ADVERTISEMENT

I come in peace

Sep 4, 2017
Hey guys. I just came over here to get your thoughts on next Saturdays game. I get sick of reading all the same homer stuff on the UCF board.

Pitt is playing 3 top 15 OOC. UCF is the most difficult of the 3. Maybe Pitt can run the ball and control the game to keep it close. More likely UCF makes this into a 1 sided track meet.

Hey guys. I just came over here to get your thoughts on next Saturdays game. I get sick of reading all the same homer stuff on the UCF board.

Last edited:
Reactions: smealpsu2005
UCF....I thought the talk of being National champions was absurd. That being said, you have an elite program right now that we Pitt fans dream of having. Our defense is so bad, you might put 50 up at half time. If your defense can stop the run, I am not sure how Pitt will score. Also, you’ll never see a team run as many jet sweeps as us. Good luck next Saturday, although I doubt you’ll need it.

Don’t use this game as a measuring stick for your program. Your 30 point win Saturday will mean nothing to you this season.

UCF's D looks week so we will score some.

52-27 UCF

I apolgize we suck as a win over a good Pitt team might have helped you on your quest for a CFP bid.

Reactions: siul1979
I think it was last year we played OK State Univ and got a royal ass whoopin. I mean BAD! Look for some game highlights there, and you will see what next weekend is about. I wish your team well in getting any ranking and playoff respect it deserves. Unfortunately, the naysayers will say that you only racked up wins against teams like Pitt so why do you deserve to be in a playoff.

You’ll get to see a lot of your second and third stringers by mid third quarter. And if you’re tailgating you can get a head start on post game binge drinking because the fourth quarter will be akin to a spring scrimmage.

Reactions: Big12Knights
Congrats on hiring a good coach like Frost and letting him build it. Then showing more smarts by promoting within with a guy who runs a college-age offense. You'll be shocked when you see Pitt lined up in archaic formations.

I predict that UCF will boat race Pitt. We just gave up 300 yards passing to a guy who had never passed for 300. And their QB wasn't required to make pin point passes. Guys were running completely uncovered. Half of the posters on this board could have completed passes against Pitt's defense. UCF has a very good QB and speed at WR. If Pitt keeps UCF under 50, I will be surprised.

Cruzer

Reactions: freddietee511
Congrats on hiring a good coach like Frost and letting him build it. Then showing more smarts by promoting within with a guy who runs a college-age offense. You'll be shocked when you see Pitt lined up in archaic formations.
Not trying to sound like a know-it-all, but they actually brought an outside guy in and hired Josh Heupel, the former offensive coordinator at Missouri. I only know this because I live in Kansas City and it made the news for a few days since it had a chance at impacting Drew Lock’s pro decision.

Our game will look a lot like the one you just played. By virtue of ball control and your coaches not being familiar with Pitt we may keep it close in the first half. 35-24ish. Then your coaches will adjust and ours seem incapable of doing so. Ultimately, the score will be like 63-34. You will probably have a chance to run it up too.

The only way Pitt wins is if the players have the games of their lives. The coaching staff won’t have any clue.

They’re not homers, you guys seriously might beat us by 80. It would be improvement for pitt if UCF doesn’t shatter every single single game offensive record on Saturday.

Not trying to sound like a know-it-all, but they actually brought an outside guy in and hired Josh Heupel, the former offensive coordinator at Missouri. I only know this because I live in Kansas City and it made the news for a few days since it had a chance at impacting Drew Lock’s pro decision.
Ah, for some reason I thought Huepel (sp?) was the OC at UCF last season. Proves UCF is smart at making football decisions.

How is your running game? Pitt has a chance if UCF doesn’t gash us on the ground. You will complete passes and score points. Pitt will also score so unless you guys can run well I look for a close game.

Back in the late 80s Houston put up like 90 points and over 1000 yards of offense on SMU. If UCF leaves their starters in all 60 I don’t think it’d be a stretch to see 800 plus yards and 70 plus points.

Back in the late 80s Houston put up like 90 points and over 1000 yards of offense on SMU. If UCF leaves their starters in all 60 I don’t think it’d be a stretch to see 800 plus yards and 70 plus points.
Remember our shootout at Heinz against SU? That was like a game of Madden.

How is your running game? Pitt has a chance if UCF doesn’t gash us on the ground. You will complete passes and score points. Pitt will also score so unless you guys can run well I look for a close game.

The running game exists to draw your linebackers and safeties closer to the LOS and then Milton drops a pinpoint 40 yard pass over the top.

But our run defense is solid, though we aren't tackling well. If we'd quit going for the big hit and just wrap up, no one is going to run up the middle on us. FAU exploited us to the outside some, but I suspect that will get corrected this week in practice. Also, FAU was guilty of massive holding on most every outside run, which always seems to help spring the runner.

I watched Pitt against GT. I don't think you guys are nearly as bad as the folks in this thread seem to think.

The running game exists to draw your linebackers and safeties closer to the LOS and then Milton drops a pinpoint 40 yard pass over the top.

But our run defense is solid, though we aren't tackling well. If we'd quit going for the big hit and just wrap up, no one is going to run up the middle on us. FAU exploited us to the outside some, but I suspect that will get corrected this week in practice. Also, FAU was guilty of massive holding on most every outside run, which always seems to help spring the runner.

I watched Pitt against GT. I don't think you guys are nearly as bad as the folks in this thread seem to think.
You must’ve missed last week’s game, or the entire 2017 Pitt season.

A game like 28-24 where all 3 phases of each team perform at a capable level is in my eyes an entertaining game.
Wait a minute!
So you're a fan of team X , if you lose you consider the game entertaining?

You should stick to movies, concerts, plays etc where entertaining is the objective.

When you're a fan of a sports team Winning is the end game! Anything less is not entertaining!

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Reactions: siul1979
What is the record of points scored against Pitt in the first half? I remember OSU laying 42 on us in the 72-0 game. Did OkSt. get to 49 last year?

Anyways... UCF fan. That is the benchmark. Good luck.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT