ADVERTISEMENT

Animal House

BreakingPitt

All Conference
Apr 27, 2021
good movie,
goodnight
good discussion would have made it better, we need aQB like Marino.
oh no.......we cant
we are just PITT

Named my cat Bluto, which my gf hates.
Probably watched Animal House 20 times during my high school years, love it!

I first saw AH at 12 years old. I had (still have, miraculously) a rogue cousin from Narduzzi’s neck of the ‘hoods (Youngstown) who was like a utility infielder for the mob there. So among other things he had access to counterfeit VCR tapes of movies they would peddle, tapes that weren’t even sold in public at the time, and AH was one (he also used to get us us primo fireworks for Fourth of July).

The tape literally had a plain white label like a can of generic cream corn.

We watched at my aunts house, because hardly anyone had VCRs at the time either. As I recall it looked like something that Kramer filmed in the theater with his Super 8 cam.

Of course I loved the movie (still do). Of course my mom and aunt (nor any woman I’ve ever subsequently met) did NOT. AH must be the 70s version of the Three Stooges, because the female hatred of AH seems near universal. There are no comedies made anymore, so I don’t know what qualifies today… Ant Man maybe?

On the aside, the TV show version of the movie (“Delta House”) was actually not that bad a show either. 12 year old Six Fiver enjoyed it, anyway. Bummed when it was canceled. IMO the problem was more that ABC broadcast the show, and it was the Alabama and Ohio State of the TV networks rolled into one at the time. Had like 9 of the top 10 TV shows or something similarly ridiculous. So new shows had a short leash on that network. If only it could have gone on (then) crappy NBC…lot easier to displace “Manimal” than “Charlie’s Angels” (mmmm… Cheryl Ladd….).

Named my cat Bluto, which my gf hates.
Probably watched Animal House 20 times during my high school years, love it!
Went and saw it on a Saturday afternoon in summer of '78, stayed in the theater and watched it twice that day. :)

Reactions: Harlo4PITT
OIP.Wu48dSsmfCyMNB7X0rUlIgHaDn

Last edited:
Reactions: Atlanta Panther
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT