ADVERTISEMENT

Akok Akok

I have also been complimentary of Capel’s effect on recruits thus far and mentioned other guys that I preferred (Oats, Musselman) in addition to Hurley. Hurley was the best guy for Pitt’s job...denying that is foolish.
Your username is really ironic when reading your posts

If my kid were a Top 100 player, it would be tough for me to NOT send my kid to Harvard, Yale, or Princeton
Depends on what you really want your for your future . If your goal in life is to play pro ball I'd go play in the ACC. Reason is simple measure yourself against the best if you realize your goal is unobtainable transfer to an Ivy or if your that superior a student go to a grad program at an Ivy .
If you have no professional aspirations you go Ivy 100% .

Ps . The kids who go to an Ivy or Stanford that have an opportunity to play professional sports normally do so and outearn the majority of their clasmates .

If my kid were a Top 100 player, it would be tough for me to NOT send my kid to Harvard, Yale, or Princeton
Depends on what you really want your for your future . If your goal in life is to play pro ball I'd go play in the ACC. Reason is simple measure yourself against the best if you realize your goal is unobtainable transfer to an Ivy or if your that superior a student go to a grad program at an Ivy .
If you have no professional aspirations you go Ivy 100% .

Ps . The kids who go to an Ivy or Stanford that have an opportunity to play professional sports normally do so and outearn the majority of their clasmates .

Or go to NW, Vandy, Duke, or Stanford.

Another factor is sports can get you through the door at an Ivy--but if your family is upper middle class or above they may be required to pay your tuition--unless you qualify for an academic ship.

Pete Carril, when he coached Princeton, was known to complain that most of the kids who could really play hoops at a high level couldn't meet Princeton's minimum academic admission standards and most of the players who could meet those standards could not qualify for financial aid.

Another factor is sports can get you through the door at an Ivy--but if your family is upper middle class or above they may be required to pay your tuition--unless you qualify for an academic ship.

Pete Carril, when he coached Princeton, was known to complain that most of the kids who could really play hoops at a high level couldn't meet Princeton's minimum academic admission standards and most of the players who could meet those standards could not qualify for financial aid.
Had a cousin whose daughter had full rides at major swimming programs that were fine academic institutions who got into an Ivy and went . They discounted their 60k bill by 10k .
Last I heard schools like Harvard , Yale Stanford waive tuition for famlies making less than 100k.

-Akok went from Syracuse lock, to Uconn lock, to, well, if we called anyone the leader at this point, maybe, maybe Uconn is the leader but we really dont know but we'll guess.

Akok

Breakdown: Akok's lone remaining official visit to take is Pittsburgh and he's knocking that out over the next few days. A decision might not follow immediately, however Akok should be ready to decide relatively soon. There were rumors that he committed to UConn after his visit there but he shot them down. The Huskies do, however, appear to be in pretty good shape and would be our pick if we had to call any school the leader.

-Akok adds Capel and Xavier Johnson on twitter

Then this nugget comes out

Then there's Akok Akok (No. 39), who took his final official visit this week. He has been to Providence, Georgetown, Connecticut and Syracuse in the past month, and Akok went to Pittsburgh this week. Connecticut and Pittsburgh are receiving the most buzz for Akok, who is expected to decide soon.

Akok Akok prediction: Pittsburgh or UConn
Others in the mix: Georgetown, Syracuse, Providence

Then there's Akok Akok (No. 39), who took his final official visit this week. He has been to Providence, Georgetown, Connecticut and Syracuse in the past month, and Akok went to Pittsburgh this week. Connecticut and Pittsburgh are receiving the most buzz for Akok, who is expected to decide soon.

If Pitt could land Akok it would be tremendous news. Got my fingers (and toes) crossed on this one.

If Pitt could land Akok it would be tremendous news. Got my fingers (and toes) crossed on this one.

I've never wanted Akok this bad.

IF.

"Big if" It would happens it would be likely a Center commit would follow. Wahab most likely. Or Cockburn (less likely).

-Pitt in great shape for Wahab, per Evans

-Interesting Wahab and Akok visited Uconn together.

He's got a visit coming up to Pitt the first weekend of November and the Panthers seem to have made some headway with him

Reactions: cabe23
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT