ADVERTISEMENT

WVU favored by 13 1/2

Yeah, on-paper matchup has this as a 13 point game, so makes sense Vegas would put it around there. Should generate action on both sides.

Matchup itself is worse than the on-paper matchup, though.

Think this team is going to really struggle with the press. They aren’t comfortable with lower level teams applying pressure yet, this is going to be running into a buzzsaw for them.

Turnovers and no defense will make the spread a lot more than 13 1/2 at the end of the game. Closer to 25.

Just by watching Pitt play this season I just can’t see them making this a competitive game ..meaning less than 20 . If I watched WVU play and if they were just an average Huggins team I’d say bet the House !

Easily 20 points. Hillbillies will Out rebound Pitt by a considerable margin and also create turnovers with pressure. Shooting percentages won't matter because WVU will get more opportunities from the above key factors.

WVU does have a FAR SUPERIOR Athletic Department. It's not even close.

I think Sagarin has this at +15.5, so between that and the fact we lost to PSU by 30, I'd give the points all day.

WVU does have a FAR SUPERIOR Athletic Department. It's not even close.
Better administration, good stability, lucky to have a home grown b-ball coach who’s one of the best. I’d rather not talk basketball right now hah, but I don’t find their football program, at this juncture, to be thaat far ahead though. Will be interesting to see how things play out between now and the 2022 matchup.

Oh well. I'll just go to the game with friends and family and enjoy being there. I'll get to watch a top 20 basketball team for the first time this year and remember when we were that not too long ago. I just hope the hoopie fans that are there don't act up and make asses out of themselves, as they usually do.

Well, I can say that the hoopie fans did in fact make asses of themselves, so nothing's changed. Coming into our building and yelling "Eat s$%t Pitt" just shows how low and classless they are as a group. They were very lucky they got out of there with a win. The way we played in the second half proved they didn't deserve to win but somehow did.

So they beat a group of freshmen who are just trying to learn to play as a team together. I hope they're proud of that.
When you have one of their cherished qb's of all-time(Harris) writing that eat saying on a wvcc mini helmet then u know why their fans are degenerate mongoloids

DT I told everyone on here to take Pitt and the points because the game would be single digits.Mrs Pizza's Christmas Present just got upgraded.

Reactions: Chaos
The Mounties have holes in the line up that will get exploited in the Big12.I think Huggins is good enough to get them to the big dance though.Ahmad will really help when he gets eligible(dumba$$).

I'm not the one that acted like a low-class douchebag. That's what you guys did, in OUR BUILDING. You must be very proud.

That is who they are... i will never attend any Pitt game that involves wv, ever again, and im going to make sure our athletic department knows that!

That is who they are... i will never attend any Pitt game that involves wv, ever again, and im going to make sure our athletic department knows that!
It was tough, the wvu fans behind me may have been the dumbest people in the arena and they were completely obnoxious on top of that. Aside from everything during the game, there was the yelling at the seat usher on top of that. That's what will happen though if us Pitt fans don't show up. If we continue to play them all we can do is buy up all the tickets ourselves.

Being a rivalry game, I would have stayed away.

I WVU would cover easily after the first half, but the foul trouble really hurt.

It was tough, the wvu fans behind me may have been the dumbest people in the arena and they were completely obnoxious on top of that. Aside from everything during the game, there was the yelling at the seat usher on top of that. That's what will happen though if us Pitt fans don't show up. If we continue to play them all we can do is buy up all the tickets ourselves.

Bingo. If Pitt fans show up...as they SHOULD...it wouldn't be an issue.

Reactions: Pittx9
Come on admit it was fun to be playing the Mountaineers again.Just remember sometimes when fans are ignorant they can can't help it.It might happen because of low IQ,poor parent guidance ,peer pressure or no self control but fan stupidity happens.I can't wait untill next year at the coliseum when I hope 5k Pitt fans show up and liven up the place.Huggy wants to play it ever year as long as he's at Wvu.

Reactions: eastcoasthoops

It's a large part of the reason we quit playing wvu when Dixon was here and we moved to the ACC. He didn't want to have to have the fans and his team tolerate the Neanderthal behavior of that fanbase. He knew we could beat them and we always did, so being afraid of getting beat is just an excuse that others on here like to throw out there. It wasn't that at all.

It's a large part of the reason we quit playing wvu when Dixon was here and we moved to the ACC. He didn't want to have to have the fans and his team tolerate the Neanderthal behavior of that fanbase. He knew we could beat them and we always did, so being afraid of getting beat is just an excuse that others on here like to throw out there. It wasn't that at all.

The last straw was when the Hoopie fan threw the coin that hit the assistant coach just under his eye.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT