ADVERTISEMENT

Man is Pitt trying to milk this Duke game for all it's worth

$115 a seat for the last row up top in the arena? Wow.
That is absurd. Pitt gives us 2 months of crap teams, then makes the fans pay crazy prices when they most likely will quit at the end and get blown out by 25.

Thank you captain obvious.

I'm curious how many seats they made available to the public. Looked like there were still a good amount available.

Well, Pitt was about 2000-2500 tickets short of selling out the season.......so that many.

The price isnt too bad. I mean the game is going to sell out. It'll be our true sellout of the season, not counting UVa when we gave away a few thousand to students.

The $115 was a little high and Pitt was struggling to sell them so they put several hundred on Stubhub and were selling them for as little as $79 and they've sold most of those. Their partnership with Stubhub allows them to do that. They still have about 50 tickets on Stubhub to go along with other fans and brokers.

But, at the end of the day, the majority of the tickets will be bought for $115 so I'd say they priced it pretty good unlike some other games where they sold close to 0 tickets.

I'll probably end up paying $60 or $70 for mine.

Reactions: Cavalier Panther
Well, Pitt was about 2000-2500 tickets short of selling out the season.......so that many.

The price isnt too bad. I mean the game is going to sell out. It'll be our true sellout of the season, not counting UVa when we gave away a few thousand to students.

The $115 was a little high and Pitt was struggling to sell them so they put several hundred on Stubhub and were selling them for as little as $79 and they've sold most of those. Their partnership with Stubhub allows them to do that. They still have about 50 tickets on Stubhub to go along with other fans and brokers.

But, at the end of the day, the majority of the tickets will be bought for $115 so I'd say they priced it pretty good unlike some other games where they sold close to 0 tickets.

I honestly believe even this game won't sell out. The only way it will of a boatload of Duke fans buy up the tickets.

I honestly believe even this game won't sell out. The only way it will of a boatload of Duke fans buy up the tickets.
What would be sad is if their fans travel better than ours, to our own home court. Their fans go everywhere (or live everywhere). Better add I am saying this tongue in cheek. Not totally serious.

Pitt seemed to go all in this year on variable pricing for tickets. Every game sold for a different single game price depending on the perceived quality of the opponent and whether the game was a weeknight game or a weekend game. I think in several instances they missed the mark on what the price should have been. I'm not sure Duke is one of them.

So what is the point of Pitt doing that with Stubhub? To give the illusion that tickets are selling at Pitt's predetermined price, while trying to sneak tickets into the secondary market, all while the casual fan has no idea the tickets on Stubhub are coming directly from Pitt? That's a lot of work to maintain the image of Pitt basketball being a hot ticket.

That is absurd. Pitt gives us 2 months of crap teams, then makes the fans pay crazy prices when they most likely will quit at the end and get blown out by 25.
You wrongly predicted that they wouldn't win another game. Hey, I'll sell you my two for $675.00/each.

I was talking to Poker.
Why do you have to be sarcastic with me? I said basically the same thing as TiredRam and you pick me to give the smart remark. Not cool and disappointing. Thought you were better than that.

Why do you have to be sarcastic with me? I said basically the same thing as TiredRam and you pick me to give the smart remark. Not cool and disappointing. Thought you were better than that.
It was a joke. Lighten up, Francis.

So what is the point of Pitt doing that with Stubhub? To give the illusion that tickets are selling at Pitt's predetermined price, while trying to sneak tickets into the secondary market, all while the casual fan has no idea the tickets on Stubhub are coming directly from Pitt? That's a lot of work to maintain the image of Pitt basketball being a hot ticket.

The point of it is that Pitt (like almost all sports teams) do not dynamic price. I think the Pirates dynamic price now and Barnes said at the Town Hall that Pitt will be doing more dynamic pricing. So, since they are not dynamic pricing right now, they set a price and hope people buy it at that price. There's no way to change it. So, when the price they set is too high, they list tickets on Stubhub lower....mostly just for games where we cant have empty seats. They did this for ND and FSU on football where they listed entire sections on Stubhub.

I dont think its being sneaky. Its smart. If people dont want to pay the price Pitt sets, they sometimes put them on Stubhub for lower. Honestly, buying tickets through the sports team is getting to be more like watching VHS tapes and standard-def TVs. Its an outdated way to buy tickets with today's technology. Pitt knows this and starting next year, you will probably see them doing their own dynamic pricing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT