ADVERTISEMENT

Gannon Exhibition Game & Other Dribbles ...

I said the same thing during the game but @PittMan2003 says there was another time a woman officiated a game (she's an NBA ref now and he has a shirt to show for it -- he said it was a "blackout game"). But I'm with you ... I simply cannot remember another time when a woman did a men's game. (And as you know, I always pay attention to exactly who officiates games).

I suspect it's possible that he was referring to a Women's game, but he didn't seem to indicate such. But if you and I BOTH think it's the first time we've woman official for a men's game, and knowing that you and I go to almost every single game, and how we are both "sticklers," it seems very unlikely we are BOTH wrong.

In fairness, in my post during the game, I said first ever woman ref at the Pete (while meaning just for a men's game.) So that would have been the cause for confusion. Have they even had "black out" games for the women's team?
Yeah I am trying to get the exact game information. Will let u know what I find out.

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
I said the same thing during the game but @PittMan2003 says there was another time a woman officiated a game (she's an NBA ref now and he has a shirt to show for it -- he said it was a "blackout game"). But I'm with you ... I simply cannot remember another time when a woman did a men's game. (And as you know, I always pay attention to exactly who officiates games).

I suspect it's possible that he was referring to a Women's game, but he didn't seem to indicate such. But if you and I BOTH think it's the first time we've woman official for a men's game, and knowing that you and I go to almost every single game, and how we are both "sticklers," it seems very unlikely we are BOTH wrong.

In fairness, in my post during the game, I said first ever woman ref at the Pete (while meaning just for a men's game.) So that would have been the cause for confusion. Have they even had "back out" games for the women's team?
Alright mystery solved. You guys are really good. My buddy just confirmed that she did a women’s game not a men’s game for Pitt.

Have they even had "black out" games for the women's team?

Not that I recall, but there are women's refs for the women's games all the time. Almost every crew has at least one, and it's not unusual for there to be two. I've even seen three a few times, but that is certainly more rare.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT