ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville Game Thread

What are you going to do? Milligan has an open three, passes it up - travel. Brown open for a layup, remembers the block - travel. Stevenson handling the ball too long on the break - turnover.

I would keep shooting the 3s and hope to hit them. Frame certainly needs to start hitting some.

I like to see more guys working on dribble penetration. Wilson-Frame can do it, and he seems to have completely forgone that part of the game.

Even Parker drove once and got fouled.

7-0 run and a charge!!
You play WVU, you not only get hit going for rebounding position, then you get hit going for the rebound, then you get hit AFTER every rebound.

Against Louisville, you get hit all over the floor.

I like to see more guys working on dribble penetration. Wilson-Frame can do it, and he seems to have completely forgone that part of the game.

Even Parker drove once and got fouled.

I think with some of the other parts on this team if we had a superior ball handler a dribble drive offense might suit it pretty well.

Unfortunately, we do not have that superior ball handler.

I have to give SMF credit, lots of commentator talk about our very own “Drab Five” freshmen starters.

I have to give SMF credit, lots of commentator talk about our very own “Drab Five” freshmen starters.

Yeah, they are talking about it. But not in the way he thinks they will. Not once have they said anything like "Pitt started five freshmen tonight, look out they are really going to be something in the future."

JWF has to either be drunk or high.
Horrible sequence - telegraphed pass leads to steal and score - Stevenson weak attempt at a layup - score at the other end.

Too many of those sequences. Hope we are learning something from these mistakes.

Reactions: jctrack
Yeah, they are talking about it. But not in the way he thinks they will. Not once have they said anything like "Pitt started five freshmen tonight, look out they are really going to be something in the future."

The have said "Stallings has a nice foundation for the future."

You have to be at least a little encouraged by stewart’s progression on offense, right, DT?

One thing-

As frustrating as last year was to watch, when the shot clock was going down, Young or Artis wanted the ball in their hands and were skilled enough to convert many times.

This year, NOBODY wants the ball or really has any iso ability. It's scary to watch.

Nice drive by JWF. Excellent suggestion by the PantherLair coaches. Glad he's been reading.

Reactions: FireballZ
One thing-

As frustrating as last year was to watch, when the shot clock was going down, Young or Artis wanted the ball in their hands and were skilled enough to convert many times.

This year, NOBODY wants the ball or really has any iso ability. It's scary to watch.
I think you have to view these games with rose-colored glasses this season. If they make 40% of their wide open looks, this is a single digit game. If you miss open shots against Louisville they will kill you in transition as you try to get back on D.

You fav Parker has looked fine tonight. Maybe the only Panther who hasn't looked overmatched in this one.

He's been our best player tonight.

And while that could be considered to be damning someone with faint praise given the way this game has gone, that is most certainly not what I am intending.

Reactions: gary2
We have been giving Monty Boykins more of a run tonight than I would have expected, and I still can't figure out why.

Stallings is going to have to be ruthless after this season and clear room for scholarships for a couple more legitimate ACC level players.

The question is - even if he does that - is he capable of recruiting the type of talent he needs? I’m not confident that he is.

Team doesn’t quit!
This sounds horrible regarding what used to be a high-level program and I might be wrong but I think that might be the most important thing we see this year.

A big part of how I’m looking at this year is how The players continue to take Stallings and the rest of the staffs coaching. If they are out there battling and buying into what the coaching staff is trying to accomplish then I will take it. Recruiting is about relationships we all know that and word of mouth being relayed to AAU teams we might be able to build this back up.

He just said "Terrel Brown is going to terrific." But I can't believe there was a single thing he saw in this game that makes him believe this.

Did 2 of our players get bumped before that attempted dunk?

I want to see some Driscoll, Corbett, Dorsey, O'Connell, Eades etc.

Hell - I would even take Luckie

He just said "Terrel Brown is going to terrific." But I can't believe there was a single thing he saw in this game that makes him believe this.

The only commentator who I felt gave an accurate depiction of our program this year was Gottlieb on the Facebook Live broadcast vs Duquesne.

The guy tonight has absolutely no clue.

Reactions: Haydman
Stewart has missed a couple lately, but is doing OK with the ball in his hands.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT