ADVERTISEMENT

Jurkovec media availability

Jun 3, 2023
Needless to say, there wasn’t any after the loss last night. You know, it’s one thing to play like garbage and bash the fans who boo you via the media. But, to opt out of talking after a rivalry loss tells you all you need to know about Phil. He’s a coward who doesn’t have the courage to stand up and take accountability for his poor play. Letting your teammates take on the media while you slink out of the stadium is as bad as it gets. F Jurkovec, and F Narduzzi for letting him get away with it.

It's time for them to come up with a fake injury and let Phil walk away from the team.

Wasn't he basically passed by Moorehead at BC who was then passed by the dude they have now? It's almost like taking the third string QB from the worst team in the ACC was a bad idea.

Although I guess once you start buying out-of-production gadgets (Walkman Cignetti), you have to find other old things to pair them with (Cassette Jurkovec). Our game plan last night was straight out of 1908.

BC, indeed.

It's time for them to come up with a fake injury and let Phil walk away from the team.

Wasn't he basically passed by Moorehead at BC who was then passed by the dude they have now? It's almost like taking the third string QB from the worst team in the ACC was a bad idea.

Although I guess once you start buying out-of-production gadgets (Walkman Cignetti), you have to find other old things to pair them with (Cassette Jurkovec). Our game plan last night was straight out of 1908.

BC, indeed.

Fake an injury, get a RS and go QB RMU as a 25 year old.

Fans aren't the only people who notice this stuff. The team is gonna turn on this guy, unless he's the coolest guy ever off the field. It's going to be ugly if we don't bench him soon.

I bet he quits the team after this week though. The fans are going to boo him every play..might sprinkle in some fake cheers when he completes a 3 yard pass too.

Fake an injury, get a RS and go QB RMU as a 25 year old.

I don't have to know RMU's QB situation to know they would pass on that suggestion. That's what makes not going to a backup so odd here. This isn't bad QB play that we're just exaggerating. This isn't Slovis last season. This is historically bad QB play. I've never seen anything like it. Something is going on behind the scenes to not put one of these other guys in.

Duzz is babying Jurkovec. He needs to face the music like everyone else. Be a stand up guy for Gods sake.

Fans aren't the only people who notice this stuff. The team is gonna turn on this guy, unless he's the coolest guy ever off the field. It's going to be ugly if we don't bench him soon.

I bet he quits the team after this week though. The fans are going to boo him every play..might sprinkle in some fake cheers when he completes a 3 yard pass too.

I was actually thinking he may quit the team, maybe even mid-game vs UNC after being booed mercilessly. He's 24. He may realize his football days are over and just "retire."

Needless to say, there wasn’t any after the loss last night. You know, it’s one thing to play like garbage and bash the fans who boo you via the media. But, to opt out of talking after a rivalry loss tells you all you need to know about Phil. He’s a coward who doesn’t have the courage to stand up and take accountability for his poor play. Letting your teammates take on the media while you slink out of the stadium is as bad as it gets. F Jurkovec, and F Narduzzi for letting him get away with it.
Who cares?

What do you need to hear?? The kid sucked. He shouldn’t be available to the press unless he goes to the coaches and demanded it. The kid isn’t bright, in fact, I honestly think he is the dumbest sounding QB Pitt ever had… which doesn’t mean he is a bad QB, hell Terry Bradshaw was fantastic,

He is done. Now it’s a mental thing, he can’t throw accurately and it’s in his head. One of you guys last week said it’s like Steve Blass syndrome in jest, but it totally is. I’m sure the kid is a great kid, he is athletic, obviously plays hard, his runs were good, he hustled and takes the hits, but he needs to pass, we have good receivers, wvu had horrible dbacks, Cincinnati had horrible dbacks, our receivers are wide open all day long and our pass game still sucks.

ITS THE QBS FAULT!!!!!!!

Reactions: FireballZ

BC, indeed.
B.C. QB yesterday against FSU: 20/33 for 305 with 1 TD and 1 INT. Ran 16 times for 95 yards with 1 TD.

Slovis yesterday in the win over Arky: 13/25 for 167 yards and 2 TDs

Hey, at least Phil did something most guys can't. He was the leading passer for Pitt & WVU. Phil threw for exactly 200 yards under what WVU allowed per game thus far, and his INTs yesterday were returned for 66 yards, which is more than WVU's QBs could muster.

This is an absolute disaster.

Pitt Football's new slogan:

All Talk, No Shock

Do we really care that the guy wasn’t made available? All the media would do would bait him into saying more insulting things about the school and fans. Frankly we shouldn’t allow him to speak again for rest of his miserable time.

Who cares?

What do you need to hear?? The kid sucked. He shouldn’t be available to the press unless he goes to the coaches and demanded it. The kid isn’t bright, in fact, I honestly think he is the dumbest sounding QB Pitt ever had… which doesn’t mean he is a bad QB, hell Terry Bradshaw was fantastic,

He is done. Now it’s a mental thing, he can’t throw accurately and it’s in his head. One of you guys last week said it’s like Steve Blass syndrome in jest, but it totally is. I’m sure the kid is a great kid, he is athletic, obviously plays hard, his runs were good, he hustled and takes the hits, but he needs to pass, we have good receivers, wvu had horrible dbacks, Cincinnati had horrible dbacks, our receivers are wide open all day long and our pass game still sucks.

ITS THE QBS FAULT!!!!!!!
I care because he’s the GD leader of the team. Be a man and take the blame for your garbage play. Instead, he hid like a coward. He’s no leader, not even close.

Do we really care that the guy wasn’t made available? All the media would do would bait him into saying more insulting things about the school and fans. Frankly we shouldn’t allow him to speak again for rest of his miserable time.
Again, he’s the leader. Trot your worthless a$$ out there, compliment your teammates and take the blame like a man.

I care because he’s the GD leader of the team. Be a man and take the blame for your garbage play. Instead, he hid like a coward. He’s no leader, not even close.
That’s exactly what I said

He should have demanded to go out there IF HE IS A LEADER. He isn’t a leader, he shouldn’t be the QB

That’s exactly what I said

He should have demanded to go out there IF HE IS A LEADER. He isn’t a leader, he shouldn’t be the QB
He might well have demanded it. Maybe they feared what he might say and kept him away. Think of the damage he did when speaking last week. This time, he might have ripped his receivers, offensive line, even the defense.

Frankly I doubt that they purposefully kept him away though because Pitt is not competent enough to do intelligent damage control like that. So it likely was indeed cowardice.

Last edited:
Again, he’s the leader. Trot your worthless a$$ out there, compliment your teammates and take the blame like a man.
THIS- the quarterback is considered the leader on the team. There is nothing he has done to exemplify this- he has either not showed up to press conferences or punted blame, his body language acts like he doesn't want to be there, and he is just not executing.

Like you correctly said, it's all about accountabilities. These guys are getting paid good money to play and to win. They aren't doing it. Face the media and at least show some guts and leadership. Jerky couldn't do much of anything else last night except give the ball to the other team as a gift.

Based on his non-verbals, he's Eddie Martell.

With his behavior the last few weeks, if they came out and said he was leaving the team due to a "mental health" issue, it would be appropriate and not a lot of people bat an eye at that now a days. It would be an easy way for him to get out of this.
That actually might be the best solution for everyone involved.

Reactions: 4upmc
That actually might be the best solution for everyone involved.
No need to even say that. Just mention he pulled a muscle, “day to day” thing. Every player has some sore muscle so it’s not even disingenuous.

Not to suggest a mental issue is anything to stigmatize or be ashamed of, it’s not at all, but football and football coaches are different animals about such things. I don’t see the guy having a rat’s chance in hades in playing at the pro level but you can’t just throw that kind of thing out there; there are still many Neanderthals in the game who would blacklist somebody for that.

Ironically it is Narduzzi who has the mental issue about this.

B.C. QB yesterday against FSU: 20/33 for 305 with 1 TD and 1 INT. Ran 16 times for 95 yards with 1 TD.

Slovis yesterday in the win over Arky: 13/25 for 167 yards and 2 TDs

Hey, at least Phil did something most guys can't. He was the leading passer for Pitt & WVU. Phil threw for exactly 200 yards under what WVU allowed per game thus far, and his INTs yesterday were returned for 66 yards, which is more than WVU's QBs could muster.

This is an absolute disaster.

Pitt Football's new slogan:

All Talk, No Shock

Phil Jurkovec being the leading passer for WVU yesterday? What the....

Holy crap! That’s just brutal!

The entire WVU team knew Phil wasn’t that good, and somehow PN didn’t. Honestly, Pat was meant to be a DC. He has no business pretending he knows how to assess talent on both sides of the ball and make the smart, necessary and timely decisions that can keep a team from imploding.

Saban pulled his starting QB with enough time to give the back up a chance to win the game and to allow the the season to be salvaged. Narduzzi’s refusal to pull Phil has resulted in to two bad losses now and may cause the team the season. Good job coach!

Last edited:
Holy crap! That’s just brutal!

The entire WVU team knew Phil wasn’t that good, and somehow PN didn’t. Honestly, Pat was meant to be a DC. He has no business pretending he knows how to assess talent on both sides of the ball and make the smart, necessary and timely decisions that can keep a team from imploding.

Saban pulled his starting QB with enough time to give the back up a chance to win the game and to allow the the season to be salvaged. Narduzzi’s refusal to pull Phil has resulted in to two bad losses now and may cause the team the season. Good job coach!

Made even worse by Cincy losing at home, in OT, to Miami, of Ohio.

Who cares?

ITS THE QBS FAULT!!!!!!!
Could you please stop referring to him as a "kid". He is a 24 year old man, in fact, he is a 24 year old "GROWN ASS MAN".

he dumbest sounding QB Pitt ever had… which doesn’t mean he is a bad QB, hell Terry Bradshaw was fantastic,
You do realize Bradshaw called his own plays, this is a fact, another fact is that there are smart people in the working class.

I don’t care that he’s a coward and didnt man up and do a post game interview

but spare me the bullshit that he’s a leader the dudes body language is awful. He did nothing to fire up his team during any of the games. The dude looks like he’s going through the motions

If you want to be a leader when the media asks you about booing you say I understand their frustration. I didn’t play well and need to get better. If you’re a leader you make yourself available even after bad games and man up and own your performance

Not only is he one of the worst qbs in college Fb but he’s a spineless punk. NOT a GROWN ASS MAN

Made even worse by Cincy losing at home, in OT, to Miami, of Ohio.
Wow!!! Just wow!!

Narduzzi is the epitome of that overconfident coach who doesn’t get that he his team is underprepared and then later always seems so surprised when that team under-delivers.

Last edited:
He might well have demanded it. Maybe they feared what he might say and kept him away. Think of the damage he did when speaking last week. This time, he might have ripped his receivers, offensive line, even the defense.

Frankly I doubt that they purposefully kept him away though because Pitt is not competent enough to do intelligent damage control like that. So it likely was indeed cowardice.
Knowing E.J., he probably encouraged Phil not to go in front of the media because he just didn’t want him yo have to go through it. E.J. Is indeed they competent. Or perhaps Duzz told E.J. he didn’t want Phil to have face the media. Or maybe Phil just didn’t want to. All scenarios are quite plausible.

Knowing E.J., he probably encouraged Phil not to go in front of the media because he just didn’t want him yo have to go through it. E.J. Is indeed they competent. Or perhaps Duzz told E.J. he didn’t want Phil to have face the media. Or maybe Phil just didn’t want to. All scenarios are quite plausible.
People on here are always assuming that they know what is going on behind the scenes, when in fact, they have no idea, and are just speculating. It is hard to imagine any media person or coach not advising him to avoid facing questions after that game last night. But let’s pile on the player.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
People on here are always assuming that they know what is going on behind the scenes, when in fact, they have no idea, and are just speculating. It is hard to imagine any media person or coach not advising him to avoid facing questions after that game last night. But let’s pile on the player.
He was awful in the Cincinnati game and the fans booed. He doubled down on that performance by calling out the fans. He followed that up with the abomination against West Virginia. If he wants to be a professional athlete especially at the most visible position, he needs to own his performance. No one's piling on. He's getting what he earned.

He was awful in the Cincinnati game and the fans booed. He doubled down on that performance by calling out the fans. He followed that up with the abomination against West Virginia. If he wants to be a professional athlete especially at the most visible position, he needs to own his performance. No one's piling on. He's getting what he earned.
My comment is regarding his not being available for questions after the game. None of us knows why he was not, and as DT pointed out, there are explanations, other than that he was ducking the media.

Facing the media is part of a professional QB's job. You're right, the reason for him failing to do so is left to speculation. But it is not unreasonable toexpect him to face the media.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT