ADVERTISEMENT

Chancellor Gallagher

PittHOFs

Scholarship
Oct 25, 2016
It's time to put up where your mouth was a couple years ago! DO SOMETHING TO FIX PITT FOOTBALL!!

And I don't want to hear Pitt doesn't get enough donations. Who in their right mind is going to donate to what we are experiencing?? Pitt has put itself in a position where they will have to fork over the money up front to try and win then wait for the donations. Donations aren't going to come first at this point. No one to blame but yourself Pitt Administration and BOT

Last edited:
It's time to put up where your mouth was a couple years ago! DO SOMETHING TO FIX PITT FOOTBALL!!

And I don't want to hear Pitt doesn't get enough donations. Who in their right might is going to donate to what we are experiencing?? Pitt has put itself in a position where they will have to fork over the money up front to try and win then wait for the donations. Donations aren't going to come first at this point. No one to blame but yourself Pitt Administration and BOT
He is all talk. We have 2 Nitters on the BOT Leadership Team and 0 Pitt alums.

He has A LOT more money than Nordy. 25 million on the ACC money. What was the Big East? 8 or 9 million?

One could conclude Gallagher is worse.

Reactions: Ski11585

And I don't want to hear Pitt doesn't get enough donations. Who in their right might is going to donate to what we are experiencing?? Pitt has put itself in a position where they will have to fork over the money up front to try and win then wait for the donations. Donations aren't going to come first at this point. No one to blame but yourself Pitt Administration and BOT

Oh, you don't want to hear it, huh? What reality do you want to live in? Obviously not the one where Pitt has exactly the athletic programs that its bottom of the Power 5 athletic revenue would have anyone expect.

Oh, you don't want to hear it, huh? What reality do you want to live in? Obviously not the one where Pitt has exactly the athletic programs that its bottom of the Power 5 athletic revenue would have anyone expect.

If you look at the AD's latest mailer - Miami is just a notch ahead of Pitt in fundraising. Please explain how they are able to field competitive men's bball and football programs on a similar budget (and similar fan support - or lack thereof) ?

Reactions: caleco's
But he gave everyone script fonts and canary yellow uniforms and a new athletic director that said wonderful things!

Yet the new conference money is the same ballpark that every power conference school is receiving, meaning Pitt is still at the bottom of the power 5 athletic revenue pile. Things are just about like anyone with a brain could have predicted, minus blowing up one of the two individual programs which is actually profitable, which by the way, means that financially Pitt is falling even further behind its peers power conference competitors than before.

A university with one of the worst levels public support in the nation, which directly results in the second highest public tuition in the nation, is not going to subsidize athletics to any greater appreciable level. Not happening.

I think the easiest thing to conclude is that there are a lot of f*ing morons on message boards.

You just named the issue. Why isn't Pitt getting that support?? There are a lot of Pitt folks with deep pockets. Pitt isn't doing a good job keeping current students interested and it becomes a trickle down effect when they graduate. FIX THE PROBLEM!! If you are unable to then drop down to MAC Conference!

Why is it that Pitt alumni dont feel the need to fund the athletic programs like schools of similiar size ? Could it be that old saying “ don’t throw good money after bad “ is the reason ? Pitt has shown through its actions that winning isn’t a priority , but horrible decisions are . Why would any sane person buy into the idea that Pitt is trying to be competitive .They don’t need to say it they need to do it !
It all starts with the current students , they need to get them involved and you do that by winning , not by offering a free drink if you can somehow manage to sit through a whole game . Have pre and post game activities and by the way win . These students eventually become your alumni , it’s a long process to build up a substantial loyal alumni following and it has to start somewhere and with someone’s cash . That cash needs to be the universities because no else believes in them to fund a grossly incompetent group of administrators . Prove us wrong and win , the money will improve from the attendance as will donation money . It will be the best investment they can make .

And I don't want to hear Pitt doesn't get enough donations. Who in their right mind is going to donate to what we are experiencing?? Pitt has put itself in a position where they will have to fork over the money up front to try and win then wait for the donations. Donations aren't going to come first at this point. No one to blame but yourself Pitt Administration and BOT

rolls eyes.

Yes, and I dont want to hear it from my wife, damnit I am buying a lamborghini and that beach house in Hawaii. I mean, if I start spending all that money, I will make more money later to pay for it.

This is so dumb. I mean, really, really dumb. I think I am going to stop reading this message board today, you people are just retarded after a loss.

You realize, on the road, against a top 25 team we lost by an overturned td then 2 feet? It is extremely possible last years team would have also lost on the road to VT.

Anyways, the crap "Im not giving until they do something" argument is just ridiculous. Yes, no one go to games, and no one donate! That is a great plan! Just like just pull your kids out of school and dont give them any tools to succeed if they pull an F on their next test. Yeah, would work wonders.

Why is it that Pitt alumni dont feel the need to fund the athletic programs like schools of similiar size ? Could it be that old saying “ don’t throw good money after bad “ is the reason ? Pitt has shown through its actions that winning isn’t a priority , but horrible decisions are . Why would any sane person buy into the idea that Pitt is trying to be competitive .They don’t need to say it they need to do it !
It all starts with the current students , they need to get them involved and you do that by winning , not by offering a free drink if you can somehow manage to sit through a whole game . Have pre and post game activities and by the way win . These students eventually become your alumni , it’s a long process to build up a substantial loyal alumni following and it has to start somewhere and with someone’s cash . That cash needs to be the universities because no else believes in them to fund a grossly incompetent group of administrators . Prove us wrong and win , the money will improve from the attendance as will donation money . It will be the best investment they can make .

Where does this cash from the university come from? Oh, right, the magic money tree. The pile of McScrooge gold coins in the secret vault.

If you look at the AD's latest mailer - Miami is just a notch ahead of Pitt in fundraising. Please explain how they are able to field competitive men's bball and football programs on a similar budget (and similar fan support - or lack thereof) ?
In bb they’re an Addias school !

rolls eyes.

Yes, and I dont want to hear it from my wife, damnit I am buying a lamborghini and that beach house in Hawaii. I mean, if I start spending all that money, I will make more money later to pay for it.

This is so dumb. I mean, really, really dumb. I think I am going to stop reading this message board today, you people are just retarded after a loss.

You realize, on the road, against a top 25 team we lost by an overturned td then 2 feet? It is extremely possible last years team would have also lost on the road to VT.

Anyways, the crap "Im not giving until they do something" argument is just ridiculous. Yes, no one go to games, and no one donate! That is a great plan! Just like just pull your kids out of school and dont give them any tools to succeed if they pull an F on their next test. Yeah, would work wonders.

Exactly, its the same moronic thinking over and over again after every setback. The same ones that thought script fonts with magical powers would fill stadiums and coffers.

Just spend money on things they don't even have a clue what needs to be spent on. Throw imaginary money at it from imaginary places. No consequences to that. Surely that will turn Pitt into Clemson in football and UNC in basketball in no time! No more unsavory losses! No more bad hires. To demonstrate commitment, we should start with million dollar assistant salaries for coaches that don't want to be here and a half billion football stadium on the Cathedral Lawn.

Last edited:
Where does this cash from the university come from? Oh, right, the magic money tree. The pile of McScrooge gold coins in the secret vault.
Borrow it . They have 3.53 billion dollar endowment I think their credit is good for 20/30million don’t you ? They are the 25th richest university according to google .

Paco,

People don't TRUST them. Pitt has little interest in being good in both academics and sports. For sports, no scandals, limited arrests and not being embarrassed, they are fine being mediocre. The last 30 years proves it out.

When the generation that can remember the winning days passes away, Pitt is going to be in a world of hurt because they have killed off a generation of fans. The support is only going to get worse.

Pitt needs to pay attention to how things are going. Their buying customers have spoken, its time they start paying attention.

Paco,

People don't TRUST them. Pitt has little interest in being good in both academics and sports. For sports, no scandals, limited arrests and not being embarrassed, they are fine being mediocre. The last 30 years proves it out.

When the generation that can remember the winning days passes away, Pitt is going to be in a world of hurt because they have killed off a generation of fans. The support is only going to get worse.

Pitt needs to pay attention to how things are going. Their buying customers have spoken, its time they start paying attention.

Yes, they have to show it instead of lip service. I know too many that don't donate and they were big donors for 30 years. They said DONE DISGUSTED, it's a Pitt problem.

Paco,

Their buying customers spoke when they were winning.

You know Miami cheats right? Plus they are in south FL. What kid doesn't want to stare at hot chicks in bikinis all year round?

Exactly, its the same moronic thinking over and over again after every setback. The same ones that thought script fonts with magical powers would fill stadiums and coffers.

Just spend money on things they don't even have a clue what needs to be spent on. Throw imaginary money at it from imaginary places. No consequences to that. Surely that will turn Pitt into Clemson in football and UNC in basketball in no time! No more unsavory losses! No more bad hires. To demonstrate commitment, we should start with million dollar assistant salaries for coaches that don't want to be here and a half billion football stadium on the Cathedral Lawn.
Maybe your really that stupid , I guess just you don’t remember the Johnny Majors or Jackie Sherrill eras of Pitt Fb , or what about the Charles Smith , JLane , B Shorter yrs of Pitt bb . Great coaches and great talent follow the money . JM left to go back home , but Jackie left over a power struggle ($$$) . Had he stayed at Pitt which he would’ve , Pitt would’ve had won at least one more national championship and been national powers for many yrs in Fb if those idiots left the program alone .
Do I think Pitts a hire away from national championships , no but their hires away from respectable competitive teams in both Fb and Bb . They also don’t need an on campus stadium to be successful they need to win games to be successful .
Look at Miami their program sucked they stepped up and hire Mark Richt for 4 million and their on the verge of playing for a national championship . The school didn’t change locations it’s just that now kids want to go play for that coach . They also play at an off campus stadium .
Pitt is the perfect school for you to root for , you expect them never to initiate anything to attempt to change the diection the bb and Fb programs are heading and you make excuses for them . It’s their team it’s their university and if those teams generated millions of dollars in profits it will be their money to spend not mine or yours . But why invest in yourself when you know your not committed to winning .

Reactions: TD_istheman
Football = recruit S Florida. Plus they haven't kicked ass in years.
Basketball is a recent trend there. Bad example.

Paco....that's what decades of bad mgmt does.....fans won't donate to a mismanaged outfit.
Pitt is a great University. A mess in athletics. Why throw good money after bad? Alonzo Webb might be our best coach at this point, w/o a track on campus.

Pitt plays by its own rules, tougher than what's required. Pitt is getting embarrassed now in the national media about Heinz Field. Kinda like the old saying buy cheap get cheap.

Heinz was a horrible decision and the ridicule keeps coming. Only a top notch well-funded program will overcome the negatives.

I think Gallagher is pretty much worthless. Talked a big game at first then disappeared. I understand he doesn't even attend games. What a turd.

Reactions: TD_istheman
I think Gallagher is pretty much worthless. Talked a big game at first then disappeared. I understand he doesn't even attend games. What a turd.

He is academic nerd like Nordy, they could be twins. I was excited when I heard leadership was changing, and I was told by someone , meet your new boss, same as the old boss, the Pitt way

But Pitt doesn't care....why let them off the hook? Hell, they chased off Jock, Jamie & Jackie, hired numbnuts like Hamilton/Bozik/Jaynes/SP & Barnes. It has to be a two-way street.

Pitt cares. They are just hamstrung on what they can do and mistakes aren't as easy to clean up.

As for chasing off Dixon I don't get that. They continually gave him extensions and raises like every year when his name came up for other jobs.

But Pitt doesn't care....why let them off the hook? Hell, they chased off Jock, Jamie & Jackie, hired numbnuts like Hamilton/Bozik/Jaynes/SP & Barnes. It has to be a two-way street.

Chased off Wanny as well, he might have had the best pay for each win in the whole country for a few years.

Reactions: PITTLAW
Pitt cares. They are just hamstrung on what they can do and mistakes aren't as easy to clean up.

As for chasing off Dixon I don't get that. They continually gave him extensions and raises like every year when his name came up for other jobs.
Nonsense......they don't have resources because they haven't had good people in place, and bumbled every opportunity to grow contributions. I've watched this shitshow Since Dave Hart was FB coach.
Barnes screwed with Dixon's budget to push him out. Wanted to be a big effing deal.....all the while interviewing for other jobs. Dixon finally had enough....who wants to work for a dirtbag??

It all starts with the current students , they need to get them involved and you do that by winning , not by offering a free drink if you can somehow manage to sit through a whole game . Have pre and post game activities and by the way win . These students eventually become your alumni , it’s a long process to build up a substantial loyal alumni following and it has to start somewhere and with someone’s cash .

Exactly. Are these people retarded? Have a pep rally before each game at the Pete... provide food and drinks... then bus them down to Heinz Field and have another tailgate party for them... free food and drinks. Not some BS 'free bag of chips' thing but a real tailgate where you have grills going. Make it something they want to do. Holy crap... this isn't that hard.

Pitt is suffering from many cycles that begin to build momentum then, through mismanagement, lack of resources, or interference, end badly. There are many of us like NTOP who have been around since the 1960s and just grew skeptical. It's difficult to open up the checkbook when you wonder how the money will be spent and asking are we building for the long term success of the program?

The two best teams Pitt has fielded since the 1990s were in 2002 and 2009. These teams finished ranked and won bowl games. We ran off the coaches.
Just fired AD Jeff Long was insulted by Harris' agent, hired Wannstedt, and we spend three years getting bowl eligible. Wannstedt did eventually produce then we ran him off.

The fan frustration has been building for a while. Distrust ensues when an AD like Barnes flies in and flies out, leaving a horrendous Pitt hoops program in his wake.

What is TCU giving Dixon that we did not? There's a good story right there.

Reactions: Mikefln and Pav9870
Nonsense......they don't have resources because they haven't had good people in place, and bumbled every opportunity to grow contributions. I've watched this shitshow Since Dave Hart was FB coach.
Barnes screwed with Dixon's budget to push him out. Wanted to be a big effing deal.....all the while interviewing for other jobs. Dixon finally had enough....who wants to work for a dirtbag??

Sure

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT