ADVERTISEMENT

You need to be able to score 30 points

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
This is college football.

We are in danger of going 3-8 or 4-7.

This is why we can't have nice things. NC Mothereffing State. 14 point underdogs.

I’ll take the over of 5. Want to bet?

Hmmm. No way we beat The Legend Jeff Hafley and Jurokovec. After making Leary look like Trevor Lawrence, Jurokocec might get into the Heisman Race after going against our D.

We are done. 4-7. Maybe we can get to 5-6. Whipple needs to go.

Whipple lost the game when they scored too fast. You need to eat the clock when the opposing team has no time outs left.

Hmmm. No way we beat The Legend Jeff Hafley and Jurokovec. After making Leary look like Trevor Lawrence, Jurokocec might get into the Heisman Race after going against our D.

So let’s bet. Doesn’t have to be money. Bragging rights. I’ll take 6 wins or more. You got the under.

I win, you got to wear a MAGA hat waving a US flag. You win, I’ll go scream and harass white people eating dinner at a restaurant downtown or throw a rock thru a police precinct.

Waddya day.

Last edited:

Only if BC’s offensive tackles play as well as NC State’s. I can’t believe how ineffective our pass rush was today.

30 points? That would be good enough for 40th in scoring offense.

Out of 72 FBS teams.

I said last week they needed 30 to beat Louisville. They didn’t... but go figure they would’ve needed over 30 to beat a supposedly worse team the following week.

“Defense wins championships” sure, but you need a good offense too.

This is college football.

We are in danger of going 3-8 or 4-7.

This is why we can't have nice things. NC Mothereffing State. 14 point underdogs.
Why do so many people over react? Yes, this lost should not have happened. However, I'd bet the house that we don't go 3-8 or 4-7. This team has talent, but we shoot ourselves in the foot too often to win every game.

So let’s bet. Doesn’t have to be money. Bragging rights. I’ll take 6 wins or more. You got the under.

I win, you got to wear a MAGA hat waving a US flag. You win, I’ll go scream and harass white people eating dinner at a restaurant downtown or throw a rock thru a police precinct.

Waddya day.
Love it!

we haven't won less than 5 games in over 20 years. But a team with a ton of seniors is only going to win one more? I'll take that bet.

BTW, if that happens and we only win one more, I will proudly sail on the Narduzzi must go ship, not the Whipple must go ship.

Reactions: Bethlehemjohn
Two touchdowns in five red zone appears isn't good enough. Getting stopped four times from inside the five isn't gonna get it done. The offense did enough to win with a defense that is suppose to be one of the best in the country, but at the same time, their red zone efficiency is awful.

The QB that nearly lost to North Texas St? Mmm ok. Let’s see how we make adjustments for next week. You may be right, but I hoping we just got complacent with the National attention and just got our asses handed to us from a good oline

Two touchdowns in five red zone appears isn't good enough. Getting stopped four times from inside the five isn't gonna get it done. The offense did enough to win with a defense that is suppose to be one of the best in the country, but at the same time, their red zone efficiency is awful.
By the way. I know fans get ridiculously upset seeing the fg team come out on fourth downs. But time and time again proves it’s the right way to go. When you have serious problems getting a yard, and you know that, kick a fg, and keep playing. I’m not just saying this in hindsight, I had zero confidence in us scoring at the time and wanted the fg. If you think of all the times we went for it and made it or didn’t. We either had to do a trick play (the Pittsburgh special) or

Throw out the bravado and lack of self-awareness of going for it on 4th and goal and Pitt wins that game AND scores over 30. Yeah, they should have scored fifty with that many yards from scrimmage and they should probably not be taking so many bad penalties to leave a team like that hang around but they blew it with a stupid decision.

By the way. I know fans get ridiculously upset seeing the fg team come out on fourth downs. But time and time again proves it’s the right way to go. When you have serious problems getting a yard, and you know that, kick a fg, and keep playing. I’m not just saying this in hindsight, I had zero confidence in us scoring at the time and wanted the fg. If you think of all the times we went for it and made it or didn’t. We either had to do a trick play (the Pittsburgh special) or
The Emperor Chaz's motto: Take the points!!!

I was going nuts screaming at the TV and even posted on it during the game immediately. And I rarely post on football because I don't know anything.

Except that you always always always take the points.

Except that you always always always take the points.

That's just silly.

First off, we tried to take the points against Penn State last year. And setting aside for a moment the fact that we still didn't get the point, that decision was just about the dumbest decision that any football coach has ever made.

And secondly, you can't really set aside the notion that while we'd all like to think that a 20 yard field goal is a given, the fact of the matter is that it is not. I mean for god's sake, we've already missed an extra point this year because our holder dropped the snap.

I would wish we'd hire a mad scientist type, like Mike Leach, who's put some crazy ass hurry up air attack in and average 40ppg, even if we lost some 42-40, But Yinzers are too stupid to want that, and they care about how the coach might act. I'd like a controversial crazy MFer who offends people personally.

We scored 29 and our starting receiver dropping the easiest pass of his life prevented us from going over 30. If this defense was half as good as it was hyped up to be, they have to make at least 1 stop on those final 2 drives.

As much as the offense stalled out and botched opportunities, it’s not like the defense was asked to carry the team completely. Not getting torched for 4 TDs through the air is a far cry from being the ‘85 Bears.

Loaded defense, defensive minded coach.... 300+ yards passing allowed and 3 TDs and we still win the game. Offense blew some prime opportunities, defense completely failed the team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT