ADVERTISEMENT

Coulibaly in transfer portal now

How could anyone even dream about Wahab! He’s gonna pick any of 350 schools this time around. Can go literally anywhere. UVA, Duke or some other program guaranteed to go to NCAA next year will land him.
Maybe his priorities are different than that?

Here is Xavier Johnson leading this team and what I think of him and how he acts.

His leadership was a joke. Then again you thought Trey Mcgowens was a superstar.

Nobody ever said McGowens was a superstar. The positive comments for him simply stated that Pitt was better off with him. I’m not even sure that’s true with hindsight but that was the extent of anyone who was in favor of him.

How could anyone even dream about Wahab! He’s gonna pick any of 350 schools this time around. Can go literally anywhere. UVA, Duke or some other program guaranteed to go to NCAA next year will land him.
The bball rain cloud is back. Way to go out on a limb Captain Obvious.

I would LOVE for Pitt to get someone like them or Reid, etc just because your smug pessimism rubs me the wrong way sometimes...

but sadly we don’t ever seem to land them... so you’ve been right
You spelled *living in reality* incorrectly. They simply don’t have anything to sell like they did 2 years ago with a young core that looked to be the future. Now all anyone sees is transfers and losses. Need to shake things up somewhere to change the perception.

Reactions: Pitt Transfer U
Perhaps you should care. Because when Johnson's usage rate was really high, his turnover numbers generally were through the roof. And that wasn't a 1 year trend. That was a 3 year trend. And, we lost.

Poor leadership and sporadic play at the point guard position was a big reason for this teams problems. I won't even get started on Johnson being a technical foul machine.

So a guy who typically turns the ball over a lot, turns it over more when his usage increases. Wow, that's shocking insight.

You are the selective stat guy who lives in a vacuum, then quickly pivots to some strawman in an effort to justify some other irrelevant point.

So a guy who typically turns the ball over a lot, turns it over more when his usage increases. Wow, that's shocking insight.

You are the selective stat guy who lives in a vacuum, then quickly pivots to some strawman in an effort to justify some other irrelevant point.

There is nothing strawman about a player that has been near the top of the entire league in turnover rate not 1, not 2, but the last 3 years in the ACC.

the "it happens everywhere argument" is not an argument. its a method of acceptance to what is going on in our program. "nothing to see here" is how we end up winless of the acc. tell me why pitts players are tranferring instead of "they just are".

does every team on that list have an incoming class of zero?

Accepting it is not the purpose. The point is that it's a much bigger problem beyond Pitt. Too many people live in the vacuum of their favorite team and don't look at the entire landscape. Other schools are in the midst of trying to rebuild their rosters as well. Coaches need to take responsibility, but the players do as well.

If your boss tells you what to do and you fail to do it, is it just the boss at fault for failure? What if you're too busy getting in petty fights with co-workers about girls, not playing as a team member, not happy at your work, undermining your boss and then you finally leave, is that your fault or your bosses, Or both? I say both... Too many people want to blame others these days....

I willing to hold my criticism of Capel until I see how the roster shapes up and how next season unfolds before I pas final judgement.

Reactions: BPKY and gary2
Accepting it is not the purpose. The point is that it's a much bigger problem beyond Pitt. Too many people live in the vacuum of their favorite team and don't look at the entire landscape. Other schools are in the midst of trying to rebuild their rosters as well. Coaches need to take responsibility, but the players do as well.

If your boss tells you what to do and you fail to do it, is it just the boss at fault for failure? What if you're too busy getting in petty fights with co-workers about girls, not playing as a team member, not happy at your work, undermining your boss and then you finally leave, is that your fault or your bosses, Or both? I say both... Too many people want to blame others these days....

I willing to hold my criticism of Capel until I see how the roster shapes up and how next season unfolds before I pas final judgement.

too many people want to blame others these days? isnt that basically what you are doing with capel? he gets to blame the transfer rule not the fact that we had 2 starters not even want to finish out the season who transferred NOT because of opportunity or playing time but because of environment? akc being a third?
there is nothing in his history that shows this isnt on him regardless of the state of cbb. in fact he had the same thing happen to him at ou when this transfer thing wasnt even an issue.

Capel is proving to be stallings 2.0 but for different reasons. somehow someway no one wants to hold him accountable but stallings 100% was?

ummmm okay...

too many people want to blame others these days? isnt that basically what you are doing with capel? he gets to blame the transfer rule not the fact that we had 2 starters not even want to finish out the season who transferred NOT because of opportunity or playing time but because of environment? akc being a third?
there is nothing in his history that shows this isnt on him regardless of the state of cbb. in fact he had the same thing happen to him at ou when this transfer thing wasnt even an issue.

Capel is proving to be stallings 2.0 but for different reasons. somehow someway no one wants to hold him accountable but stallings 100% was?

ummmm okay...
Ummmm...Wonder how much thought went into his attire as he prepared to be “raked” by the media?

Reactions: WeaverIsComing
Everyone‘s job performance should be subject to criticism regardless of race, religion or gender.

People should face those criticisms head on and not wrap themselves in the protective armor of any perceived protections they think their race, religion or gender should provide.

ummmm okay...

You are mixing apples with oranges and you left a few things out. Players left in mid-season because they had nothing to play for and the atmosphere around the players bickering and fighting.

Has Capel failed as a head coach so far? Yes. Am I ready to pass judgement? No. I’ll give him some slack.

I never said Stallings was 100% to blame. Stallings is responsible, but again the players are as well. How much is he to be blamed is left to one’s opinion.

Players that left under Stallings had to sit out a year, or left as a grad transfer. It makes it tougher to leave, but they did so anyway

Capel’s situation is much different. Players can leave without a degree or having to sit out a year. They just leave. Much easier.

My UConn buddy just messaged me saying we’ve reached out on Josh Carlton who is a grad transfer. The quick scouting report I got is that he is a big body that rebounds well and can chip in offensively in spurts. He didn’t have much insight into where he may be looking, but if we’re going to go Big by Committee, he’d be a good pickup

My UConn buddy just messaged me saying we’ve reached out on Josh Carlton who is a grad transfer. The quick scouting report I got is that he is a big body that rebounds well and can chip in offensively in spurts. He didn’t have much insight into where he may be looking, but if we’re going to go Big by Committee, he’d be a good pickup
He’d be a solid rotational big. Originally from coastal NC so the Capel connection might be there. Probably a little more natural (willing?) fit at the five versus Coulibaly.

At this point they at least need a big body or two that can play some minutes. Plenty of spots to add anyone of higher pedigree they can drag in later.

He’d be a solid rotational big. Originally from coastal NC so the Capel connection might be there. Probably a little more natural (willing?) fit at the five versus Coulibaly.

Yes, it seems as if he’s more of a true 5. Seems as if he got lost in the mix up there as Hurley brought in more talent, but he was most improved in the AAC at one point so you’re at least talking about a player with a bit of pedigree. Bigs are a tough commodity to come by and I doubt we’re going to be in the market for a guy like Wahab, so this looks like a reasonable target that could be a fit.

I wish the young man luck and thank him for his time here.

Now that said - if we are going to be the program we think we should be, players at that level shouldn’t be major contributors anyway

Pitt and Louisville are both recruiting West and looking at his younger brother. They are solid, decent players. Good additions.

But Ill take NY talent over both of them, with no disrespect to either.

I also want Tyson Commander among others, the 0 star from Maryland.

Femi will never lead the ACC in assists and by the time he is a junior people will be saying addition by subtraction like every other transfer we have.

I never said those words for Toney or for AKC. And even though AKC is easier to replace, we currently have nothing at Center.

I could care less about the trio of X, Mcgowens, or Murphy.

Odukale is recruiting NY and Northeast talent. Real talent.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Perhaps you should care. Because when Johnson's usage rate was really high, his turnover numbers generally were through the roof. And that wasn't a 1 year trend. That was a 3 year trend. And, we lost.

Poor leadership and sporadic play at the point guard position was a big reason for this teams problems. I won't even get started on Johnson being a technical foul machine.
I never needed all these fancy stats to tell me X wasn't a good point guard

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT