ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD - Pitt vs FSU .......

It's almost bizarre how bad he's playing. Looks like he has the flu or something.

No matter what the reason, Young played so poorly that I'm not sure why he wasn't on the bench late in the half ? .... he really hurt the team.

You rag on him for missing a free throw. He's 3-4. When you complain about that you seem psychotic obsessed with him
HE IS HORRIBLE. HE CAN'T MAKE A SHOT. STOP RAGGING ON MY OPINIONS AND RAG ON THE FACT THAT PITT IS JUST NOT A GOOD TEAM. WE STINK.

Well we can agree to disagree. I think he has been terrible.
You have nothing objective to base that on.

He has 4 assists and 1 turnover
0-for-2 shooting from the field
3-for-4 shooting from the FT line

It's not great.... but the only way to call it "terrible" is if you have an agenda. Which you CLEARLY do. You don't even understand what you're watching.

Reactions: KiwiJeff
First time in a long time I almost have no interest in watching the rest of a game. Very disappointing to see how far we've fallen defensively.

Reactions: sherepower
Are we the most poorly conditioned team in America? Why else won't Jamie leave our starters in for more than 5 minutes?
I've been saying this for some time. Not just cardio but the physical ability to finish at the rim and lower body strength to carve out space and hold their ground when rebounding has just disappeared. I think it has been a glaring weakness for several years now. Tim Beltz and Patrick Taylor are running the basketball team's strength & conditioning program right now (beltz has been there for years). I'm not sure if its the staff or the players commitment?

Reactions: rockypanther
It's funny, 10 points is probably better than we deserve given young and our defense. Duke had a back against the wall second half against NC State, although they had lost three in a row. We could really use a strong first 4 minutes. Get it to 5 or 6 with 10 minutes left

That may be the most ridiculous thing you've ever posted, and that says a lot.

Almost every offense possession runs through Young, he plays 30 minutes a game. There's absolutely NOTHING to indicate that he would be having "issues with Dixon".

Just because *YOU* have issues with Dixon doesn't mean anybody on the team does, especially a starter who is getting way more minutes than he deserves right now.

You're seeing the game through shit-colored glasses.... That's why you think any missed shot by JRob means he "sucks" and every bad play by Young means he hates Dixon as much as you do.

Grow a freaking brain.
Considering you are claiming Robinson is playing "fine" shows you think the guy can do no wrong.

He is a senior point guard who CANNOT SHOOT!!! Can you get that through your thick skull? The team is awful, we are overmatched in this league. Recruiting has been horrible and it's Jamie's fault.

Reactions: The Sisco Kid
The #1 reason we're losing is Young.

The #2 reason we're losing in Artis

The #3 reason we're losing is *SO* far behind reasons 1 and 2 that it isn't even worth mentioning.

We can't win when Young and Artis play like shit. And they've both played like shit for two weeks.

Reactions: PITTsburghFAN
You think if we signed Dixon to another 10 years tonight, he would give us a home town discount ? Pirates would definitely be pleased

Reactions: PittPoker
Considering you are claiming Robinson is playing "fine" shows you think the guy can do no wrong.

He is a senior point guard who CANNOT SHOOT!!! Can you get that through your thick skull? The team is awful, we are overmatched in this league. Recruiting has been horrible and it's Jamie's fault.

"fine" is not "can do no wrong". His play is a distant 3rd or 4th among the reason we're losing today.

Your quote that Young might be "having a problem with Dixon" may be the dumbest thing anybody has ever said on this board..... and I mean ANYBODY, including Phil.

Reactions: KiwiJeff
The defense this Pitt team plays is mostly non-existent. As soon as the opponent gets the ball, just give them the basket. All our defense does is delay the inevitable for a few seconds. Yes, Young is a no show. And if it weren't for Smith, we'd be down close to 20 at the half. But poor defense is the reason we're losing this game. Good defense opens up the shots on offense and easy transition baskets. We're getting none of that today or against NC State.

Reactions: Pittx9
Agree. Just ridiculous Young was still on the court. The notion to just throw all guards on the court was actually reasonable when the alternative was Young turning the ball over every time he goes near it. He clearly needed some time to calm down and maybe focus. He totally played them out of the game in the first half. Hopefully he steps it up big time after the break.

You have nothing objective to base that on.

He has 4 assists and 1 turnover
0-for-2 shooting from the field
3-for-4 shooting from the FT line

It's not great.... but the only way to call it "terrible" is if you have an agenda. Which you CLEARLY do. You don't even understand what you're watching.
Wow, just wow.

I've been saying this for some time. Not just cardio but the physical ability to finish at the rim and lower body strength to carve out space and hold their ground when rebounding has just disappeared. I think it has been a glaring weakness for several years now. Tim Beltz and Patrick Taylor are running the basketball team's strength & conditioning program right now (beltz has been there for years). I'm not sure if its the staff or the players commitment?
We really have no players that are muscular. A lot of lanky guys and some round guys like Robinson, Jones, Maia.

Second half will say a lot about this team Play well and I think they have a chance to go .500 the rest of the way...Tank and they will be lucky to win 3 games...........I've never seen a team so soft mentally...

Reactions: noelr
Where is our strength going to come from and size. Manigault and Kithcart don't look physically imposing. Nix is a project. Maia and Ododa will be gone.

You think if we signed Dixon to another 10 years tonight, he would give us a home town discount ? Pirates would definitely be pleased
All the Jamie lovers on this thread - we can lose the last 10 games and they'd be all on here claiming next year will be better. Team has no heart, no drive, can't play defense, point guard sucks and bad recruiting. But yeah, we're a good team sure.

Reactions: rockypanther
Jamel Artis: 3-for-11... 3 turnovers..... 2 rebounds.

Mike Young: 1-for-5.... 3 turnovers.... 1 rebound

Our two best players are 4-for-16... with 6 turnovers, 2 assists, and 3 total rebounds.

I'm amazed we're within 10.

Reactions: Pav9870
"fine" is not "can do no wrong". His play is a distant 3rd or 4th among the reason we're losing today.

Your quote that Young might be "having a problem with Dixon" may be the dumbest thing anybody has ever said on this board..... and I mean ANYBODY, including Phil.
Maybe you should pay the man and stop being a sore loser.

He wasn't playing there in the zone when he looked like he had no idea what he was doing. He wasn't playing there coming out of the timeout when he completely lost his guy in the man to man.

His problems today have nothing at all to do with whether he is playing the four or the five.

Not in the least. In fact, I wish he had been playing the five in the zone because he might have been able to figure out who to guard.

The #1 reason we're losing is Young.

The #2 reason we're losing in Artis

The #3 reason we're losing is *SO* far behind reasons 1 and 2 that it isn't even worth mentioning.

We can't win when Young and Artis play like shit. And they've both played like shit for two weeks.
Artis and Smith have been our best players. At least Artis is giving a max effort. Shows you have no clue what YOU are watching.

Second half will say a lot about this team Play well and I think they have a chance to go .500 the rest of the way...Tank and they will be lucky to win 3 games...........I've never seen a team so soft mentally...
They are soft mentally, and the problem is our two best players are our two worst offenders

All the Jamie lovers on this thread - we can lose the last 10 games and they'd be all on here claiming next year will be better. Team has no heart, no drive, can't play defense, point guard sucks and bad recruiting. But yeah, we're a good team sure.
And look forward to another 8 years

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT