ADVERTISEMENT

1st try at a Pitt YouTube channel

Curious to see the B1G/ACC challenge game against Penn State in 2013.

Would love the 1985 blowout win over Villanova one month before they won the national title. I believe it was a CBS game. Thanks!

Any plans on uploading football games as well? Allow me to thank you once again!
This is so awesome! I’m an educator so haven’t been back to work since last Friday. As a result, I’ve already watched 8-9 games you have put up and I’ll be watching the rest soon. I can’t tell you how awesome this has been!

Any plans on uploading football games as well? Allow me to thank you once again!
This is so awesome! I’m an educator so haven’t been back to work since last Friday. As a result, I’ve already watched 8-9 games you have put up and I’ll be watching the rest soon. I can’t tell you how awesome this has been!
Sure, I'll work on a few over the weekend for ya.

Thanks for the patience @Protes - this was the OT thriller capped off by the game-winning 3 by Levance followed by him almost kicking Jamie in the teeth. Great win marred though by a tough injury in the OT to Mike Cook.

" "
Watched the OT. Still painful watching Mike Cook go down. Can't help but think "what might have been" the rest of that season if we didn't lose him. It's also funny how you can still get mad at certain calls. The charge call against Levance was pretty bad. Last but not least, too bad this cuts off before watching Levance jump on the scorer's table after that win! Such a great moment! #onions

Sure, I'll work on a few over the weekend for ya.

Thanks so much! Here are some requests...

2013 Pitt at Duke 58-55 W
2008 Pitt at ND 36-33 4OT
2012 Pitt at ND 29-26 OT L
2014 Armed Forces Bowl Houston 35-34 L

Thank you for all of these videos. I have a game that I remember. It was Pitt's last game in the Eastern 8 when they beat a pretty good WV team, 79-72. It was the 81-82 season. This win got them into the Big Dance where they lost in the 1st Round to Pepperdine. I think Pitt had a kid on the team by the name of Roosevelt "Boo" Kirby. Would love to see if you have this game by chance. HTP!

Thank you for all of these videos. I have a game that I remember. It was Pitt's last game in the Eastern 8 when they beat a pretty good WV team, 79-72. It was the 81-82 season. This win got them into the Big Dance where they lost in the 1st Round to Pepperdine. I think Pitt had a kid on the team by the name of Roosevelt "Boo" Kirby. Would love to see if you have this game by chance. HTP!
Sorry, I have very few games that go back before 1986, and I don't have this particular one.

Appreciate it! That game (and, maybe, Loyola?) was the only game I could see in-person that year, so I've never watched it on TV. 2013-14 was a pretty underrated Pitt team...and might have even won the ACC in its first year if it had a little more scoring depth in the backcourt. In fact, now that I'm thinking about it, DJ Newbill on that Penn State team would have looked pretty nice as the 2 guard on that Pitt team.

I’m not technologically advanced in my middle age, how would I watch these uploaded games if I went to you tube on my television? Great job uploading these!

Sorry, I have very few games that go back before 1986, and I don't have this particular one.

That's a bummer -- the 82 WVU game would have been great.

Just to keep things current, I'm putting together a full list to upload. Some of these have been mentioned already. (And you may have uploaded some of the these already.)

Don't know how many of these you can do, but each and every one will be appreciated -- and you know I will watch every single one!!

Thanks again for the work!

1. March 12, 1997 -- Jason Maile 40 point game over Villanova
2. March 6, 1988 - Pitt - Syracuse at the Dome
3. Feb 19, 1983 -- against G-town at the Ftiz -- Matt Miklasevich gives Ewing a hard time.
4. Jan 21, 1985 -- Pitt beats BC in Boston -- Smith scores 26 going 18-21 from the foul line.
5. March 2,1985 -- Pitt beats Villanova at the Fitz -- Rollie pulls his starters.
6. March 16, 1991 -- Glover shoots Pitt past Georgia
7. Jan 10, 1996 -- Pitt crushes Iverson and G-town
8. March 8, 2001 -- over ND in the BET
9. March 9, 2001 -- over Syracuse in the BET
10. March 8, 2002 -- over Miami in the BET
11. January 6, 2003 -- over 5th ranked ND at the Pete
12. January 18, 2003 - Jaron shuts down Carmelo in Cuse win
13. March 14, 2003 against BC in the BET -- great defense
14. March 27, 2003 -- Marquette loss, but a great game to watch
15. Jan 24, 2004 -- crushing the Cuse in the Dome
16. Feb 24, 2004 -- beat #5 UConn at the Pette
17. March 13, 2004 -- loss to UConn in the BET -- so much Black Magic -- fun to watch!
18. March 21, 2004 - NCAA win over Wisky -- our best NCAA win of the last 40 years.
19. Feb 8, 2006 -- Over WVU we shut down the trailer monster
20. March 9, 2007 -- Over L-ville in the BET
21. Jan 14, 2008 -- Beat #5 G-town
22. Feb 7, 2008 -- Ramon's shot over WVU
23. March 1, 2008 -- Come back from down 11 with 3:43 to go to beat Cuse
24. March 13, 2008 -- over L-ville in the BET
25. March 26, 2009 -- Xavier in NCAA -- have you done this yet?
27. March 28, 2009 -- yes, I DO want to watch this! It was a great game!
28. Jan 16, 2010 -- Over L-ville in OT
29. Feb 12, 2010 -- WVU in 3 OT's -- you already did this one, yes?
30. March 8, 2014 -- We beat Clemson after Newkirk sends it to OT
31. November 26, 2014 -- KSU -- just because it's Maui and I can easily see me, my wife and son in the crowd.
32. March 9, 2016 -- Cam Johnson saves the day against Cuse in the BET
33. January 4, 2017 -- win over Virginia in OT if we somehow feel the need to include a game from the Stallings era.
34. January 9, 2019 -- Trey beat L-ville in OT.

(Special Request -- Feb 16, 1991 -- Pitt beats St. John's at the Fitz. -- Totally missed this game due to getting married)

Reactions: 4Mark_Marty
The rhetoric at the beginning of this game led to the famous fight at the end of it. And John Thompson did not take very kindly at all to Bill Raftery's comments after the game.

Just an aside, Producer Matt McDonald used my footage of this game, particularly the beginning of the broadcast, in the Requiem for the Big East you may have seen, which is how I got a credit at the end of the documentary.

""

The rhetoric at the beginning of this game led to the famous fight at the end of it. And John Thompson did not take very kindly at all to Bill Raftery's comments after the game.

Just an aside, Producer Matt McDonald used my footage of this game, particularly the beginning of the broadcast, in the Requiem for the Big East you may have seen, which is how I got a credit at the end of the documentary.

" "
That is so cool that you are credited!

"[/QUOTE]

" "
Was that Sean Miller that watched the fight happen right in front of him at G’Town? If so, he was a real beyotch. You jump in and help your teammate. That goes for anyone that watches your guy get jumped right in front of you.

Last edited:
Ok... one request... I don’t know the year? Maybe 05? Pitt at Providence. Our domination of Providence that night basically ended Tim Welch’s career and their program. If you could!

What makes you so interested in that game? LOL

Yeah. I wonder why? ;)

That was back in the day when the FFH had a raised floor. Kind of like a platform. And I think either the ‘62 or ‘63 game vs WVU at the FFH was televised locally. It was the first Pitt basketball game I ever saw on TV.

" "
Can we get those flags waving in the crowd again?

Jaron Brown did a good defensive job on Carmelo Anthony in 2003. Julius Page went for 25 and Chevon Troutman scored 23 off the bench which helped the Panthers overcome the loss of Brandin Knight in the second half to a concussion.

""

Reactions: Bethlehemjohn
ADVERTISEMENT