ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD - Pitt vs FSU .......

Mike Young has been our LVP the entire game, at both ends.

My god, it is like he's never played basketball before.

We can't beat ANYBODY when he plays like this.

Half to stay zone right now because of foul issues.

Hope to ride out the half and finish within 5 or 6. Then you can change up defenses in the second half.
Agree. That needs to be the strategy. Try to survive in the zone then get out of it as soon as the second half starts. Unfortunately they have to stay in zone right now. Otherwise after watching this, I hope I never hear about a zone defense again.

Young does win the School Spirit award for shaving "H2P" into his head

he is not a 5 and yet that's where he's playing

He wasn't playing there in the zone when he looked like he had no idea what he was doing. He wasn't playing there coming out of the timeout when he completely lost his guy in the man to man.

His problems today have nothing at all to do with whether he is playing the four or the five.

critical juncture. need to stay within 10 before the half.....otherwise these guys are done

Young simply needs to be on the bench, at least for this last 1:30 of the half.

Mike Young has been our LVP the entire game, at both ends.

My god, it is like he's never played basketball before.

We can't beat ANYBODY when he plays like this.

It's almost bizarre how bad he's playing. Looks like he has the flu or something.

Disagree. He has missed every shot, missed a foul shot, can't create anything, can't shoot. Not sure what game you are watching.

He's 3-for-4 at the FT line.... has 1 turnover... and has been finding the right guy on offense almost every possession. Not his fault that when he finds the guy (usually Artis or Young) they do nothing with it. And he's 0-for-2 shooting from the field - not like he's fire up a bunch.

He's 3-for-4 at the FT line.... has 1 turnover... and has been finding the right guy on offense almost every possession. Not his fault that when he finds the guy (usually Artis or Young) they do nothing with it. And he's 0-for-2 shooting from the field - not like he's fire up a bunch.
Well we can agree to disagree. I think he has been terrible.

He wasn't playing there in the zone when he looked like he had no idea what he was doing. He wasn't playing there coming out of the timeout when he completely lost his guy in the man to man.

His problems today have nothing at all to do with whether he is playing the four or the five.
Joe, I was referring to where he was stationed in offense; he just moved away from the basket and scored!

Almost as bad a half as NCST and still within 10......if Artis and Young show up in the second half they can win this thing JD has his work cut out with these guys.........they are their own worst enemy........

Almost as bad a half as NCST and still within 10......if Artis and Young show up in the second half they can win this thing JD has his work cut out with these guys.........they are their own worst enemy........
FSU 57% and PItt 33 % and only down by 10..............question is can they get their collective heads out of their behinds and show up for the second half.......Third disappointing and listless performance in a week This team is in danger of tanking the rest of the season as there is no leadership

Reactions: PittPoker
Sad. Two straight games we can't keep an opponent under 40 in the first half. As bad as we're playing, Pitt a few years ago would've had a double digit lead if they scored 33 in the first half.

Maybe Young is having issues with Dixon and just not motivated to play. Who knows but something is up.
That may be the most ridiculous thing you've ever posted, and that says a lot.

Almost every offense possession runs through Young, he plays 30 minutes a game. There's absolutely NOTHING to indicate that he would be having "issues with Dixon".

Just because *YOU* have issues with Dixon doesn't mean anybody on the team does, especially a starter who is getting way more minutes than he deserves right now.

You're seeing the game through shit-colored glasses.... That's why you think any missed shot by JRob means he "sucks" and every bad play by Young means he hates Dixon as much as you do.

Grow a freaking brain.

Reactions: KiwiJeff
We can post on here all we want, but without Jeter, and with Mike Young playing this way we won't beat any ACC teams outside the Pete, other than maybe BC. With even an average Mike young half this game is close

Reactions: freddietee511
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT