ADVERTISEMENT

Bub

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Have had half a season now to observe

Strengths:
- size for a PG
- age (could be a HS senior with that summer birthday, one of the announcers said he's like the 8th youngest D1 player or something like that)
- mid-range off the dribble is elite
- 3 point shooting is good for an 18 year old and will improve
- rebounding

Weaknesses:
- cant get into the lane and create/finish
- doesn't have natural court vision

SMF Grade: Late 1st, could slip to early 2nd

He will declare and go through the process but unless he doesn't do well in the combines and is universally thought to be 2nd Round, I think he stays in the draft.

Strengths:
- size for a PG
- age (could be a HS senior with that summer birthday, one of the announcers said he's like the 8th youngest D1 player or something like that)
- rebounding

Weaknesses:

He will declare and go through the process but unless he doesn't do well in the combines and is universally thought to be 2nd Round, I think he stays in the draft.
I wouldn’t say that he can’t get into the lane, but more like he rarely chooses to do so. He has shown that he can do it, he just chooses to stay outside and hit the jumper.

This is what is frustrating for me. He is good enough and more than athletic enough to put way more pressure on a defense than he currently does. He needs to do this for us to get better.

Strengths:
- size for a PG
- rebounding

Weaknesses:

The worst thing that happened to Bub was the triple double in his first game. Got people thinking he was Superman. He’s good but he needs much work.

The worst thing that happened to Bub was the triple double in his first game. Got people thinking he was Superman. He’s good but he needs much work.

He's good but not enough. Like he's a college basketball "7" as a PG. Nelly Cummings was a 6. So from a college basketball standpoint, its a slight upgrade. But he has such big NBA potential, he will take that "college basketball 7" to the NBA whereas Cummings couldn't sniff the G league

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT