ADVERTISEMENT

Kareem Hunt

DiehardPanther

Heisman Winner
Apr 26, 2017
The guy running up big numbers for KC wanted to be a Panther. We had verbals from Corey Clement and Ibrahim for that class, so we backed off.

That's how it goes sometimes eh...crazy.

Patroits D looked like dogshit. Probably one of the worst front 7's I have ever seen on a defending super bowl champion.

I look at his line and feel like Barkley could do the same against Pitt tomorrow, hope I'm wrong.

Yeah, he could... so? Ollison could do the same against state penn too. I think he will get his yards, the important thing is the score. Deshaun Watson's 570 yards passing against us last year was pretty much forgotten about

The guy running up big numbers for KC wanted to be a Panther. We had verbals from Corey Clement and Ibrahim for that class, so we backed off.
And Pitt can't really be blamed. Ibrahim had injury issues and Clement ended up being a pretty darn good back, but just not at Pitt. He wasn't a top recruit and wouldn't have been viewed as a big land.

Guess which other "RB" Pitt landed in that class...James Conner. Maybe Kareem Hunt never becomes anything behind Conner. Maybe Conner never becomes anything at Pitt behind Hunt or not getting a real shot at RB. Maybe both timeshare and neither steps up and we are lamenting how we haven't seemed to have any top backs since Dion left.

Reactions: RHS14 and pittdan77
And the KC speedster Tyreek Hill was an OSU Cowboy and the hero of the 2014 Bedlam game. But a week after delivering against the Sooners, he beat up his pregnant girlfriend and a day after that, Gundy kicked him off the team. We won ten games the following year, but how much better could we have been with "the fastest guy in the NFL.

"What-ifs" will kill you in this game.

Reactions: RHS14
And Pitt can't really be blamed. Ibrahim had injury issues and Clement ended up being a pretty darn good back, but just not at Pitt. He wasn't a top recruit and wouldn't have been viewed as a big land.

Guess which other "RB" Pitt landed in that class...James Conner. Maybe Kareem Hunt never becomes anything behind Conner. Maybe Conner never becomes anything at Pitt behind Hunt or not getting a real shot at RB. Maybe both timeshare and neither steps up and we are lamenting how we haven't seemed to have any top backs since Dion left.

wasn't Conner brought in as a DE? wonder what would have happened had Pitt kept him at DE. I'm a Steelers fan a just thrilled that we landed him in the draft and I loved watching him when he was at Pitt....would have been interesting to see how good he could have been if he had stayed on defense

He was originally recruited as a defensive end but after Paul Chryst struck out on all his running back targets Joe Rudolph talked him into getting Connor a shot at running back.

wasn't Conner brought in as a DE? wonder what would have happened had Pitt kept him at DE. I'm a Steelers fan a just thrilled that we landed him in the draft and I loved watching him when he was at Pitt....would have been interesting to see how good he could have been if he had stayed on defense

The Kareem Hunt what-if, as above have said isn't quite same as others because it was indeed the same class as James Conner.

Conner was actually really solid (especially for a true freshman) his first season. That Beastly Little Caesar's bowl where he had 200+ yards culminated his impressive true freshman season as well. Year Two --- ACC Player of the Year and he was Magic.

Just who possibly knows how that would've overlapped --- but we do know James Conner forever is going to be cherished with Pitt.

Remember that one Quarterback though, who did commit and was with the team when Pitt was having losing seasons??? Joe something.

Lol that hurts every single NFL Sunday -- not to mention Pitt couldn't even make a bowl game while he was eligible but on the bench, then he transfered :( --- that will always be the Definitive Pitt, What If?

Projected , yes.

Then
He was originally recruited as a defensive end but after Paul Chryst struck out on all his running back targets Joe Rudolph talked him into getting Connor a shot at running back.
and thankfully, knucklehead transferred out- and we were better for it

The Kareem Hunt what-if, as above have said isn't quite same as others because it was indeed the same class as James Conner.

Conner was actually really solid (especially for a true freshman) his first season. That Beastly Little Caesar's bowl where he had 200+ yards culminated his impressive true freshman season as well. Year Two --- ACC Player of the Year and he was Magic.

Just who possibly knows how that would've overlapped --- but we do know James Conner forever is going to be cherished with Pitt.

Remember that one Quarterback though, who did commit and was with the team when Pitt was having losing seasons??? Joe something.

Lol that hurts every single NFL Sunday -- not to mention Pitt couldn't even make a bowl game while he was eligible but on the bench, then he transfered :( --- that will always be the Definitive Pitt, What If?
What a crazy turn of events
We had Palko, Getsy, and flacco on the roster at the same time.

Have we had anything remotely close to a collection of qb talent maybe if we combine the entire next decade?

Conner was brought to Pitt as a running back. Joe Rudolph told me so personally.

He committed to Pitt as DE. He didn't get run the ball in high school until his senior year (after he already committed to Pitt). Joe lobbied for Connor to be give the opportunity to play RB after he had big senior year.

Conner was brought to Pitt as a running back. Joe Rudolph told me so personally.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT