ADVERTISEMENT

Jaylen Warren - Yikes!

Ok…just heard Mark Schereth’s comments about the 2024 Steelers. He says that fields was #1 and Wilson was #2 in the entire NFL in time the ball was in their hands. Because of that, he predicts the Steelers will finish under .500 for the first time under Tomlin.

Imagine those two guys with our offensive line last year. Lol.
I predict if Russ is healthy, he will double KP's career TD passes within 16 games.

Reactions: xslfyk4 and Pitt79
Maybe Russ' QBR will be better than 38.1?
Thanks for building on my point because that’s exactly what Russ had in Denver. Oops.

Russell Wilson, an experienced, Super Bowl winning, all pro QB, had a QBR of 38.8 in Denver (2022) under an offensive coordinator who was pretty bad, but still not as bad as the worst offensive coordinator in the history of the game. Let that sink in. (Hint-offenses and Coordinators matter)

Then…Denver brings in an offensive mastermind and Russell goes from…wait for it…a 38 QPR to a whopping 50.1 QPR.

You’re not helping your argument. And now I’m starting to worry about Russ’s future here when in all actuality I thought it was a fine move to bring him in.

Maybe Russ' QBR will be better then 38.1?
over the previous two seasons:

Kenny QBR=45.6
Russ QBR= 44.7

Think the average yinzer realizes this? Kenny- did that in a Matt Canada offense
Russ- a legend, experienced QB spent half his time in an innovative offense

I’m seriously starting to wonder if the Justin Fields era might start sooner than later. I’m worried about Jaylen Warren’s feelings!

So what? You cling to that stat like it’s your teddy bear. Let’s hope he wins 78% of his starts like Kenny did last year.
It's also stupid to act like not being able to throw a mediocre number of TD passes doesn't matter. Who's won a championship throwing 6 TD passes in a season? I mean after WW2.

It's also stupid to act like not being able to throw a mediocre number of TD passes doesn't matter. Who's won a championship throwing 6 TD passes in a season? I mean after WW2.
No offensive coordinator has ever won a Super Bowl with a middle school offense. 100% agree.

Reactions: 303vND
No offensive coordinator has ever won a Super Bowl with a middle school offense. 100% agree.
Maybe Canada had to run a middle school offense because he had a middle school QB ;)

I mean prior to KP's 5th year, his TD record was like 13 in a season. That's pretty good for a middle school QB ;)

This whole idea that KP wasn't good only because of Canada is ridiculous. no QB every threw fewer TD passes in over 500 attempts, that includes every OC and QB ever, it's hilarious how none of it was Kenny's fault? Or lack of ability.

This whole idea that KP wasn't good only because of Canada is ridiculous. no QB every threw fewer TD passes in over 500 attempts, that includes every OC and QB ever, it's hilarious how none of it was Kenny's fault? Or lack of ability.
Straw man argument there⬆️

No one is holding Kenny faultless.

Great leadership.

would you agree the locker room has been in disarray since the Aaron Smith crew retired?

There just seems to be too much smoke here for all of this stuff to be fabricated. And really again, I don't know the impact, but many of us have been around the past 40 some years of Pitt football. The opportunity to have a BCS Bowl win over a Big 10 team and give us 12 wins and a top 10 finish would have been hugely beneficial for this school and rewarding to the fans. And he chose to sit it out. I know I know, NICK PATTI GOT HURT!!! But again, that would have been a huge boost for us all.
eh. I don’t care if Kenny is a Pitt guy or not. I’m a fair weather Pitt fan anymore anyways because college football is a joke and it has been for decades. But now it’s dead. Kenny could be a Nitter for all I care and I’d have the same position. I’m no tribalist. PSU, WVU, Pitt…doesn’t matter to me. everyone chooses what’s best for them.

Now it could all be true. I’m not a fan of Kenny’s persona. There’s something about him that’s always seemed off to me. But…let’s consider the examples cited in the post you responded to.

Johnson- said something in an interview in which all of the context gets conveniently dropped on the editing room floor. The comments made in full context were nothing…especially when compared to 90% of the guys in the diva position. Plus he’s the guy who allegedly had a physical altercation with the other QB in the room.

Heyward- wants to win and win now because his clock is ticking. He’s all about himself and honestly why wouldn’t he be? It’s no secret that Kenny had a wasted season here in this offense and frankly the jury is still out at best. He doesn’t want potentially his last year with a still developing question mark at QB. He wants the accomplished vet at league minimum. Why not??

Warren- big nothing burger. I would hope the vet QB brings more leadership and I would assume he does. And let’s hope so because by some measurements Wilson put up stats in Denver that were worse than Kenny’s.

would you agree the locker room has been in disarray since the Aaron Smith crew retired?
Remember the stories where guys like Harrison would get in a guys face when they were behaving out of turn in the locker room? It was treated as sort of a joke last year that Minkah go pissed at Kaboly for walking on the logo in the locker room, like it shouldn't be a big deal, but I've never been anywhere where that was okay. Harrison had gone at Kaboly a couple of times and let him know that a question or an action didn't fly.

“Mason wanted to sign back, they wanted him to sign him back. He talked to the team that Sunday afternoon and got some weird vibes,” Kaboly said. “Then an soon as Russell signed, or sent out his Renegade, it was almost instantly saying, ‘I’m pursuing other places. Obviously, I’m getting disrespected. They don’t want me here, I’m going somewhere else.’ If Russell does not sign, does not send out the Renegade thing, it’s Kenny Pickett probably number one, Mason Rudolph number two right now.”

So I guess Mason is afraid of competition, too? Holding my breath for all the shots at him from the misfit crew of Dulac, Madden, etc.

Seriously though, this confirms what a lot of us have been saying. Mason was about to re-sign with the Steelers. They either pulled his offer or became extremely lukewarm on him once it was known that Russell Wilson would sign. There was never a competition and never going to be one...Wilson was always their guy.

I wouldn’t argue with that. It just supports the point that KP had nothing to do with “losing” the locker room. The locker room is a mess to begin with
I've been told that Kenny had some detractors in the locker room early on in the season. By the end of the season, I heard that # grew much bigger. What I mean by detractors were guys who just didn't believe he was QB1 and that Mason was the best option the entire time.

I've been told that Kenny had some detractors in the locker room early on in the season. By the end of the season, I heard that # grew much bigger. What I mean by detractors were guys who just didn't believe he was QB1 and that Mason was the best option the entire time.
That's why Mitch came in when Kenny got hurt. Your super secret locker room info not withstanding.

That's why Mitch came in when Kenny got hurt. Your super secret locker room info not withstanding.
How does Mitch coming in instead of Mason go against the fact that a group of players thought Mason was the best of all 3?

Eddie Murphy What GIF by Amazon Prime Video

How does Mitch coming in instead of Mason go against the fact that a group of players thought Mason was the best of all 3?

Eddie Murphy What GIF by Amazon Prime Video
I wonder if said group of players would have said this if Mason came out and stunk up the joint? Revisionist history is almost never wrong.

I wonder if said group of players would have said this if Mason came out and stunk up the joint? Revisionist history is almost never wrong.

nearly impossible for Mason to fail. His three games were against the Bengals, who Pickett also lit up in his final appearance, the Lions who had one of the worse pass defenses in the league, and the Ravens who already clinched. Heck the duck would have looked great for that 3 game stretch.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt and 303vND
Which is 100% fine as the Steelers can make personnel decisions as they choose. The issue with many is the witch hunt that ensued.

yep, now we get the reverse spin with Kaboly running the Wilson's work ethic has been off the charts piece, and this morning Najee is losing weight and in the best shape of his life according to the PG. The Steeler messaging team is very strong.

Reactions: 303vND
yep, now we get the reverse spin with Kaboly running the Wilson's work ethic has been off the charts piece, and this morning Najee is losing weight and in the best shape of his life according to the PG. The Steeler messaging team is very strong.
Like I said...Putin would be proud!

I heard it after training camp the past 2 years, not after Mason's games as a starter last season.
Did you hear that from the media or actual players? Because, I sure didn't see any quotes attributed to the players stating Mason should be the guy.

Did you hear that from the media or actual players? Because, I sure didn't see any quotes attributed to the players stating Mason should be the guy.
Can we move this to the Locker room??

I said earlier in the thread, I know a guy. No - we're not "friends" but I trust what he says and he was on the staff in 2022.

Was there a media report about it though? Like I said, I don't really listen to Steelers media nor do I really listen to PITT media for that matter.

You better go back and delete a bunch of your comments from KP's first 3 years. You know - the ones like Pickett sucks, deer in the headlights, can't play in the rain, etc. Too funny.
Go find my comments from his first start .
It was clear he’s the best QB pitt has had from a talent and composure perspective in a long time

you might want to research how teams' "vote" and how politics still seep into these decisions.

Happens all the time
This is silly. There are a ton of public quotes from players praising Kenny and mentioning how deserving he was to be named Captain. Dan Moore, Heyward, and Tomlin all said as much.

Heyward was publicly still behind Pickett as QB1 as late as mid-February 2024. Same with Tomlin. Tomlin even publicly said Kenny would be QB1 "with competition." Nothing changed except Russ Wilson indicated he would sign with the Steelers. This was never about who Kenny is or is not in the locker room. All of these media leaks are literal hit pieces that don't align with reality about how the team talked about or felt about him from May 2022 - February 2024.

“Mason wanted to sign back, they wanted him to sign him back. He talked to the team that Sunday afternoon and got some weird vibes,” Kaboly said. “Then an soon as Russell signed, or sent out his Renegade, it was almost instantly saying, ‘I’m pursuing other places. Obviously, I’m getting disrespected. They don’t want me here, I’m going somewhere else.’ If Russell does not sign, does not send out the Renegade thing, it’s Kenny Pickett probably number one, Mason Rudolph number two right now.”

So I guess Mason is afraid of competition, too? Holding my breath for all the shots at him from the misfit crew of Dulac, Madden, etc.

Seriously though, this confirms what a lot of us have been saying. Mason was about to re-sign with the Steelers. They either pulled his offer or became extremely lukewarm on him once it was known that Russell Wilson would sign. There was never a competition and never going to be one...Wilson was always their guy.
Which is OK. The Steelers need to and are expected to do what they think is in their best interests. I have no problem with that

But the issue i have (and most others do) is the trashing of KP by claiming he didn’t want to compete. The Steelers made it clear he wasn’t in their plans by not only signing Wilson and handing him the starting job but also going after fields well before they signed Wilson. Again that’s their prerogative. You can debate whether they upgraded the position or not. Time will tell

What’s bullshit is how they either leaked these stories about KP or at the very least have done nothing to diffuse them.

Which is OK. The Steelers need to and are expected to do what they think is in their best interests. I have no problem with that

But the issue i have (and most others do) is the trashing of KP by claiming he didn’t want to compete. The Steelers made it clear he wasn’t in their plans by not only signing Wilson and handing him the starting job but also going after fields well before they signed Wilson. Again that’s their prerogative. You can debate whether they upgraded the position or not. Time will tell

What’s bullshit is how they either leaked these stories about KP or at the very least have done nothing to diffuse them.
EXACTLY!!!

I’ll say it again. Thats speaks more to how dysfunctional this team is than to KP. Explains why they’ve continually lost games they had no business losing KP did the right thing by getting out of that mess

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT