ADVERTISEMENT

3 thoughts..

whirlybird optio

Head Coach
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2003
1) This team is improving

2) If you want to know why this team is improving, there are three names: James Robinson, Ryan Luther and Chris Jones.

3) I have doubted our player's hearts, I have doubted our talent, I have never, once, doubted that our coach, the best coach in the history of this program, somehow forgot how to coach. He's one of the best in the business, and he is really doing yeoman's work getting this group to improve this late in the season.

HAIL TO PITT

2) If you want to know why this team is improving, there are three names: James Robinson, Ryan Luther and Chris Jones.

3) I have doubted our player's hearts, I have doubted our talent, I have never, once, doubted that our coach, the best coach in the history of this program, somehow forgot how to coach. He's one of the best in the business, and he is really doing yeoman's work getting this group to improve this late in the season.

HAIL TO PITT
What about Jeter today? He was a big part of this win.

Reactions: Panthervision

HAIL TO PITT

Agreed. This team is getting better. I was talking to my dad a bit before the game and said something about how I thought Pitt just needed to make the Dance because it's a weak field in CBB this year. If this team keeps getting better, I wouldn't be shocked if they surprised some teams and won a couple games in March.

It would sure be fun to win a few in the blue this year.

HAIL TO PITT
3 things stuck out today. Great defense. Great rebounding and last but not least, cherishing every possession. very few possessions ended up in stupid turnovers or bad shots. There were some but Pitt kept the brain farts to a minimum.

It's ashame that we couldn't close out Miami and Louisville. Oh well....great W

What about Jeter today? He was a big part of this win.

Sure was. But if we are judging this team in their recent 3-1 stretch, there is no question in my mind that the biggest difference has been the play of the three names I've mentioned. Jeter today was a bonus. But Robinson has been playing at an all-conference rate last 4 games, Jones has steadied the 2 guard spot, and Luther has flat out become a man out there.

We have played our best ball the last 2 games with him on the bench.

Kudos to Jamie for riding Luther-Jeter down the stretch. It's not easy to leave Mike Young on the bench. It's easy when you are coaching the team on a message board, but Jamie rode Jeter-Luther and it paid off.

Our 5 that closed the game for the last 10 minutes were easily our best 5 today.

Reactions: Panthervision
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT