ADVERTISEMENT

Devin Carney

TheSpecialSauce

Chancellor
Gold Member
Nov 15, 2019
He is putting up big numbers right now. I have not seen him play. Is he capable of playing at this level in a year or two?

I'm going to guess that Nelly Cummings from Colgate/Lincoln Park transfers here. He should have his Colgate degree in the spring and not that the grad transfer thing matters anymore but at that point being that he will have graduated, I'd think he'd want to play 2 years at home in the ACC. He's averaging 13 in the Patriot League so he wouldn't be a big get but this is the level of transfer I think we can get.

I'm going to guess that Nelly Cummings from Colgate/Lincoln Park transfers here. He should have his Colgate degree in the spring and not that the grad transfer thing matters anymore but at that point being that he will have graduated, I'd think he'd want to play 2 years at home in the ACC. He's averaging 13 in the Patriot League so he wouldn't be a big get but this is the level of transfer I think we can get.
Ok

Reactions: pittjas
I could see that happening.

Also whats going on with the Carmody kid at ND. Did he have a career-ending injury or something? He's never really played. Could he transfer back? While we're in it, Puff might be in over his head at UNC

Also whats going on with the Carmody kid at ND. Did he have a career-ending injury or something? He's never really played. Could he transfer back? While we're in it, Puff might be in over his head at UNC
Injuries galore. Interesting tidbit about him. His brother will be a FR on their football team and Rob is technically a Jr. But injuries probably will get him a medical redshirt and with this year not counting plus he redshirted so he could possibly graduate with his brother.

And no Carney is not a high or mid major player. Great HS player and shooter but too small and slow,

Carmody is either the unluckiest or most injury prone kid in college basketball, as his list of serious injuries is frankly unreal. First a season-ending labrum tear in his shoulder in December of his freshman year that required surgery. He tore his ACL in December of his sophomore season, which needed surgery as well. Then somehow, in September of this school year, he fractures his kneecap - which, of course, also required surgical repair.

I’m confused. Puff can’t play at UNC, a team in our conference, who is just ok. They played 14 players the other night and none of them were him. Yet you think the magic dragon is gonna be some sort of major piece for us?

No. Nothing against the kid, but this is against WPIAL basketball. Look at Ethan Morton. What is he doing at Purdue? Carmody has been oft injured. But there is such a huge separation between WPIAL BB and P6 level basketball. Unless a kid has a really unique skill set (yes Micah Mason could have helped Pitt) like the aforementioned Mason who is one of top 3 point shooters in NCAA history, just because a kid is a scorer, doesn't mean it translates.

Reactions: RandyReutershan
I’m confused. Puff can’t play at UNC, a team in our conference, who is just ok. They played 14 players the other night and none of them were him. Yet you think the magic dragon is gonna be some sort of major piece for us?

None of our freshmen would see the court for UNC either. He'll probably stick it out and UNC and be a 5 year player/late developer like his brother

i've seen him play, probably 30 games. very complete player; Natural scorer-creative. Not bigger than 5' 10"
would be a great ecac, Patriot or Ivy league player

No. Nothing against the kid, but this is against WPIAL basketball. Look at Ethan Morton. What is he doing at Purdue? Carmody has been oft injured. But there is such a huge separation between WPIAL BB and P6 level basketball. Unless a kid has a really unique skill set (yes Micah Mason could have helped Pitt) like the aforementioned Mason who is one of top 3 point shooters in NCAA history, just because a kid is a scorer, doesn't mean it translates.
Morton will be more than fine. He was quarantined for a couple of weeks due to Covid and then had Mono. One of those could derail a FR season (especially since there were no off season workouts).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT