ADVERTISEMENT

Attendance

We were borderline Top 25 with Dixon but attendance was plummeting so he thought we needed to play WVU to give the fans something before January. I dont blame him. Jamie didn't like it and that was a big reason he left. Fewer fans were coming but Jamie didn't think the AD had any right to mess with his Jamieball schedule
I don't think this was the straw that broke the camel's back , but decently was a factor .

We were borderline Top 25 with Dixon but attendance was plummeting so he thought we needed to play WVU to give the fans something before January. I dont blame him. Jamie didn't like it and that was a big reason he left. Fewer fans were coming but Jamie didn't think the AD had any right to mess with his Jamieball schedule

Jamie was right.

I've gone to a few games this season and used StubHub for one of them. There just aren't a ton of tickets available because there's not that many people with season tickets to begin with. In years past you could find lots of tickets for really cheap prices to these types of nonconf games but now not so much.

Huh. Surprised to hear that. Thanks for the info.

LOL! Wow, talk about revisionist thinking!

Jamie was right.

To completely ignore paying customers that wanted ONE interesting home game before January?

Somehow beating up on 12 overmatched teams entertained some on here . Ask the STH who tried to sell or even give away those OOC tickets how easy a feat that was !
How can any fan of college ball complain about adding a quality game to your schedule . The shame of it is Pitts just not a quality program right now .

Somehow beating up on 12 overmatched teams entertained some on here . Ask the STH who tried to sell or even give away those OOC tickets how easy a feat that was !
How can any fan of college ball complain about adding a quality game to your schedule . The shame of it is Pitts just not a quality program right now .

Every program in the ACC played at least 1 high level home and home besides the ACC/B10 challenge except Pitt, Duke, and ND. But Duke plays several high level neutral site games and ND plays either Ind, Pur, or Butler in Indy every year.

Every program in the ACC played at least 1 high level home and home besides the ACC/B10 challenge except Pitt, Duke, and ND. But Duke plays several high level neutral site games and ND plays either Ind, Pur, or Butler in Indy every year.

Yeah, it is so much more fun to be terrible and seeing pitt get obliterated by 30 points by other power 5 teams.

You guys are getting the program you deserve.

Yeah, it is so much more fun to be terrible and seeing pitt get obliterated by 30 points by other power 5 teams.

You guys are getting the program you deserve.

No, Jamie could have still had a good program and played ONE high level home and home, something to give the fans a reason to get excited before January. Just needed to play 1 like everyone else.

No, Jamie could have still had a good program and played ONE high level home and home, something to give the fans a reason to get excited before January. Just needed to play 1 like everyone else.

Yeah, but that isn’t what you asked for. You wanted like three or four high major teams every year.

Yeah, but that isn’t what you asked for. You wanted like three or four high major teams every year.

No. I said EVERY P5 should get togethet and arrange their schedules like that. Since that is obviously never going to happen, Jamie just needed to be like everyone else and schedule 1, maybe 2 high level home and homes. The fact that Barnes made him do so scared him to Fort Worth. Pretty pathetic really.

No. I said EVERY P5 should get togethet and arrange their schedules like that. Since that is obviously never going to happen, Jamie just needed to be like everyone else and schedule 1, maybe 2 high level home and homes. The fact that Barnes made him do so scared him to Fort Worth. Pretty pathetic really.

Pretty pathetic that you are more interested in having a home game against WVU than a good coach.

Also, the Purdue game debunked your theory...top ten team, couldn’t sell out.

I always thought the non conf schedule complaints were overblown. Every major program has the same type of schedule. I just looked at Duke's schedule this year and where are all these great high level home games you speak of? I know they played away in the PK80 event and they were away in the ACC/B10 challenge but that home schedule looks pretty familiar. UNC and Kansas don't look much different.

Men's Basketball - 2017-18 Schedule/Results

Oct 27
Northwest Missouri State (Exhibition) Durham, N.C. https://twitter.com/dukembb
Nov 04
Bowie State (Exhibition) Durham, N.C. https://twitter.com/dukembb
Nov 10
Elon Durham, N.C. https://twitter.com/dukembb
Nov 11
Utah Valley Durham, N.C. https://twitter.com/dukembb
Nov 17
Southern Durham, N.C.
Nov 20
Furman Durham, N.C.
South Dakota Durham, N.C.
Dec 05
Saint Francis (Pa.) Durham, N.C.

I always thought the non conf schedule complaints were overblown. Every major program has the same type of schedule. I just looked at Duke's schedule this year and where are all these great high level home games you speak of? I know they played away in the PK80 event and they were away in the ACC/B10 challenge but that home schedule looks pretty familiar. UNC and Kansas don't look much different.

Oct 27
Northwest Missouri State (Exhibition) Durham, N.C.
Nov 04
Bowie State (Exhibition) Durham, N.C.
Nov 10
Elon Durham, N.C.
Nov 11
Utah Valley Durham, N.C.
Nov 17
Southern Durham, N.C.
Nov 20
Furman Durham, N.C.
Dec 05

This has been said to SMF literally for YEARS, and he has ignored it again and again. Most teams play a tournament, and at most one quality home game, and sometimes none. Pitt has never really been that different.

Pretty pathetic that you are more interested in having a home game against WVU than a good coach.

Also, the Purdue game debunked your theory...top ten team, couldn’t sell out.

I would rather have Dixon than Stallings. I'd rather have Dixon AND a terrible schedule than Stallings and a good schedule. But, we could have had Dixon AND a better schedule if he didn't quit.

And the Purdue game was Tuesday at 9PM opposite a Pens game. It didn't sell out but had 10K and pretty good atmosphere.

Oct 27
Northwest Missouri State (Exhibition) Durham, N.C. https://twitter.com/dukembb
Nov 04
Bowie State (Exhibition) Durham, N.C. https://twitter.com/dukembb
Nov 10
Elon Durham, N.C. https://twitter.com/dukembb
Nov 11
Utah Valley Durham, N.C. https://twitter.com/dukembb
Nov 17
Southern Durham, N.C.
Nov 20
Furman Durham, N.C.
Dec 05

I said in a previous post that Pitt, ND, and Duke were the only 3 ACC teams that didn't play high level home and homes. But Duke played at least 2 high level neutral site games (MSG and Champions Classic). ND at least played in that Indy event.

Oct 27
Northwest Missouri State (Exhibition) Durham, N.C.
Nov 04
Bowie State (Exhibition) Durham, N.C.
Nov 10
Elon Durham, N.C.
Nov 11
Utah Valley Durham, N.C.
Nov 17
Southern Durham, N.C.
Nov 20
Furman Durham, N.C.
Dec 05

This has been said to SMF literally for YEARS, and he has ignored it again and again. Most teams play a tournament, and at most one quality home game, and sometimes none. Pitt has never really been that different.

Nope 12 of the ACC teams played:

Exempt tournament
Big Ten
1-2 high level home and homes

Pitt, Duke, and ND did not

And remember in the Big East, Jamie did not have that Big Ten game so after it went to 18 games, he dropped all high level home and homes

And the Purdue game was Tuesday at 9PM opposite a Pens game. It didn't sell out but had 10K and pretty good atmosphere.

It's just like with football scheduling. Pitt fans are just chomping at the bit to see Pitt play good opposition at home. Unless the game is on the wrong day of the week. Or starts at the wrong time. Or there is something else that they can be doing at that time instead of going to the Pitt game.

And you know why that is? Because Pitt fans are pathetic.

Not even close to being accurate. Jamie was willing to schedule at least a couple of better teams OOC. The schedule decision wasn't just on him. And he didn't leave because someone was trying to force him to play a quality opponent or WVU. He was forced out by an imbecile of an AD and some imbecile, big mouth donors who wanted him gone. And Jamie was smart enough to realize that working for an imbecile will only drag him down with him.

He was going to stay and he was planning on an upgraded schedule. But the a$$hole boosters club and AD wanted him gone. So he went to a much better situation and a better program. I don't blame him. This program right now is a trainwreck and will only get worse before it gets better. If it does.

But in my mind, who cares? We're stuck with what we have and we can only hope that we can win a few games every now and then and have something to cheer about. These kids deserve our support. They didn't ask to be dragged down with it. That's who I cheer for at the games...those kids trying to get a good education while playing a game they love. The coach and the athletic programs don't deserve my applause. The kids do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT