7:00 - A Boys: Cardinal Wuerl North Catholic vs Sewickley Academy
9:00 - AAA Boys: Highlands vs Beaver Falls

Saturday
11AM - A Girls: Vincentian vs Cardinal Wuerl North Catholic
1:00 - AA Boys: Aliquippa vs Lincoln Park
3:00 - AAA Girls: Blackhawk vs South Fayete
7:00 - AAAA Girls: Penn Hills vs Norwin
9:00 - AAAA Boys: Pine-Richland vs North Hills

Nice to see Pitt letting the WPIAL use the arena again. Any additional revenue helps and I always felt it only made sense that the bball championships were playes there. Good reward for the kids. I just hope this year, the WPIAL uses the Zoo seats. How stupid it was last year to not use the best seats because they didnt want to give 1 school better seats. Here's an idea to the brainiacs at the WPIAL, split the fan sections at midcourt like they do for the NCAA Tournament. That way both fanbases can enjoy the best, closest seating.

I think the correct solution is to allow the school's students sit in those seats. And if they really think that would be an issue with students from competing schools sitting next to each other just don't allow anyone to sit in the mid-court section. It's not like any of these schools are bring 600 students or something like that to the game. They'd fit just fine.

I think the correct solution is to allow the school's students sit in those seats. And if they really think that would be an issue with students from competing schools sitting next to each other just don't allow anyone to sit in the mid-court section. It's not like any of these schools are bring 600 students or something like that to the game. They'd fit just fine.

Yea, that would be a good idea but some schools would only bring 50-100 students so that's a lot of empty prime seats.

If we have to have a section as a divider like in European soccer so the students dont attack each other, then we have much greater problems as a society. Most will be texting the whole time. Or maybe make the midcourt Zoo section a higher priced premium seat. So, maybe instead of paying $8 for GA, they pay $15 for that section and that can serve as the buffer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT