ADVERTISEMENT

I hate how the acc schedules.

A lot of people like women’s hoops. It’s not all about you.

Get the eff out of here. Nobody likes women's hoops. The ACC is completr idiots for giving women's bball all day Thursdays and Sundays to play and not maximizing exposure for men's basketball. And I've said this before, it would greatly increase women's bball viewership if they were lead-in to the men or played following the men.

With 18 teams next year, this should be the ACC TV schedule (9 men's and 9 women's games per week)

Monday
7PM ESPN
Women - 630/830 ACCN

Tuesday
6:30 ACCN
7PM ESPN
8:30 ACCN
Women - 1030 ACCN

Wednesday
6PM ACCN
8PM ACCN
10PM ACCN

Thursday
7PM ESPN
Women 630/1030 ACCN

Friday
7PM ACCN (teams who played Monday or Tuesday)
Women 9PM ACCN

Saturday (CW gets the evenings when they have LIV golf in the afternoon)
noon CW
2 CW
4 ESPN
6 ESPN
8 ACCN
10 ACCN
Women noon, 2, 4, 6 ACCN

Sunday (bring back Sunday Night hoops for teams that played Wednesday or Thursday)
5:30 ACCN
7:30 ACCN
Women - 11:30AM, 130, 330 ACCN

Easy peezie.

More exposure for the women's game. More exposure for the men's game.

Reactions: Fredact and jctrack
My wife played at pitt and we never watch the women if there is a mens game. Once again smf. Stirs the drink in here. ( like reggie)

Saturday games that start at 2 or later are so much better. A noon start on Sunday or any game after 5 are not as good unless you have an incredible matchup. Nobody wants a 7 or 8pm start on Sunday.

My wife played at pitt and we never watch the women if there is a mens game. Once again smf. Stirs the drink in here. ( like reggie)

Women's games involving Caitlin Clark are doing well but if its your random ACC game on a Thursday or Sunday on ACCN, I honestly do not believe there are more than 5000 people national who are watching that. Nielsen doesn't rate ACC Network so you'll never know for sure. Some of those G5 football games on ESPNU get less than 20K viewers. I just dont see UNC vs BC women's basketball beating a Charlotte vs FAU football game.

Reactions: LVNVPanther
Yeah I don’t think many people are watching women’s hoops. That’s just the way it is. As the father of women in sport, and as a man who has spent many years developing female athletes and helping them find the colleges for them…no one really cares enough to watch. I’m comfortable enough in my own skin to say that, in spite of being one of the biggest women’s sports advocates on this board.

And let me add thar more importantly, ACC basketball has to schedule better to game college hoops like the mountain west and other leagues do. We do have a garage run league. Is Gary Bettman the commish?

Get the eff out of here. Nobody likes women's hoops. The ACC is completr idiots for giving women's bball all day Thursdays and Sundays to play and not maximizing exposure for men's basketball. And I've said this before, it would greatly increase women's bball viewership if they were lead-in to the men or played following the men.

With 18 teams next year, this should be the ACC TV schedule (9 men's and 9 women's games per week)

Monday
7PM ESPN
Women - 630/830 ACCN

Tuesday
7PM ESPN
Women - 1030 ACCN

Wednesday
6PM ACCN
8PM ACCN
10PM ACCN

Thursday
7PM ESPN
Women 630/1030 ACCN

Friday
Women 9PM ACCN

noon CW
2 CW
4 ESPN
6 ESPN
8 ACCN
10 ACCN
Women noon, 2, 4, 6 ACCN

Sunday (bring back Sunday Night hoops for teams that played Wednesday or Thursday)

Easy peezie.

Thanks smf. Valuable input again

Yeah I don’t think many people are watching women’s hoops. That’s just the way it is. As the father of women in sport, and as a man who has spent many years developing female athletes and helping them find the colleges for them…no one really cares enough to watch. I’m comfortable enough in my own skin to say that, in spite of being one of the biggest women’s sports advocates on this board.

And let me add thar more importantly, ACC basketball has to schedule better to game college hoops like the mountain west and other leagues do. We do have a garage run league. Is Gary Bettman the commish?

If you wanted to maximize eyeballs on women's hoops, would you give them Thursdays and Sundays to themselves or would you schedule them before/after men's games. For me, personally, if I'm watching an ACC men's game and the announcers say stay tuned for Pitt vs UVa women, there's a 20% chance I stay and watch. There's a 0% I watch if I wasnt watching an ACC men's game before.

Reactions: Fredact and Fk_Pitt
Agreed - hopefully Cal, Stanford, and SMU occupy the large majority of those time slots.

It's going to be interesting to see how they do the schedule, but with the travel involved I would imagine that Cal and Stanford are not hosting very many Tuesday or Wednesday home games. They are going to get a lot of Thursday - Saturday weekends, may some Thursday - Sunday ones. But if you send a team out there to play Cal and Stanford and one of those games is on a Tuesday or a Wednesday that's going to have a team miss a lot of school days. And the academic people and the people in the athletic departments who still at least pay lip service to academics are not going to want that at all.

Reactions: FireballZ
It's going to be interesting to see how they do the schedule, but with the travel involved I would imagine that Cal and Stanford are not hosting very many Tuesday or Wednesday home games. They are going to get a lot of Thursday - Saturday weekends, may some Thursday - Sunday ones. But if you send a team out there to play Cal and Stanford and one of those games is on a Tuesday or a Wednesday that's going to have a team miss a lot of school days. And the academic people and the people in the athletic departments who still at least pay lip service to academics are not going to want that at all.

Assuming that the ACC continues to only play on Tue/Wed/Sat, I'd think that Cal/Stan alternate East Coast trips. So:

Week 1
Cal is at Pitt on Wed and Syr on Sat
Stan hosts Wake and NC State on Wed and Sat

Week 2
Cal hosts Miami and FSU on Tue and Sat
Stan is at UVa and VT on Wed and Sat.

So basically you are making 4 trips to the East Coast for 8 games. Then you have your roadie in the Bay Area and your roadie in Dallas.

I would wonder if they'd be interested in doing like Thu/Sun/Tue road trips twice to cut out an entire road trip. That's if the ACC would allow Thu/Sun games.

College baseball/softball teams do a lot of traveling in February and March. It shouldn’t be an issue with only 1 long trip for basketball.

College baseball/softball teams do a lot of traveling in February and March. It shouldn’t be an issue with only 1 long trip for basketball.

They also could get a road trip out of the way over Christmas break or in early Jan. Not sure when their Spring semesters start but some start mid to late Jan. Didnt most schools go away from that though?

7 games yesterday. None today Rest assured none Thursday or Friday . As a die hard ACC fan quite frankly this sucks. I think the Acc is set on shoving womens hoops down our throat.
I think ESPN is shoving their preferences down the ACC's throat.

Monday
7PM ESPN
Women - 630/830 ACCN

Tuesday
7PM ESPN
Women - 1030 ACCN

Wednesday
6PM ACCN
8PM ACCN
10PM ACCN

Thursday
7PM ESPN
Women 630/1030 ACCN

Friday
Women 9PM ACCN

noon CW
2 CW
4 ESPN
6 ESPN
8 ACCN
10 ACCN
Women noon, 2, 4, 6 ACCN

Easy peezie.

ACCN seems to want to put other stuff on as well, lacrosse, wrestling, gymnastics, baseball, softball etc. So they won't fill the whole schedule with hoops.

ACCN seems to want to put other stuff on as well, lacrosse, wrestling, gymnastics, baseball, softball etc. So they won't fill the whole schedule with hoops.

Well, I have 18 women's game a week televised in my schedule and I doubt its anywhere close to that currently. So give some of those women's spots to the Olympic sports. I was really just saying they could televise every women's game before or after men's games and get more viewers than giving them Thursdays and Sundays when no ACC viewers care enough to watch.

If you wanted to maximize eyeballs on women's hoops, would you give them Thursdays and Sundays to themselves or would you schedule them before/after men's games. For me, personally, if I'm watching an ACC men's game and the announcers say stay tuned for Pitt vs UVa women, there's a 20% chance I stay and watch. There's a 0% I watch if I wasnt watching an ACC men's game before.
Last year before a Pitt game, we had to sit through a MAC women’s basketball game that I believe was in OT. I think it was Miami and someone else. Now, it was the MAC so the athletes were shorter and better looking, but I actually enjoyed it for a few minutes until I started to get annoyed that we were missing the Pitt game.

But no way in heck I’m tuning into a womens basketball game without some kind of extenuating circumstance. Now womens soccer and volleyball…that’s a different story.

Yeah, but those games are on the weekends. Pitt doesn't go play in Florida and miss a whole week of classes. The only time in the past they stayed down there during the week was during spring break, when school was not in session.

During the week the baseball and softball teams are playing schools like Youngstown and Akron and Penn State and West Virginia. Games where the visiting team gets on a bus, and typically when the game is over they get back on the bus and go home.

I'd think that Cal/Stan alternate East Coast trips.

I think there is almost no way that's how they do it. Cal and Stanford are going to get a lot of home weekends together and a lot of road weekends together. Because they are going to, for instance, send Pitt and Syracuse out west, and they are both going to play Cal and Stanford while they are there. One will play at Cal while the other plays at Stanford on a Thursday, and then they flip-flop and play the other on Saturday.

In other words, it's going to look an awful lot like the PAC12 current schedule. Every school has a partner, and two schools go play the two partners. As an example, this week, USC at Washington State on Thursday, UCLA at Washington on Thursday, USC at Washington on Saturday, UCLA at Washington State on Saturday. Cal at Colorado Wednesday, Stanford at Utah on Thursday, Cal at Utah on Saturday, Stanford at Colorado on Sunday.

Expect the ACC to do something similar with the California schools.

I think there is almost no way that's how they do it. Cal and Stanford are going to get a lot of home weekends together and a lot of road weekends together. Because they are going to, for instance, send Pitt and Syracuse out west, and they are both going to play Cal and Stanford while they are there. One will play at Cal while the other plays at Stanford on a Thursday, and then they flip-flop and play the other on Saturday.

In other words, it's going to look an awful lot like the PAC12 current schedule. Every school has a partner, and two schools go play the two partners. As an example, this week, USC at Washington State on Thursday, UCLA at Washington on Thursday, USC at Washington on Saturday, UCLA at Washington State on Saturday. Cal at Colorado Wednesday, Stanford at Utah on Thursday, Cal at Utah on Saturday, Stanford at Colorado on Sunday.

Expect the ACC to do something similar with the California schools.

Yea. That makes sense. Like Pitt would make 1 Bay Area trip every other year. So Cal and Stanford may travel and host together but they'll probably travel like every other week. So one week at home, the next week on the East coast, leaving Tuesday morning, getting back Saturday night (if the ACC continues to refuse Thu/Sun games)

Yea. That makes sense. Like Pitt would make 1 Bay Area trip every other year. So Cal and Stanford may travel and host together but they'll probably travel like every other week. So one week at home, the next week on the East coast, leaving Tuesday morning, getting back Saturday night (if the ACC continues to refuse Thu/Sun games)

Yeah, that's what I assume. One week they are both at home and trade off playing two other schools. Next week they are both on the road.

If they stick with 20 conference games that means over a two year cycle they both get 20 home games. Each other and SMU both years is four games, then the other 16 home games are 14 of the other teams once and one lucky winner goes out there two years in a row, rotating through the teams in perpetuity (because we know the makeup of the ACC will never change again).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT