ADVERTISEMENT

Chick Fil-A Drive Thru

Dude, I’m driving down 51 in morning, one hand on my phone reading pantherlair, the other holding a coffee, steering with my knee, still half drunk from the night before and boom, I got to jam on the brakes cause of the dunk in donuts drive thru lane.

That’s unsafe on their part.

Just hope you didn't spill your coffee!

there is a crappy little dunkin donuts on 51 down past brentwood i guess that would be. in mornings, the line in the drive thru actually goes out on the road and often times is blocking one of the two lanes during morning rush hour.

pisses me off too but i kind of like there coffee but i wont go to that rinky dink location. smf brings up a valid point. at what point do some of these locations start being held accountable for blocking traffic. the CFA down in mt. lebo gets all congested too right on Washington rd (rt. 19).
You cannot block traffic on a main road OR block people to get into other businesses. The quick easy solution, right now, is to charge CFA for the town to provide a traffic control cop to its establishment. Things are completely out of control over there. They cannot continue to operate out of Wendy's sized lots and have Disney World traffic coming through.

You cannot block traffic on a main road OR block people to get into other businesses. The quick easy solution, right now, is to charge CFA for the town to provide a traffic control cop to its establishment. Things are completely out of control over there. They cannot continue to operate out of Wendy's sized lots and have Disney World traffic coming through.
A hot water bag on your tummy until the Midol starts working??

My issue with CFA isn't the drive through, it's that they've ended curbside and even dining room service at many locations. So your only option is now the drive through. I assume this is because of staffing issues.

If you want to wait in a 30 car line with a bunch of lifted Ford Raptors, be my guest, but I want the opportunity to walk into an establishment and get my fast food within 10 minutes instead of doing this constant conveyor belt nonsense with huge vehicles around me.

My issue with CFA isn't the drive through, it's that they've ended curbside and even dining room service at many locations. So your only option is now the drive through. I assume this is because of staffing issues.

If you want to wait in a 30 car line with a bunch of lifted Ford Raptors, be my guest, but I want the opportunity to walk into an establishment and get my fast food within 10 minutes instead of doing this constant conveyor belt nonsense with huge vehicles around me.

Ford Raptors? Once the Dem money give away to avoid working and secure a vote goes away people will re enter the work force.

Reactions: Hardslider21
Ford Raptors? Once the Dem money give away to avoid working and secure a vote goes away people will re enter the work force.

This is what you guys say but I waited in line for 25 minutes at BK this week. The lady apologized and said it was her 3rd night in a row with only her and 1 other person. Fast food wages are too low and people have all these gig options that didn't exist 5 or 10 years ago. You simply arent going to get 30-40 people apply at that BK in the next few months because their unemployment benefits ended. You are never going to see pre-Covid fast food staffing again unless wages are increased.

Not really. I am saying they are Alabama (or well....actually Georgia works better here) playing mid-majors. Its no contest. McD/Wendy's/BK, etc have a to fight a half century worth of negativity (their own fault). Chick Fil A came along and just does really good chicken. Its not a comparison. Chick Fil A is #1 sure but my goal wouldn't be just to beat McDonald's, it would be to generate as much revenue as possible. When you need air traffic controllers in your parking lots, that's a sign that maybe you need more locations or your food is too cheap
Goofy. Raise prices, lose buyers.......you're a world-renowned cheapskate. They add locations and get the same reaction. Are you still suggesting that they double their footprint to please cranky dudes who don't want to miss a second of Jeopardy.

Reactions: WannyandWalt
This is what you guys say but I waited in line for 25 minutes at BK this week. The lady apologized and said it was her 3rd night in a row with only her and 1 other person. Fast food wages are too low and people have all these gig options that didn't exist 5 or 10 years ago. You simply arent going to get 30-40 people apply at that BK in the next few months because their unemployment benefits ended. You are never going to see pre-Covid fast food staffing again unless wages are increased.
And the goobers staying home to get vote bribes are blameless??

I have never wanted longer than 10 minutes at a CFA drove through since before the pandemic. They really crush it with the speed and efficiency.

Santa Barbara, CA may declare their CFA a public nuisance. Good for them.

CFA has to either have to raise prices to make a profit off of fewer customers or build new locations on like Wal-Mart sized lots. Their tiny lots, the size of Wendy's or McDonald's can't handle the traffic.

CFA has to either have to raise prices to make a profit off of fewer customers or build new locations on like Wal-Mart sized lots. Their tiny lots, the size of Wendy's or McDonald's can't handle the traffic.

images

i truly hate to side with SMF but he has a point. Chick Fil A's are always ridiculously busy and the ones i've seen monopolize the lots, surrounding lots and sometimes the main road.. there is one in the south hills, bethel/lebo area and their lot is filled/designated spaces and they take over a big portion of the other parking lot with businesses.

im surprised the other businesses dont complain more. I mean, they have a bigger volume than they can handle. must be a nice problem..

Let's be real, if they were flying a rainbow flag, open Sundays and Christmas Day yet close for Ramadan, Santa Barbara would likely forgo local taxes.

Let's be real, if they were flying a rainbow flag, open Sundays and Christmas Day yet close for Ramadan, Santa Barbara would likely forgo local taxes.
lol, of course. you can shoot herione while squatting on a sidewalk while defacating on a street in california after robbing a target and not be considered a public nuisance.

i truly hate to side with SMF but he has a point. Chick Fil A's are always ridiculously busy and the ones i've seen monopolize the lots, surrounding lots and sometimes the main road.. there is one in the south hills, bethel/lebo area and their lot is filled/designated spaces and they take over a big portion of the other parking lot with businesses.

im surprised the other businesses dont complain more. I mean, they have a bigger volume than they can handle. must be a nice problem..
That one is the worst. Their lot is about the size of a convenience store. I almost knick my car up, wedging my way out of there. I believe city ordinances should be put in that do not allow CFA's on such small lots.

Great, punish the best . In the land of fruits and nuts.....the Marxist Nirvana.

If you read the whole article santa barbara has brought this on themselves by outlawing drive thru's for the past 40 years. The Chik fil a site was grandfathered in becuase it was an old burger king. Chik fil a cant open another location with drive thru's.

Reactions: Atlanta Panther
That one is the worst. Their lot is about the size of a convenience store. I almost knick my car up, wedging my way out of there. I believe city ordinances should be put in that do not allow CFA's on such small lots.
Sounds like Nutting crying :Break up the Cardinals. Losers complaining about their precious little asses having to wait in line. Probably get Sonic takeout for Sunday dinner.

The one in west mifflin down by the old century 3 isn’t bad. The lot is bigger though and down by the road 885, away from the other stores.

There is a Duncan donuts on 51. Real small lot. In mornings, the drive Thur line extends out onto 51. If you aren’t paying attention, kinda easy to rear ended a car.

Do Arbys have drive thrus?

This thread caused enough curiosity in me that I had to give it a try, my only previous experience with a drive thru being as a passenger/hostage. Now that I have tasted both the joy and agony of a Chick Fil A drive thru I feel that I want to broaden my knowledge of culinary delivery systems. Since I don't want to make a political statement, and because I like Horsey Sauce, I have set my sights on Arbys.

Do Arbys have drive thrus?

This thread caused enough curiosity in me that I had to give it a try, my only previous experience with a drive thru being as a passenger/hostage. Now that I have tasted both the joy and agony of a Chick Fil A drive thru I feel that I want to broaden my knowledge of culinary delivery systems. Since I don't want to make a political statement, and because I like Horsey Sauce, I have set my sights on Arbys.
what's weird is arbys has the best fast food yet i havent actually ever seen anyone inside an arbys or in the drive thru, ever. drive by an arbys and im 95% confident that you'll see no one in drive thru and maybe 2 cars in the parking lot, both belonging to employees..

no clue how they stay in business. they are like a Rax with better commercials.

what's weird is arbys has the best fast food yet i havent actually ever seen anyone inside an arbys or in the drive thru, ever. drive by an arbys and im 95% confident that you'll see no one in drive thru and maybe 2 cars in the parking lot, both belonging to employees..

no clue how they stay in business. they are like a Rax with better commercials.
You know there are a few Rax's in Central Ohio? I was out that way and went to one. It was the junkiest fast food place I've ever been to.

As for Arby's, yea their food is really good but they dont have any employees. Usually just like 1 person in the drive thru and 1 person working and people arent waiting 30 minutes in life for that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT