ADVERTISEMENT

Did anyone see the Wake-UVA finish?

JD1976

Athletic Director
Jan 23, 2005
Wake was up 7 with :35 or so seconds left and UVA hit 3 threes and got some help from Wake missing FTs to steal it. Not sure if that was a good comeback or brutal meltdown.

Wake was up 7 with :35 or so seconds left and UVA hit 3 threes and got some help from Wake missing FTs to steal it. Not sure if that was a good comeback or brutal meltdown.
brutal doesn't describe the meltdown, I think WF missed 5 of their last 6 foul shots

brutal doesn't describe the meltdown, I think WF missed 5 of their last 6 foul shots

They indeed missed 5 of their last 6.... but were 7 for 14.... just 50%... in the last 1:05.

The big thing though was UVA hitting 3 3balls in the last 17 seconds... the last one, with no time left, a bank shot (!).

UVA has been taking it on the chin on the road this year. This time they escaped with a miracle.

Nonsense. WF lost for some other reason.... Missing FTs is too minor of an item to affect the outcome of a game like that.

(sarcasm)

Nonsense. WF lost for some other reason.... Missing FTs is too minor of an item to affect the outcome of a game like that.

(sarcasm)
I am glad that was sarcasm, otherwise you would look silly for still not understanding the discussion.

Of course FTs killed them this game, and they are a bad FT shooting team. Like anything, any aspect of a teams game can kill you in any given game. Just don't come back when a team loses by one and shot 12-16 and say it was FTs, especially if it's Pitt when we lead the ACC in FT%.

Last edited:

(sarcasm)

I would have been disappointed if you did not post this. ;)

I would have been disappointed if you did not post this. ;)

They had a steal and threw it right back - later their big had the ball ahead of the pack and did not look to give it up to a guard

I do not know how good their coach is and I do not know that the end of the game was his fault but - It sure looks bad

Yet another one of those situations, where with the score and time remaining a coach will not order a foul, but might not be unhappy seeing his team commit one.

Last edited:
Look... missing FTs is bad for sure but... a BANK SHOT THREE with no time remaining.... now that is just BAD LUCK.

Or, in the case of UVA.... REALLY LUCKY.

Look... missing FTs is bad for sure but... a BANK SHOT THREE with no time remaining.... now that is just BAD LUCK.

Or, in the case of UVA.... REALLY LUCKY.
That is incredibly lucky on UVA's part. But if you can't make more than 1 out of 6 free throws down the stretch, you have no business winning that game. Wake Forest got what they deserved.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT