ADVERTISEMENT

Mama bear says not tonight for reid

Why would you add Duke to this?

Duke is one of the few not tied to violations and typically don’t get those kinda players.
Seriously? Duke cheats their ass off. Kids aren't turning down extra benefits from UK & UNC because they oh-so- badly want to play at Duke.

Last edited:
Seriously? Duke cheats their ass off. Kids aren't turning down extra benefits from UK & UNC because they oh-so- badly want to play at Duke.

Im guessing you’re joking

it’s one of the top schools in the country with arguably the top coach and a rich history. Never had a sanction, and frankly if they did cheat, Capel would have been one of the people able to do that, and would have been tied into a lot of people that would have / could have sent some our way.

Cmon, Zion turned down 100k and an apartment from Kansas because he loved coach K

Duke rolls in the mud just as much, if not more so, as everyone else. Some people can just afford better washing machines than others

Did Duke have to “work” to get a guy like Blakes? No, of course not but if you’re talking at the Zion level then yes, Duke is no different than UK/LSU/etc. except they know how to stay off the radar

it’s one of the top schools in the country with arguably the top coach and a rich history. Never had a sanction, and frankly if they did cheat, Capel would have been one of the people able to do that, and would have been tied into a lot of people that would have / could have sent some our way.
Wait, so you really think Marvin Bagley and Zion Williamson made more money in HS than college?

you realize that it currently costs 10,000 for Emoni Bates to go somewhere. Where do you think that money goes?

Last edited:

Capel used to openly joke about his reputation as the bag man at Duke #duffelbagboyz

At the end of the day, we’re one of the three teams involved for this kid. We’re doing what we need to do to meet the prerequisites to be in the conversation.

Capel used to openly joke about his reputation as the bag man at Duke #duffelbagboyz

At the end of the day, we’re one of the three teams involved for this kid. We’re doing what we need to do to meet the prerequisites to be in the conversation.
It’s a 2 chain song reference and Capel sticking his finger in the eye of those calling dirty
You were in the right church but wrong pew

Reactions: President Stache

He's one of the top coaches because he's one of the best and at cheating.

Just because Capel coached there, doesn't mean he gets in on the action when he leaves. Being a part of it got Capel a nice contract at Pitt. It's up to him to find out what works at Pitt and try to either change the culture or adapt to it.

He's one of the top coaches because he's one of the best and at cheating.

Just because Capel coached there, doesn't mean he gets in on the action when he leaves. Being a part of it got Capel a nice contract at Pitt. It's up to him to find out what works at Pitt and try to either change the culture or adapt to it.
Pitt at one time elected to join the win at all costs club and they subsequently won a national championship in Fb in 76 and had numerous great Fb and Bb players choose to come to Pitt to further their education . In the hey days of the BE they had great teams filled with highly sought after players , but the eggheads took control of the athletic department and disbanded the Golden Panthers . You know the rest of the story ......

What Ben H and JD were able to do with the Bb program was remarkable under the limitations imposed , but as time wore on JD was trending in the wrong direction in the ACC. There’s no doubt in my mind Pitt would be far better off today had JD been retained ,but his head would be on the chopping block now instead of JC . The program we all loved was no longer , he had one more season with the Young Artis group before the roof caved in on him . It wouldn’t have been as dreadful as the KS era or as bad as it is now , but it wouldn’t have been acceptable either .

Pitts just not able or willing to offer the same the package to perspective recruits , you want to blame JC , well that’s your prerogative, but I honestly believe any coach that they can hire and let me emphasize the word CAN will be working under the same working restrictions and doomed to fail .

The only chance they have is if JC has laid the groundwork for further classes and has kids and their parents want him to coach them or their child . I think the only reason they’re even in the conversation with Reid is that his mom likes JC .

Get a load of this comment. You have got to be joking. Duke cheats as much as all of the other programs. I’ll let you in on something. There isn’t one top program that doesn’t significantly bend the rules. Not one. That’s how they get to where they are, and most importantly, stay there.

There are systematic safeguards in place by all the top programs.

I wonder if it's gonna be a surprise announcement or one that is planned for a particular date again?

Get a load of this comment. You have got to be joking. Duke cheats as much as all of the other programs. I’ll let you in on something. There isn’t one top program that doesn’t significantly bend the rules. Not one. That’s how they get to where they are, and most importantly, stay there.

There are systematic safeguards in place by all the top programs.

Really. I guess everyone else is just to stupid to figure out safeguards. You're answer is ridiculous.

Fact is nobody here knows what the hell these programs do or don't do. It seems obvious successful programs have a leg up with the up and coming players.

I reject the idea only schools like Duke are able to implement safeguards to project their cheating while other schools are unable to. What a stupid statement, and also calling the hundreds of programs out there ignorant, but yet here at rivals one forum member has got it! He got it! Come on, man!

I wonder if it's gonna be a surprise announcement or one that is planned for a particular date again?
A
https://www.startribune.com/chet-ho...y-college-choice-gonzaga-minnesota/600047354/

Chet Holmgren committing today. #1 player in the country, 7'1". OSU is a finalist. Maybe this helps us with Reid?
OSU seems out for Reid with the Indiana transfer committing. Maybe Holmgren will surprise and commit to Hamilton and FSU!

As we've seen very recently, having overly involved parents within the program hasn't yielded the kind of results most of us are hoping for.
An overly involved grandparent is the only reason Dejuan Blair ended up at Pitt. He was all but signed, sealed and delivered to Bruce Pearl until Grandma made her presence felt at the last minute. His parents LOVED Pearl and wanted to get their son as far away from The Hill as they could.

https://www.startribune.com/chet-ho...y-college-choice-gonzaga-minnesota/600047354/

Chet Holmgren committing today. #1 player in the country, 7'1". OSU is a finalist. Maybe this helps us with Reid?
That kid is a couple thousand bacon dozen double cheeseburgers and a year or two of living in the weight room from being anywhere near ready to step in and play an effective center in a P5 league.

I know he has a lot of skill talent, but have you seen his physique? 7' and 190 #s. It's almost hard to even look at him. he makes a young Shawn Bradley look like Shaq Diesel physically.

9009128.jpg

Reactions: Crappy Davenpot
That kid is a couple thousand bacon dozen double cheeseburgers and a year or two of living in the weight room from being anywhere near ready to step in and play an effective center in a P5 league.

I know he has a lot of skill talent, but have you seen his physique? 7' and 190 #s. It's almost hard to even look at him. he makes a young Shawn Bradley look like Shaq Diesel physically.

9009128.jpg
He’s not a center

Reactions: TheLogicalTake
I see nothing wrong with a kid and his family taking a long time to decide. But I see a whole lot wrong with a huge announcement about "Look at me, I will be making this decision at such and such a time" and then not following through....seems like someone who likes to be recruited and sought after so if he isn't one of the NBA ready top 40 or so, it will be see you later anyway ....
People's circumstances and situations change. It really isn't a big deal.

The kid has numerous good options to make potentially the most important decision of his life. His mom is engaged and involved and looks to be running some interference for him which are not negative things.

he has always been a long shot for Pitt and he still is.

9009128.jpg

He would be well served staying out of a P5 conference for the reasons you stated.

Well, I doubt very much that any of the posters on here vigorously sounding the alarms are losing any sleep over it either. They’re just posting their thoughts on a Pitt BB message board. Others can disagree on the sounding of alarms. Sounds like a good topic for ‘civil’ debate.

I don’t visit any other school FB/BB message boards. I always wonder if their discussions are as civil as ours herein or if posters instead pounce all over other posters who are all common fans of the same school.
Post of the year candidate right here.

Reasonable perspective has always been in short order around here.

Reactions: gary2
I've heard all about his perimeter skills. Where do you think he's going to play on defense? It can only be one position, and he's gonna get pushed around in there.
Everywhere? He’s a 7 foot athletic stud. If Gonzaga uses him as a stretch 5 then traditional 5’s won’t be able to play

I’m not saying he is this caliber of player, but he has the exact same height and build of Kevin Durant at Texas

I love Dakich. Fantastic color guy on Xs and Os. Straight shooter. Will frequently call out the phonies. Entertaining guy.
Sure. this is one of my personal favorites:

Dakich said Hargett told him that he had been promised $20,000 a year for three years, and that he had not been paid the full amount.

It's OK to enjoy that clown and acknowledge he's the functional moron that he is. You can have him and any game that he does- he's too annoying for me.
This is pretty much how I view him.

He makes the broadcast all about himself.

Wait, so you really think Marvin Bagley and Zion Williamson made more money in HS than college?

you realize that it currently costs 10,000 for Emoni Bates to go somewhere. Where do you think that money goes?
Huh? bates has been committed to Michigan State for nearly a year and if he goes anywhere else it will be straight to the G league, which is the most likely scenario.

Really. I guess everyone else is just to stupid to figure out safeguards. You're answer is ridiculous.

Fact is nobody here knows what the hell these programs do or don't do. It seems obvious successful programs have a leg up with the up and coming players.

I reject the idea only schools like Duke are able to implement safeguards to project their cheating while other schools are unable to. What a stupid statement, and also calling the hundreds of programs out there ignorant, but yet here at rivals one forum member has got it! He got it! Come on, man!
Some programs become self-fulfilling prophecies. I'd say Duke has been one of those for a couple of decades now. I don't think they need to cheat to get the players they get. I'd never say never, but I just don't see it.

Pitt basketball has become a self-fulfilling prophecy at the other end of the spectrum. Some level of rule bending might be the only realistic way to get it back to respectable or beyond.

9009128.jpg

this isn't saying much, but he'd dismantle Max and Max has the size for P5 hoops. He would legit destroy him. This kid can ball. He's the #1 kid in the class and your take is he isn't P5 ready? lol what?

I love Dakich. Fantastic color guy on Xs and Os. Straight shooter. Will frequently call out the phonies. Entertaining guy.
Couldn't disagree more. He is a whiny know-it-all and is the only one who comes close to Dickie V. in terms of being annoying to listen to.

Everywhere? He’s a 7 foot athletic stud. If Gonzaga uses him as a stretch 5 then traditional 5’s won’t be able to play

I’m not saying he is this caliber of player, but he has the exact same height and build of Kevin Durant at Texas
In fairness, Durant was 6'9 and 205 coming out of HS. He was thin but this guy is grotesquely so--and Holmgren is not the explosively quick athlete coming out of HS that KD was.

I'm not disputing his talent, I just think he will need to get bigger and stronger. Gonzaga would be the best choice for him, they play in a far less physical league than his other choices.

Reactions: Crappy Davenpot
this isn't saying much, but he'd dismantle Max and Max has the size for P5 hoops. He would legit destroy him. This kid can ball. He's the #1 kid in the class and your take is he isn't P5 ready? lol what?
My take is he's going to get pushed around in the painted area by physical centers and 4s, especially at the defensive end where he will have to play around the rim. If he goes to Gonzaga that will be less of an issue in their league.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT