ADVERTISEMENT

Heather seat warm?

This might be your worst post ever.

I get that you feel that her successes in 3 (and only 3) olympic sports should be weighed exactly the same as the pro teams but in reality, they do not. 90% of her job is ensuring that football and men's basketball win. It could be the worst year in the university's history for that combo. If that happens, you cannot deny that as the leader of a program whose 2 pro teams are historically bad, there has to be questions about top leadership.

I get that you feel that her successes in 3 (and only 3) olympic sports should be weighed exactly the same as the pro teams but in reality, they do not. 90% of her job is ensuring that football and men's basketball win. It could be the worst year in the university's history for that combo. If that happens, you cannot deny that as the leader of a program whose 2 pro teams are historically bad, there has to be questions about top leadership.
Dude, she the CURRENT AD of the year. No one with that honor has warm seat.

Last place football. Last place basketball. Could be the worst year in school history for the football/basketball combo. That isn't exactly good if you are the AD responsible for those 2 programs.

So she was a candidate for the Ohio State job, but at Pitt her seat is warm? Hilarious.

So she was a candidate for the Ohio State job, but at Pitt her seat is warm? Hilarious.

When your 2 pro teams are in last place, you better not continue to finish in last. What if they both finish in last next year. Then the year after? It probably wont happen but you cannot continue to run an athletic department when your pro teams finish in last.

Narduzzi is two years removed from winning the ACC and one from a 9 win season. He earned a mulligan year and made changes to try to right the ship. Neither his seat, not Heather’s, is close to warm.

Capel is the opposite. His squads have mostly fallen short and faded down the stretch. Last year with a seasoned team and some luck he showed improvement, but it looks like that was his outlier. He should be feeling the heat.

When your 2 pro teams are in last place, you better not continue to finish in last. What if they both finish in last next year. Then the year after? It probably wont happen but you cannot continue to run an athletic department when your pro teams finish in last.
Yes, best to proactively fire her now, just in case basketball and football continue to decline. Then maybe Pitt can lure Barnes back from Oregon State.

Narduzzi is two years removed from winning the ACC and one from a 9 win season. He earned a mulligan year and made changes to try to right the ship. Neither his seat, not Heather’s, is close to warm.

Capel is the opposite. His squads have mostly fallen short and faded down the stretch. Last year with a seasoned team and some luck he showed improvement, but it looks like that was his outlier. He should be feeling the heat.

8 win season + exhibition win. If Narduzzi finishes last again, he is gone or at least with a scorching hot seat in 2025. The 2 pro teams are looking really bad right now.

Lol Capel should have been fired by now, that contract extension was pure lunacy.

You're always about the "if this happens, if that happens". Its nonsense and gets tiresome.

Her seat isn't warm, but I also wouldn't mind if she moved on. She's probably good for the athletic department as a whole, but I don't personally care about the non-revenue sports.

I wouldn't hate the idea of having someone who is a little more used car salesmanish when it comes to embracing and promoting NIL. I mean, I hate NIL, but it seems like a necessary evil for the time being.

Really poor effort, even for you, which is saying something. I'm not sure what positive comes from trolling the school you supposedly support.

Her seat isn't warm, but I also wouldn't mind if she moved on. She's probably good for the athletic department as a whole, but I don't personally care about the non-revenue sports.

I wouldn't hate the idea of having someone who is a little more used car salesmanish when it comes to embracing and promoting NIL. I mean, I hate NIL, but it seems like a necessary evil for the time being.
I think she has come to embrace and promote NIL as it has been accepted as the reality now. I’ll admit that wasn’t always the case in the early days of NIL. Having a car salesman type isn’t going to find any more deep pockets among the fanbase.

I wouldn't mind warming her seat.
spanking_paddle_board_of_education_ping_pong_paddle-r45cf14974d7f4007b6156f499239bb4c_zvdz5_80.webp

No way do I give Narduzzi a mulligan for last season. Are the standards that low for Pitt football? A mulligan year for him ideally would be 6 or 7 wins. Last season two years removed from an ACC Championship is awful. This team should've been on an upward trajectory and trying to establish itself as one of the top 3-4 teams in the ACC.

No way do I give Narduzzi a mulligan for last season. Are the standards that low for Pitt football? A mulligan year for him ideally would be 6 or 7 wins. Last season two years removed from an ACC Championship is awful. This team should've been on an upward trajectory and trying to establish itself as one of the top 3-4 teams in the ACC.
So you think he should be fired for last season then?

So you think he should be fired for last season then?
No and I didn't suggest that he should be. Narduzzi apparently didn't consider it a mulligan either since he cleaned house with his offensive coaching staff and absolutely will be feeling the pressure to bounce back very quickly.

No and I didn't suggest that he should be. Narduzzi apparently didn't consider it a mulligan either since he cleaned house with his offensive coaching staff and absolutely will be feeling the pressure to bounce back very quickly.
So you are willing to give him another chance to see if he can improve the situation? There’s a term for that…

Reactions: NCPitt
So you are willing to give him another chance to see if he can improve the situation? There’s a term for that…
You don't count a mulligan. I am not ignoring last season. These moves need to push Pitt in the right direction this season or he's on the hot seat. If I was giving him a mulligan I wouldn't care that Pitt just had their worst season in years.

You don't count a mulligan. I am not ignoring last season. These moves need to push Pitt in the right direction this season or he's on the hot seat. If I was giving him a mulligan I wouldn't care that Pitt just had their worst season in years.
Then call it whatever you want. No one is ignoring it. Point is that his seat is not remotely warm. If he has another year like last year then we can talk.

Reactions: Gunga_Galunga
Its not remotely warm? Lets say he goes 3-9 again and loses to WVU (if that even matters). Does he get 2025 without any question?
As I said, if he has another year like the last one, we have a conversation. I’m not getting into record or individual games because I need to see how we play and injuries play a factor. Bell will also take time to fit his offense. But I want to see improvement and competitiveness. If we are getting throttled like ND, losing to a 3rd string walk-on like WF, or embarrassed by a TE playing like Lamar part 2 at the end of the year then I’d look at making a change. But I did not think for a second about him returning for 2024. Narduzzi has created a solid culture at Pitt. He is stubborn to a fault, especially on offense, and needs to get better recruiters. But I was pleased that he seemed to address both issues.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
As I said, if he has another year like the last one, we have a conversation. I’m not getting into record or individual games because I need to see how we play and injuries play a factor.

Translation: his seat is definitely warm. He has to achieve at least some moderate level of success this year to guarantee himself 2025. That's pretty much the definition of a warm seat.

Its not remotely warm? Lets say he goes 3-9 again and loses to WVU (if that even matters). Does he get 2025 without any question?
Translation: his seat is definitely warm. He has to achieve at least some moderate level of success this year to guarantee himself 2025. That's pretty much the definition of a warm seat.

It's not remotely warm, and yes he gets 2025 without question.

He's signed through 2030. They can't afford to eat his buyout.

I think short of a disaster season he’s got 2025. What do you consider “moderate success” that would guarantee his return?

I think short of a disaster season he’s got 2025. What do you consider “moderate success” that would guarantee his return?

I dont know, 6-6?

If you need to avoid a disaster to avoid being fired, your seat is warm. If he has another season like this one, there will be thought given to firing him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT