ADVERTISEMENT

Duke At Pitt 9PM

Dointhatrag

Sophomore
Sep 3, 2017
Who you got in this one? Chance for the Panthers to gain a much needed quad 1 win. Duke coming off a closer than expected 8 point win at Notre Dame. This was their first road victory of the year. They have also lost to Ga Tech and Arkansas on the road this year.

The key will be for Pitt to not shoot like crap and to limit the impact of filipowski, who leads Duke in both points, rebounds and blocks. We have enough big guys to help distribute fouls a bit. Last year the twins were far too weak to put up much of a fight, not sure if they have gained that much strength.

Hopefully the improved shooting last game against an admittedly bad team will carry over tonight.

Here comes Duke and their legions of fans who couldn’t find North Carolina with Siri.
Because of this I don't mind the rain and 9 pm start. Maybe they are tired at work today from staying up to watch the football game and want to go to bed early tonight. But then again, how many of them have jobs?

Reactions: Teeps91
Who you got in this one? Chance for the Panthers to gain a much needed quad 1 win. Duke coming off a closer than expected 8 point win at Notre Dame. This was their first road victory of the year. They have also lost to Ga Tech and Arkansas on the road this year.

The key will be for Pitt to not shoot like crap and to limit the impact of filipowski, who leads Duke in both points, rebounds and blocks. We have enough big guys to help distribute fouls a bit. Last year the twins were far too weak to put up much of a fight, not sure if they have gained that much strength.

Hopefully the improved shooting last game against an admittedly bad team will carry over tonight.

Duke 79
Pitt 68

The logical me says Duke double digits. I just have an odd feeling though that Pitt pulls it together. They don’t have that quad four loss. I think they have improved versus Mizz. They aren’t an awful team and certainly capable of the upset. I would not be shocked if they win tonight. They need it more than Duke. If they can limit nerves, they have a shot. They are due for a good night from 3 as well.

The logical me says Duke double digits. I just have an odd feeling though that Pitt pulls it together. They don’t have that quad four loss. I think they have improved versus Mizz. They aren’t an awful team and certainly capable of the upset. I would not be shocked if they win tonight. They need it more than Duke. If they can limit nerves, they have a shot. They are due for a good night from 3 as well.

I don't think anyone would be shocked if Pitt won but I cant see us rebounding well enough. Have to have on of those 13-24 nights from 3 and hope Duke is cold. The only chance, really, is to light it up from 3. Filipowski already has 18 points and 12 boards and the game hasnt even started.

If we were to win these next 2, we'd probably be around that "Next Four Out" so it puts us in position

Last edited:
Wake is in and Virginia out as of this morning per Lunardi. But if you look at net and q1/2 a win tonight would basically equal Virginia and put Pitt right there resume wise. Very similar q1/2 and 3/4 right now.

Wake is in and Virginia out as of this morning per Lunardi. But if you look at net and q1/2 a win tonight would basically equal Virginia and put Pitt right there resume wise. Very similar q1/2 and 3/4 right now.

Yea. 4 right now. Duke, UNC, Clem, Wake. Wake played themselves in with home wins vs VT and Miami.

Miami and UVa have a chance.

Pitt, Syr, VT, NC St have work to do

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT