ADVERTISEMENT

1st try at a Pitt YouTube channel

Let me say once again this is fantastic!! This has given me several hours of entertainment already and happy chills. We were the Beast of the East!
Sadly I don’t think we will reach those heights again in my lifetime. Those were special times friends.

Over the years, I've collected about 560 TV broadcasts of Pitt basketball and football games solely as a hobby. I'm taking my first crack at a Pitt YouTube channel just for fun - no interest at all in ads, making money, etc. I have a day job!

I just uploaded my first broadcast - Florida at Pitt at the Fieldhouse from January 1988 on CBS with Charles Smith dominating Dwayne Schintzius - one of my all-time favorite games and ironic that both of my daughters ended up at UF.

If anybody has any requests for future uploads, let me know.

" " if you're curious.

H2P

can you post the Pitt vs UNC game from the ACC tournament in 2014

Over the years, I've collected about 560 TV broadcasts of Pitt basketball and football games solely as a hobby. I'm taking my first crack at a Pitt YouTube channel just for fun - no interest at all in ads, making money, etc. I have a day job!

I just uploaded my first broadcast - Florida at Pitt at the Fieldhouse from January 1988 on CBS with Charles Smith dominating Dwayne Schintzius - one of my all-time favorite games and ironic that both of my daughters ended up at UF.

If anybody has any requests for future uploads, let me know.

" " if you're curious.

H2P

Add my name to the list that greatly appreciates your channel. I plan to revisit one game a day as we wind through the virus paranoia. Absolutely thrilled to see Florida and OK on the list when home and home games against OOC powers were actually scheduled. God, I miss that era and the Big East in general.
Can I ask you what is the earliest stuff you have. Any Pitt - Duquesne games when they were both pretty good?

Add my name to the list that greatly appreciates your channel. I plan to revisit one game a day as we wind through the virus paranoia. Absolutely thrilled to see Florida and OK on the list when home and home games against OOC powers were actually scheduled. God, I miss that era and the Big East in general.
Can I ask you what is the earliest stuff you have. Any Pitt - Duquesne games when they were both pretty good?

I still have to go into an office, I'll look when I get home and I'll get you something! H2P!

Reactions: H2PisIT
Incredible job. The entire 2008 Big East Tourney would be incredible as would the 2004.

There were a lot of good games in 2010-11 even though that season was a dud in the post season. Ashton was pretty remarkable.

DT:
This is the second round of the 2012 tournament which was a South Regional game played at the Mellon Arena. Pitt's D was just suffocating - Cal shot 31% but only because of some meaningless layups late.
" "

I think you mean the 2002 NCAA tournament. By March of 2012, the arena was looking kinda like this .... :)

mnAa_R1VeP2XOmVtUXaBY4fplAghGK-F6YqY1UvCqaHxHnwuwxyzGJ0zjjwANweMlrdR7aM3EIcEn-0a6yw-Tjq3FcviLb7Vn0nRb99EgAOLC8IFEuCXXT58H6h-

Reactions: Jeff_Hauser
Thanks going to watch the Pitt/Oklahoma game tonight.

Was at the Fieldhouse for this and the atmosphere was the best of any game I attended.

Billy Tubbs had the crowd in a frenzy with remarks like we have better high school gyms in Oklahoma than this dump.

The game was great and having the chance to see Mookie Blaylock play was memorable. He was easily one of the best players to play at the Fieldhouse.

We started 5 Sophomores that game maybe Capel should show our current group Sophomores so they can see what can happen if you stick together.

I'm sure most people on this board have heard of Sam Clancy but few ever saw him play. Well now you can. Pitt beats Duquesne in 1981 to win the Eastern 8 championship which sent the Panthers to the NCAA tournament.

""

@TFloss and @Bethlehemjohn were correct. Here it is:

" "

Jeff ... once again ... thank you so much for this. By the time I'm done with my requests, there might be 100 games on the playlist.

You will be my hero if you have the 1981 NCAA tourney OT win over Idaho.

While you are at it, how about the 1987 Rainbow Classic win over Kansas.

Pitt finally breaks through after making the BET finals 3 years in a row and wins the championship. This was a few weeks after Howland didn't take too kindly to Calhoun's attempt to praise the Panthers as being the best team even though they weren't the most talented.
" "
God, I miss this!

Jeff ... once again ... thank you so much for this. By the time I'm done with my requests, there might be 100 games on the playlist.

Sorry @DT_PITT , I don't have the Idaho win. Games from that period are just about impossible to come by although I do have the loss against UNC 2 days later.

Sorry @DT_PITT , I don't have the Idaho win. Games from that period are just about impossible to come by although I do have the loss against UNC 2 days later.

I would even like seeing the UNC loss, as Clancy stood tall against UNC for as long as he could.

I was in 9th grade for the 1980-1981 team and this was the first year I really, really got into Pitt Hoops as my favorite team of all of sports. I've been "stuck" ever since. But I loved Clancy and this team and I felt as if I was the only person in my High School who even cared about Pitt Hoops.

I loved watching Chipman's 1-3-1 with Carlton Neverson running the baseline.

I would even like seeing the UNC loss, as Clancy stood tall against UNC for as long as he could.

I was in 9th grade for the 1980-1981 team and this was the first year I really, really got into Pitt Hoops as my favorite team of all of sports. I've been "stuck" ever since. But I loved Clancy and this team and I felt as if I was the only person in my High School who even cared about Pitt Hoops.

Sam was the ultimate warrior, DT. He could dominate inside like DeJuan Blair, but he didn't have as good of an all-around supporting cast.

Neverson is one of this fans all time favorites. The era was special with the number of local players and in part because, unlike today, expectations were much more tempered with the team.

Reactions: 4Mark_Marty

Jeff, huge long shot here I know, but the Feb. 1979 Pitt at Duke game is one I've always wanted to see. It wasn't televised in Pittsburgh. But thought maybe it was out there somewhere from Raycom or somewhere in ACC country. I listened to it on radio. Pitt won 71-69 on a Sam Clancy buzzer beater. Thanks.

Forgot to post this earlier, but the Rainbow Classic win featuring Charles Smith vs. Danny Manning (and Larry Brown vs. Paul Evans I suppose) is here, enjoy:

""

Jeff, huge long shot here I know, but the Feb. 1979 Pitt at Duke game is one I've always wanted to see. It wasn't televised in Pittsburgh. But thought maybe it was out there somewhere from Raycom or somewhere in ACC country. I listened to it on radio. Pitt won 71-69 on a Sam Clancy buzzer beater. Thanks.

Sorry, can't help you with this one.

I'm sure most people on this board have heard of Sam Clancy but few ever saw him play. Well now you can. Pitt beats Duquesne in 1981 to win the Eastern 8 championship which sent the Panthers to the NCAA tournament.

" "
Saw him play in high school when he was at Brashear playing against Gene Banks from West Philly in the old great tourney in Johnstown...helluva battle with the Speedboys eking out the win...think they were both ranked in the top five in the nation. Looks like he got his revenge against Banks at Duke according to PittMan72.

@Jeff_Hauser I have a few games saved on my personal dropbox you might like to have if you don't already.
Pitt vs Duke at MSG in 2007
Cuse at Pitt from 2011, though it starts a few minutes in
Pitt at Connecticut 2009.
I've got all of them, thanks though, appreciate it. At some point, I'll see if my copy of the 2011 Syracuse-Pitt game starts on time and then post it.

These YouTube videos are fantastic. In the past three days, I have watched Pitt vs Florida (88), Pitt at Kentucky (92 Preseason NIT). Looking forward to watching them all!

I'm going to take a break for a little while to get back to my day job! Later on, we'll go a bit more recent.

""

ADVERTISEMENT