ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville Game Thread

JD1976

Athletic Director
Jan 23, 2005
streaming on the ESPN app to start. Good start offensively. Pitt has hit 4 of 5 shots. Carr with a couple baskets.

Yeah, this Auburn/Tennessee game that’s not even close is brutal. The last 3 minutes is going to take 25. Plus, we have to be reminded about Mustafa.

16-12 Louisville at the under 12 TO. Sleepy Louisville crowd.

do people like to drive on this team or what?

Brown makes that dunk and who knows what happens. He looks like he’ll be tentative inside the rest of the game now.

Even the best Pitt teams struggled with the Louisville press. This could get ugly but a good education continues.

Reactions: FireballZ
At least we shouldn’t have to hear anymore that Pitt was an NCAAT team last year if only Stallings had started Milligan at PG!

I suport Stallings but if every ACC game is like this he needs fired. It's impossible to watch and I don't blame anyone who doesn't go to the games.

Reactions: Pitt5593
Wow. First action I’ve watched from this team all year! Yikes are they piss poor! And this isn’t a very good Louisville team.

Have you seen Peace and George play? Sadly, no other options right now. I’d defintely rather see Nix than chumbooka, though. Neither would or should be here next year anyways.

Neither guy did anything. I think I hate every game Michael Stevens makes.

It wasn't even a situation where guys were staring each other down or something where the ref might think to call a couple quick technicals to try to settle everyone down. That was a very, very strange call.

The announcers don't think we are taking very many threes so far.

We have taken 21 shots and 13 of them are threes. That's 62% of our shots. That's a ton of threes, and well over our average percentage for the season to date.

We have taken 21 shots and 13 of them are threes. That's 62% of our shots. That's a ton of threes, and well over our average percentage for the season to date.

At least we broke 20 at the half. I was a little concerned there for a little while we might not.

Sure looked like a charge. Gonna be a long night when we can’t make an open 3 and everything they toss up goes in...

Ended the half shooting 14 threes out of 23 shots. Urggh.

Reactions: rockypanther
I feel like I'm looking at an A-ball team against a major league club. We all knew this was coming, but it's really disheartening to watch.

Reactions: Pav9870
Who else is tired of looking at refs looking at a monitor?

It’s a scourge. Game last week a kid brushed another’s face and they stopped the game for what seemed like 5 minutes to review. I think largely it’s a good rule so guys control themselves and not make head contact but common sense has to come in somewhere.

And I know that wasn’t the case here. But still. It’s too much.

Ended the half shooting 14 threes out of 23 shots. Urggh.
What are you going to do? Milligan has an open three, passes it up - travel. Brown open for a layup, remembers the block - travel. Stevenson handling the ball too long on the break - turnover.

I would keep shooting the 3s and hope to hit them. Frame certainly needs to start hitting some.

Who else is tired of looking at refs looking at a monitor?

DT, I can't help but keep thinking back to your posts about how imagining going 0-18 in ACC play and staying positive is much easier than when it actually plays out in front of us.

Definitely resonates with me. Watching these games is driving me crazy. It's not necessarily that we're losing but just the fact we don't even look like we belong. It's like the preseason exhibition D1 vs D2 games... wish we could at least have the #1 pick to look forward to for next year..

Reactions: Pav9870
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT