan77
Only pointing out they drafted heyward 31st- sheard went shortly after that.
No real chance at drafting him.
I wasn't talking about the draft. He has been a two time FA and the first time went for essentially nothing when the Steelers desperately needed (Jason Worilds surprisingly retired) OLB. Instead the Steelers drafted Bud Dupree and re-signed Arthur Moats. The Steelers also needed S help and passed on Landon Collins for Dupree, while re-signing Robert Golden. So for about $2-2.5M more the Steelers could have had Landon Collins and Jabaal Sheard instead of Bud Dupree, Robert Golden, and Arthur Moats. F*ck!

Not complicated how this happens. We have a few football hot spots (Mon Valley, Beaver County, a little of the East Hills) that all have declining populations. With the decline we can't round out the roster with other quality players like we could in the glory days. The losing and stupidity and finances means coaching turnover. And frankly bad luck in that the few deeper teams we had didn't have a quarterback. Sure, Aliquippa produces as most talent as some cities of 500,000 people but it only has 9,000 people now and you can only get so much out of that. Even less when you lose recruiting battles to get depth we have to win we lose to Penn State, Notre Dame, etc., especially among the WPIAL top 10 and among eastern/central PA. New Jersey has been decent to us at times because Rutgers is like Pitt on steroids with its problems thankfully. Getting beyond 3 star in Florida is just very, very competitive.

I wish the great Captain were still here to hype this thread.He loved to bragg about all the Pitt players in the Nfl,it was one of his passions.Too bad he moved to Tahiti or Avella or where ever the hell he went to.I miss the Big Guy.

OK, so, in a nutshell, this thread is about discussing consolation prizes (year-in and year-out). Sweet.

OK, so, in a nutshell, this thread is about discussing consolation prizes (year-in and year-out). Sweet.

How so?

You totally missed the thread. It is about Pitt being #NFLU. That is the goal a kid has going to a university for any profession... to leave and be successful in the field they want to pursue. Clearly we are at the top. That is the prize. Beating the national champion Clemson team on the road, or an overrated team at home (Miami, PSU) is the consolation prize.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT