ADVERTISEMENT

Any rooting interests for the tournament?

No interest whatsoever except for the basketball pool I'm in to get some money. I know very little to nothing about the teams in this year's tournament and really don't care. Until things get opened up as they should have been months ago, it's a non-event. As long as I win my pool.

Utah State and Saint Bonaventure. Love the way both of these teams play. Neemias Queta of USU is a Top 5 big man in the country. Awesome skill set.

Here's my dilemma: my wife went to Iona so it would be fun to see them pull off an upset or two. Of course, I don't really want to root for Pitino. What to do? ;-)

I am rooting for as many games to be canceled as possible

Not rooting for this but the possibility of a team having to bow out due to Covid is a big reason I didn't do any brackets this year.

It's the 10 anniversary of me sitting right behind the basket in Washington DC watching the end of the Pitt vs Butler game. I have no interest in the NCAA tournament right now.

Ramblers, baby!

Can we get Krutwig as a grad transfer? Too bad Illinois is going to crush them. They really got hosed by the committee.

Reactions: USN_Panther
I'm finding a hard time getting excited this year...any good stories? Any players that are must watch?

good lord lots of interest. Ok State and Cade. Drexel where my daughter graduated DPT school. Colgate. Grand Canyon U the only Arizona school in the Dance. Zags maybe getting that long awaited title.
I actually am more excited this year than in a long time.

The environment sucks, but I'm sure it will be an interesting tourney regardless. It always is.

I enjoyed watching the Norfolk St/Appy State game last night. I live in the Norfolk area, but went to the same high school as Dustin Kerns, the Appy State coach. I played a lot of pick-up ball with his brother, who walked-on at Belmont. So watching that game was interesting, knowing the winner gets the Zags.

Colgate is currently giving the Razorbacks the business.

As for a rooting interest - Go UVA!

Utah State and Saint Bonaventure. Love the way both of these teams play. Neemias Queta of USU is a Top 5 big man in the country. Awesome skill set.

Queta is easily one of my favorite players to watch.

I lost my interest in college hoops a few years back. Too much cheating with the blue bloods. It’s a slimy business with most of the people who supposedly care usually looking the other way.

Queta is easily one of my favorite players to watch.

I saw him in Columbus for the NCAAT a few years ago. Had no clue who he was. I posted about him here after the game even though his stats weren't great. Seeing him in person made me realize how good that kid could be. I posted something like how the heck could Utah State have a 5 that good and we cant get anyone? BTW, that Utah State/Washington was a very low level game. Seemed like 2 NIT teams.

Reactions: BFo8
Most definitely Winthrop. I'm a student there and I think they have the most winnable 5 vs. 12 seed game. Except Tennessee and Oregon State of course.

OSU got anal from Oral.

I'm pulling for WVU. I like Huggins.
Why any Pitt fan would root for WVU in any sport is mind boggling to me. WVU fans hate Pitt with a passion. I was at Deep Creek this past summer and these random WVU kids just started screaming Eat Shit Pitt from their boat for absolutely no reason. Nobody around was even wearing Pitt gear. Their hate for Pitt is 24/7/365.

Why any Pitt fan would root for WVU in any sport is mind boggling to me. WVU fans hate Pitt with a passion. I was at Deep Creek this past summer and these random WVU kids just started screaming Eat Shit Pitt from their boat for absolutely no reason. Nobody around was even wearing Pitt gear. Their hate for Pitt is 24/7/365.
I used to work for WVU. It's not that bad. Penn State? Definitely would never root for them.

I used to work for WVU. It's not that bad. Penn State? Definitely would never root for them.
WVU hates Pitt more than any other team they play. That isn’t even debatable. I’ve heard too many Eat Shit Pitt chants and have been in far too many verbal exchanges with Hoopies to change my mind. I’ve heard it at WVU sporting events in which Pitt isn’t even playing, Pirate games, random locations like Deep Creek MD. F’ WVU and their Hiljack fans.

WVU hates Pitt more than any other team they play. That isn’t even debatable. I’ve heard too many Eat Shit Pitt chants and have been in far too many verbal exchanges with Hoopies to change my mind. I’ve heard it at WVU sporting events in which Pitt isn’t even playing, Pirate games, random locations like Deep Creek MD. F’ WVU and their Hiljack fans.
Exactly F wv and drunk huggy too. Have some lukewarm Pitt fans on here and it shows.

Last edited:
To be fair, Pitt did this for years with the "Penn State sucks" chorus for the fight song.
Neither bothers me, so the WVU fans doing this means they have some insecurities deep down.
But to hate on them for it and not see this with Pitt and PSU is inconsistent.

To be fair, Pitt did this for years with the "Penn State sucks" chorus for the fight song.
Neither bothers me, so the WVU fans doing this means they have some insecurities deep down.
But to hate on them for it and not see this with Pitt and PSU is inconsistent.
Dont try to change the subject I'm with Sauce on this one. Good try though lol

Reactions: USN_Panther
Ok. Ok I see the error of my ways. I'll root for Liberty. Has to be some joke in there about the Falwells and the office pool.

Reactions: HOF Coach
I tried to watch some of this NCAAT, but now bored to tears. Going to watch some college hockey instead.

Houston is a serious dark horse. As a frustrated Pitt football fan, it gives me hope when I see a former monster rise from the dead, and regain elite status.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT