ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl Season Boredom

kma0043

Junior
Nov 30, 2014
Even as frustrated as I am with CFB in its current state I still watch bowl games between Xmas and new years. That being said I cannot believe I just watched Tulane vs VT in a monsoon. VT with the win is now guaranteed to be in the preseason Top 25 next august.

Even as frustrated as I am with CFB in its current state I still watch bowl games between Xmas and new years. That being said I cannot believe I just watched Tulane vs VT in a monsoon. VT with the win is now guaranteed to be in the preseason Top 25 next august.

Same with WVU. Beat 0 teams with winning records. Will beat UNC without their QB and start next year ranked #21 despite being utter trash

I can't do it. They're like M. Night Shyamalan movies: They look like something you would normally like... until you start watching them.

"Team X has no scholarship running backs playing; a walk-on tight end is playing center; half their starters are out, and the ones who are playing are all in the transfer portal; and the quarterback will be throwing with his non-dominant arm today, because the 28-year-old who is making his first and last start wants to preserve his good arm for when he becomes a professional axe thrower after college."

College football is my favorite sport to watch for about the first 8 or 9 weeks, but it gets bad fast once injuries/opt-outs/etc. start to pile up.

Reactions: pittmaninwv
I have yet to watch more than like 10 mins of any game. Granted no good teams have played yet and maybe tomorrow or Friday I will start watching but with pitt not having a game, I am really disinterested this year. I will most certainly watch the playoffs but probably not much more.

You have to wonder if there will be big changes to bowl season in a few years. Eventually games with terrible ratings and low attendance won’t have $$ value. Will sponsors really want to spend much money on a game with 20,000 in attendance and no one watching it? Will P5 conferences want to send their teams across the country to play in bowl game with payouts that are less than the expenses to travel too them?
Maybe it will just be the playoffs and a few other bowl games.

UNC obviously bored

Getting killed by the Hoopies

Obviously UNC don’t got it with without their QB

Last edited:
UNC obviously bored

Getting killed by the Hoopies

Obviously UNC don’t got it with without their QB

You cant take a 1st Round QB off a team. This season was the worst thing that could happen for WVU. Beat an FCS team, 6 teams with losing records, 2 6-6 teams, and UNC without their QB so it guaranteed Neal Brown 2-3 more years. The reality is they are terrible. However, so is their league so I guess they can go 8-4 again next year. And as bad as we are, one of those losses will be against us

Same with WVU. Beat 0 teams with winning records. Will beat UNC without their QB and start next year ranked #21 despite being utter trash
Which is slightly better than Pitt, which will have a preseason rank of around 65 and will be viewed worse than utter trash. Won’t be long before you Pitt fans are on your knees begging to get in the B12. Bahahahaha

Which is slightly better than Pitt, which will have a preseason rank of around 65 and will be viewed worse than utter trash. Won’t be long before you Pitt fans are on your knees begging to get in the B12. Bahahahaha

Correct. We will be picked very low. We suck. So do you.

Drink moonshine. Win a meaningless bowl game against backups. Drink more moonshine. Run to the Pitt board hoping for approval.

What a sad life, little cousin. I won’t even call you a little brother because that would mean a way too similar of a genetic makeup.

God bless them, I have some brain dead cousins like yourself, but I try to love those dimwits just the same too.

So you celebrate your big bowl win coming over here? Don't you need to source some fentanyl? Recycle a pickup truck full of beer cans?

Q: How do you circumcise a hoopie?

A: Kick his sister in the mouth.

I have yet to watch more than like 10 mins of any game. Granted no good teams have played yet and maybe tomorrow or Friday I will start watching but with pitt not having a game, I am really disinterested this year. I will most certainly watch the playoffs but probably not much more.
Agree! Have not watched one game yet.

Reactions: goatman
I haven’t watched bowl games for years and also quit attending Pitt’s bowl games ever since the opting out started. I simply don’t enjoy college football like I used to anymore.

Drink moonshine. Win a meaningless bowl game against backups. Drink more moonshine. Run to the Pitt board hoping for approval.

What a sad life, little cousin. I won’t even call you a little brother because that would mean a way too similar of a genetic makeup.

God bless them, I have some brain dead cousins like yourself, but I try to love those dimwits just the same too.
You forgot engaging in that passionate sister love that is so prevalent in West Virginia

Anyone else think dumping mayo on the coach was a little weird and gross? Weird because it's not like you're going to do a Gatorade shower for the guy after winning a Wednesday bowl game two days after Christmas but doing it with what looks like mayo just had to be nasty.

TCU last year. A little worse than that. Somehow TCU beat Michigan but they did have a great WR and QB like Pitt 2021. Louisville is a 6-6 team

NC State was about as bad of a 9-3 team as I've seen, also. I think the transfer portal has the quality of play down across the board - at least for the have-nots. When that Iowa team can go 10-2... I mean.

NC State was about as bad of a 9-3 team as I've seen, also. I think the transfer portal has the quality of play down across the board - at least for the have-nots. When that Iowa team can go 10-2... I mean.

NC State was 9-3? Holy crap. I would have thought 7-5. Obviously I dont pay attention to the standings. You make a good point about the portal affecting play.

In the last 2 years, we had TCU as the worst 12-1 team ever. Iowa was the worst 10-2 team ever. Louisville not far behind. NC State and WVU are in the running for worst 9-3 and 8-4 teams ever. Really odd.

Bowl win? This was an exhibition game, nothing else. I watched exactly 0 minutes of this meaningless game. I didn't even know it existed or was on. No one other than the parents of the players and a few idiot fans watched this game. That's just the way it is until the playoffs start.

Now with college sports essentially being professional sports, I don't bother watching or following any team other than Pitt. And that's only because of habit over 60 years. These are professional players now, and mostly very poor ones. No interest in watching a bunch of paid kids play their silly games, especially when it comes to these meaningless "bowl" games.

But big whoop to you if your pathetic team won. I assume it did if you're coming to a Pitt board and crowing about it as if you had something to do with it. Give our love to your fellow hoopies on your board. I don't frequent trashy sites.

I haven’t watched bowl games for years and also quit attending Pitt’s bowl games ever since the opting out started. I simply don’t enjoy college football like I used to anymore.

I'm with you. I used to love going to Pitt regular season games. Now I go to get a Primantis sandwich and a dill pickle, sit with my sons and maybe my grandkids, and just enjoy a nice day outdoors. If Pitt wins, fine. If not, I'm over it before I get to the exit. That's not at all like I was 40 years ago, that's for sure. Maybe it's just because I grew up.

Boston College is basically playing a home game and there’s less than 5,000 people in the stadium. These games only mean something for degenerate gamblers.

I assume somebody is making money off of these lesser bowls, but I'll be damned if I can figure out how.

Boston College is basically playing a home game and there’s less than 5,000 people in the stadium. These games only mean something for degenerate gamblers.

They are cheap content to have on during the holiday break. That’s all they have been for a long time. Grandma doesn’t care that team X’s QB is sitting out while she’s baking cookies and grandpa is arguing with his liberal son-in-law over Trump.

You said they are the worst P5 team with the weakest schedule, yet they finish 9-4, I'd happily be really bad and play a really weak schedule, win a bowl game against a team where everyone good opts out, and go 9-4 instead of playing a tough schedule against name opponents ang going 3-9, it's way more enjoyable, I'd rather fail the SMF eye test and WIN 9 GAMES, even if it's against girls high school teams, it's MORE FUN :)

I watch parts of games here and there, don't care about any of the games enough to watch a whole one without Pitt in it, definitely won't watch the playoffs, because I want all of those teams to lose :)

I watched a lot of the FCS playoff games though, those are fun, because it's a real competition with no eye tests. Actually, the very best game I've watched was 38-37, Cortland vs. North Central in the D3 Championship game.

I actually like a lot of the opt outs.

I’ve seen Caleb Williams. He would have no interest in this game anyway.

The bowl games have now become a kind of more important spring game, where you see the next series of future players. And those guys do care because this is their first audition.

I assume somebody is making money off of these lesser bowls, but I'll be damned if I can figure out how.

ESPN makes money off of them. And coaches who have bonuses built into their contracts for making a bowl game make money off of them. And that's why they'll keep playing them, as long as so many people keep watching them.

Bowl win? This was an exhibition game, nothing else. I watched exactly 0 minutes of this meaningless game. I didn't even know it existed or was on. No one other than the parents of the players and a few idiot fans watched this game. That's just the way it is until the playoffs start.

Now with college sports essentially being professional sports, I don't bother watching or following any team other than Pitt. And that's only because of habit over 60 years. These are professional players now, and mostly very poor ones. No interest in watching a bunch of paid kids play their silly games, especially when it comes to these meaningless "bowl" games.

But big whoop to you if your pathetic team won. I assume it did if you're coming to a Pitt board and crowing about it as if you had something to do with it. Give our love to your fellow hoopies on your board. I don't frequent trashy sites.
There's currently a 2-page thread at the top of your premium board talking about WVU ;)

You said they are the worst P5 team with the weakest schedule, yet they finish 9-4, I'd happily be really bad and play a really weak schedule, win a bowl game against a team where everyone good opts out, and go 9-4 instead of playing a tough schedule against name opponents ang going 3-9, it's way more enjoyable, I'd rather fail the SMF eye test and WIN 9 GAMES, even if it's against girls high school teams, it's MORE FUN :)

I'd rather be 8-4 vs a weak schedule too but instead our ADs try to maximize our SOS for no apparent reason which is why we have 2 road losses scheduled vs Wisconsin.

WVU was probably one of the worst 10 P5 teams. We were also. There schedule was phenomenal. Watching those 2 teams play live was cruel and unusual punishment. Both were beyond terrible

I'd rather be 8-4 vs a weak schedule too but instead our ADs try to maximize our SOS for no apparent reason which is why we have 2 road losses scheduled vs Wisconsin.

WVU was probably one of the worst 10 P5 teams. We were also. There schedule was phenomenal. Watching those 2 teams play live was cruel and unusual punishment. Both were beyond terrible
WVU was far from one of the worst 10 P5 teams.

To be fair, WVU didn’t schedule cupcakes. They played two P5 teams OOC. One of which they knew at the time of scheduling the game that that team was going to be so far above them they were probably scheduling a L.

Reactions: bdur76
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT