ADVERTISEMENT

Cuse game thread

I don’t remember when I said it but, it was a couple weeks ago, once the kid gets a full year in the weight room, a full year of the training table and a full year of practice he will be very good.
He’s been in elite S&C programming for 2 years. How much more more weight you guys expecting them to put on?

He’s been in elite S&C programming for 2 years. How much more more weight you guys expecting them to put on?
One is listed at 205 pounds and the other at 195 pounds. I don’t think it is outlandish to say they need to be about 230 pounds so they can bring some more strength. I’m not saying they need to be 270 pounds but, they do need to be a bit bigger.

One is listed at 205 pounds and the other at 195 pounds. I don’t think it is outlandish to say they need to be about 230 pounds so they can bring some more strength. I’m not saying they need to be 270 pounds but, they do need to be a bit bigger.
230 lbs on those two kids would look ridiculous. I think about 215 is their sweet spot to maintain what they can bring uniquely on offense and defense.

You’re talking about almost 40 lbs for the one. That’s a ton of freaking weight. Hell my goal of 215 is a ton of weight for the one.

230 lbs on those two kids would look ridiculous. I think about 215 is their sweet spot to maintain what they can bring uniquely on offense and defense.

You’re talking about almost 40 lbs for the one. That’s a ton of freaking weight. Hell my goal of 215 is a ton of weight for the one.
Kareem: 7’2”, 225
Wilt: 7’1”, 275
Ewing: 7’, 255
Hakeem: 7’, 255
Durant: 6’10”, 240

I don’t think 225-230 is too much weight.

We will just have to agree to disagree.

You’re comparing all time great players gradually gaining weight over the course of their careers (KD was about 195 until he was 25) because they had to to extend their careers to gaining 40 lbs in one year?

Pau Gasol started his career in America at 220 lb and gradually got to 250 by the end of his career. He was 21 and 220 lbs and could move, jump etc. by the time he got to 250 and the end of his career he was mostly just a hugely skilled big. A similar trajectory for the Center twin should be expected.

You’re comparing all time great players gradually gaining weight over the course of their careers (KD was about 195 until he was 25) because they had to to extend their careers to gaining 40 lbs in one year?
I think training and nutrition are much much better than they were in 1981, let alone the 50s & 60s when Wilt and Kareem were kids.

I think we will just have to, like I said, agree to disagree. I don’t think 225-230 is too heavy. You do. We disagree.

Perhaps I was unclear but, when I said the one year of weights, the one year of training table and a full year of practice. I wasn’t saying they should gain all that weight in just one year.

Before they leave Pitt I think they should be about 220. And for 6’11” & 7’, that is not too big.

I think training and nutrition are much much better than they were in 1981, let alone the 50s & 60s when Wilt and Kareem were kids.

I think we will just have to, like I said, agree to disagree. I don’t think 225-230 is too heavy. You do. We disagree.

Perhaps I was unclear but, when I said the one year of weights, the one year of training table and a full year of practice. I wasn’t saying they should gain all that weight in just one year.

Before they leave Pitt I think they should be about 220. And for 6’11” & 7’, that is not too big.
Yeah 220 by the time they’re 23 is fine. 230 you’re getting into hulk territory

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT