ADVERTISEMENT

Marcus Carr

Carr has improved because he has a coach. At Pitt, he had no coach.

But seriously, who cares? He now plays in some league that's irrelevant to us now. So he's irrelevant. Just ignore him and move on. We have our own team to watch. What is this fascination with the B1G or with Carr? It's kind of weird.

True, but he has "improved" because he shoots more now. He has better players around him and he takes more shots than he did at Pitt. His shooting percentages are still low and very similar to when he was at Pitt. X, who isn't considered a great shooter, has better shooting percentages from the floor, from the 3 point line, and from the FT line.

Pitt fans are weird in that they can't let things go, so they keep bringing them up over and over again. I just don't think he's as good as some Pitt fans do.

True, but he has "improved" because he shoots more now. He has better players around him and he takes more shots than he did at Pitt. His shooting percentages are still low and very similar to when he was at Pitt. X, who isn't considered a great shooter, has better shooting percentages from the floor, from the 3 point line, and from the FT line.

Pitt fans are weird in that they can't let things go, so they keep bringing them up over and over again. I just don't think he's as good as some Pitt fans do.

Good points. I can't say if he's as good as some Pitt fans think he is. But then again, I don't care. Unless he's wearing a Pitt uniform or we're playing the team he might be on, and neither one of those is the case, he's irrelevant.

Reactions: rrig5
Good points. I can't say if he's as good as some Pitt fans think he is. But then again, I don't care. Unless he's wearing a Pitt uniform or we're playing the team he might be on, and neither one of those is the case, he's irrelevant.

When it comes to Carrs, I don't care about Marcus anymore than I do about ML or Austin. Or even that Ric Ocasek guy.

Carr has improved because he has a coach. At Pitt, he had no coach.

But seriously, who cares? He now plays in some league that's irrelevant to us now. So he's irrelevant. Just ignore him and move on. We have our own team to watch. What is this fascination with the B1G or with Carr? It's kind of weird.
Carr improved because he is no longer a freshman playing with other freshmen not recruited by Duke.

And no one cares that you don't care.

Carr improved because he is no longer a freshman playing with other freshmen not recruited by Duke.

And no one cares that you don't care.

And no one cares that you don't care that I don't care. See, we can keep this going a long time. Sheesh, it's a freakin' message board, and a sports message board to boot where nothing that really means anything is discussed. Get a grip!

Carr was money late last night in taking down the despised Buckeyes.

Good for him.
I watched the game. He certainly was.

He scored the last 5 points in a come from behind victory, a difficult left hander after driving from right to left into the lane, followed by a long 3 point bomb to seal it.

Reactions: LeftCoastPanther
And no one cares that you don't care that I don't care. See, we can keep this going a long time. Sheesh, it's a freakin' message board, and a sports message board to boot where nothing that really means anything is discussed. Get a grip!
Exactly. The title of the thread is clearly marked “Marcus Carr” so if you don’t care about him you can easily stay away from the discussion.

We care as much as some of you mopes cared about Johnson when he left for greener pastures. At least Carr chose to play on a team that didn't play against us.

There’s a simple difference. Once is a Pitt alum and one isn’t.

Those of you that don’t give a dam about a kid who came here and tried his heart out , while he and his teammates were ridiculed and abandoned by Panther fans need to take a deep look at yourselves . Not following a kids career once he leaves here is ok , but saying I don’t give a damm what he does if he’s not a Panther says something not very flattering about you . These are all young kids who you should hope for the best no matter what school they play for . Pitt isn’t always the best place for everybody !

Reactions: JD1976
Breaking News Car is not walking through Pitts doors. Please let him go I know it hurts some people to do so. Lol
I'm sure some of you guys ex girlfriends probably had to get papers on you guys to leave them alone because you just can't get over them. :p:p

So one was vilified along with his team and chose to leave a toxic environment opposed to one who could have stuck around but didn't and chose to rain threes on his alma mater.

Didn't realize graduation was the litmus test. I assume we should table anymore discussion about Adams. Or is it OK because he wasn't a Stallings recruit?

Cam graduated from Pitt, which is the one and only objective. What he chose to do after graduation is his business. And just because it was at a better program than Pitt's and he decided that staying at Pitt under Stallings was the worst thing he could possibly do, Pitt fans' noses get bent out of shape. Deal with it.

I wonder if Carr will grad transfer to a blue blood like Kentucky, Kansas, etc after next season. He has All-America potential. To be fair, I didn't think he'd be THIS good. I said potential all-league, not potentia All-American
I hope he does not transfer so I can continue to root for him. One could argue that he is playing better than Cassius Winston who gets all the Big 10 press coverage. He is absolutely an all-league first teamer, and potential all-american with the way is currently performing.

Cam graduated from Pitt, which is the one and only objective. What he chose to do after graduation is his business. And just because it was at a better program than Pitt's and he decided that staying at Pitt under Stallings was the worst thing he could possibly do, Pitt fans' noses get bent out of shape. Deal with it.
Let’s get this straight , your main concern for these kids is that they graduate school ! Most of these kids have no business being admitted to the schools they attend .

Cam jumped ship when the entire offense was going to be built around him and basically his departure guaranteed Pitt to become the laughing stock of college bb . To make matters worse he went to an ACC
foe . He’s the one ex Panther I can’t root for .

I hope he does not transfer so I can continue to root for him. One could argue that he is playing better than Cassius Winston who gets all the Big 10 press coverage. He is absolutely an all-league first teamer, and potential all-american with the way is currently performing.

At his size, if he keeps progressing, he'd probably leave early for the NBA instead of grad transferring adding to the list of illustrious Pitt alums who made the NBA after leaving Pitt after 2 seasons of fewer

Cam
Adams
Birch
Carr

Let’s get this straight , your main concern for these kids is that they graduate school ! Most of these kids have no business being admitted to the schools they attend .

Cam jumped ship when the entire offense was going to be built around him and basically his departure guaranteed Pitt to become the laughing stock of college bb . To make matters worse he went to an ACC
Dude - you're arguing with the biggest JD ball hugger on the board. He used to stalk him and jog by his house all the time, by his own admission. He'll never speak ill on anything JD, including that lucky recruit, Cam, who turned out to be a turncoat to Pitt - and will never give a sliver of credit to anything Stalling's related. Do yourself a favor and put him on ignore.

Dude - you're arguing with the biggest JD ball hugger on the board. He used to stalk him and jog by his house all the time, by his own admission. He'll never speak ill on anything JD, including that lucky recruit, Cam, who turned out to be a turncoat to Pitt - and will never give a sliver of credit to anything Stalling's related. Do yourself a favor and put him on ignore.

How is he a turncoat? Cam graduated and then attended a graduate school that would best position him for a successful career. Why are you both so bitter?

Screw Cam and his brother Puff. I really hope this year is not an anomaly for Carolina. That cheating outfit will rebound unfortunately. I absolutely hate North Carolina basketball. They are right there with Notre Dame football, the Philly Flyers and Boston Bruins, and the Baltimore Ravens. I cannot and will not root for any member of these teams.

My buddy has one of those little Carolina flags on a little pole in front of his house. Every time I go over there, I make sure he sees me wipe my a$$ on that flag.

Screw Cam and his brother Puff. I really hope this year is not an anomaly for Carolina. That cheating outfit will rebound unfortunately. I absolutely hate North Carolina basketball. They are right there with Notre Dame football, the Philly Flyers and Boston Bruins, and the Baltimore Ravens. I cannot and will not root for any member of these teams.

My buddy has one of those little Carolina flags on a little pole in front of his house. Every time I go over there, I make sure he sees me wipe my a$$ on that flag.

Did Cam and his brother beat you up?

How is he a turncoat? Cam graduated and then attended a graduate school that would best position him for a successful career. Why are you both so bitter?
Cam is like the homely girl who you were always nice to that turned into the prom queen and didn’t want anything to do with you .

I wouldn’t have held it against him had he gone to TCU and his former coach .

From a selfish point of view he did what was best for him , but hiding behind a grad program ....give me a break .

Cam is like the homely girl who you were always nice to that turned into the prom queen and didn’t want anything to do with you .

I wouldn’t have held it against him had he gone to TCU and his former coach .

From a selfish point of view he did what was best for him , but hiding behind a grad program ....give me a break .

Your analogy is some classic “nice guy BS.” That homely girl doesn’t owe you shit because you were nice to her.

Cam busted his ass and earned his degree from Pitt and advanced his career as best he could. We should celebrate his success and the great way he represented Pitt.

Your analogy is some classic “nice guy BS.” That homely girl doesn’t owe you shit because you were nice to her.

Cam busted his ass and earned his degree from Pitt and advanced his career as best he could. We should celebrate his success and the great way he represented Pitt.
Each to their own you root for Cam I rather root for a guys like Carr and Stewart .

True, but he has "improved" because he shoots more now.

To put some numbers on this:

At Pitt: 81.8% on ones, 43.8% on twos, 33.3% on threes, 34.4 assist rate, 23.9 turnover rate, 32.8 free throw rate

At Minnesota: 74.4% on ones, 41.1% on twos, 34.1% on threes, 37.6 assist rate, 16.6 turnover rate, 47.0 free throw rate

In other words, pretty similar numbers. His biggest improvements are not turning the ball over as much and getting to the free throw line more often. But here is the big difference. In his year at Pitt he played 71.0% of the minutes, at Minnesota he's playing 90.7% of the minutes. That has made it so that he's already shot way more foul shots this season than he did his season here. He's only taken two fewer twos in 13 fewer games. And he's taking almost 1-1/2 threes per game more than he did when he was here.

Reactions: below0w

At Pitt: 81.8% on ones, 43.8% on twos, 33.3% on threes, 34.4 assist rate, 23.9 turnover rate, 32.8 free throw rate

At Minnesota: 74.4% on ones, 41.1% on twos, 34.1% on threes, 37.6 assist rate, 16.6 turnover rate, 47.0 free throw rate

In other words, pretty similar numbers. His biggest improvements are not turning the ball over as much and getting to the free throw line more often. But here is the big difference. In his year at Pitt he played 71.0% of the minutes, at Minnesota he's playing 90.7% of the minutes. That has made it so that he's already shot way more foul shots this season than he did his season here. He's only taken two fewer twos in 13 fewer games. And he's taking almost 1-1/2 threes per game more than he did when he was here.

Another key difference is that he has a point guard's best friend at Minny - a dominant big. Daniel Oturu is the best player on their roster by a country mile.

Sure, but he’s a good player at Minnesota and he would have been a good player at Pitt.

This isn’t directed at you Joe, but this must be among the most tiresome debates ever on the Lair.

He’s good enough that he certainly would have helped had he stuck around.

But he didn’t.

Because of this, we replaced him with some other good players.

Neither Carr, nor the players we have instead are All-American program changers.

I simply don’t know know why he gets the attention he gets here.

Reactions: PittInMissouri

Only certain obsessed weirdos

Carr is the Todd graham ot hoops
1 year , no success , and left
Eff him and his fanboys

Reactions: Ski11585
Did Cam and his brother beat you up?
Yes. I am still recovering, but haven't made it all the way back yet. Let me make it simple for you, if you go to Carolina you are dead to me.

As for Marcus Carr, I enjoy watching him play. I also like Minnesota's team. I am a fan of college basketball and in particular, the University of Pittsburgh. That said, I can like other players and other teams. If, because you are a Pitt fan, you hate Carr because he left Pitt, and is dead to you, I respect that.

Sure, but he’s a good player at Minnesota and he would have been a good player at Pitt.

This isn’t directed at you Joe, but this must be among the most tiresome debates ever on the Lair.

He’s good enough that he certainly would have helped had he stuck around.

But he didn’t.

Because of this, we replaced him with some other good players.

Neither Carr, nor the players we have instead are All-American program changers.

I simply don’t know know why he gets the attention he gets here.

I agree with you 100% that he is a good player for Minnesota and he would be a good player if he were still here at Pitt.

Also also share your mystification as to why he gets any attention at all here. If he were playing for someone on our schedule then I could at least understand it to some degree. But he is no more relevant to Pitt than any other random good player at any other random school that we don't play.

Reactions: HailToPitt1985
I agree with you 100% that he is a good player for Minnesota and he would be a good player if he were still here at Pitt.

Also also share your mystification as to why he gets any attention at all here. If he were playing for someone on our schedule then I could at least understand it to some degree. But he is no more relevant to Pitt than any other random good player at any other random school that we don't play.
I think it is noteworthy in that he was a former Panther and is performing very well. As a fan of the game, I can appreciate a former Panther who is having a nice season. I do agree with you. If he were not a former Panther, this thread pobably wouldn't exist.

Only certain obsessed weirdos

Carr is the Todd graham ot hoops
1 year , no success , and left
Eff him and his fanboys

Not being a fanboy at all, just watch a shit ton of college basketball and have an interest in Carr as I thought other than Johnson he was the only guy that left that I wish had stayed at Pitt. Hell, I followed Birch’s career relatively closely too with him being a local (for me) player as well.

There’s room here to discuss college basketball in general as fans, not just Pitt basketball. One of the things I like most about this board is how many college basketball degenerates there are on here. I usually attend games in at least 3 conference tournaments and multiple holiday tournaments every year, it makes me feel slightly better about myself that others love the sport as much as I do.

Yes. I am still recovering, but haven't made it all the way back yet. Let me make it simple for you, if you go to Carolina you are dead to me.

As for Marcus Carr, I enjoy watching him play. I also like Minnesota's team. I am a fan of college basketball and in particular, the University of Pittsburgh. That said, I can like other players and other teams. If, because you are a Pitt fan, you hate Carr because he left Pitt, and is dead to you, I respect that.
So
Can sticks with Pitt 3 years and graduates with honors early- and is dead to you
Carr plays one season which was historically bad - and then fled- and folks enjoy him? Weird

That's not exactly what I'm saying however. From what I understand, Carr and Stewart (and the whole 0-19 team for that matter) was oddly connected to Stallings. From the minute Stallings was fired, Carr and Stewart pretty much decided they would go. It likely didn't matter all that much who they hired -- those guys were displeased with Pitt.

The way someone explained it to me was … when things are really, really bad, you become very attached to those you go through the situation with. That team also didn't feel like anyone supported them. Not the Pitt administration, not the fans, etc. The only people who the players felt supported them was the coaching staff, and it created real loyalty among the team.
And there is alot of truth in those feelings, right? The entire University and city abandoned them.

Reactions: NCanton Panther

It would have been interesting if we replaced Jamie with Capel without the Stallings detour. Because from the opening PC with Stallings, it was obvious this was not going to turn out good.

Well, we know stats can never be deceiving. You have convinced me. He hasnt improved since his time at Pitt and isnt an ACC-level player. You guys were all right. I was wrong.

Well, we know stats can never be deceiving. You have convinced me. He hasnt improved since his time at Pitt and isnt an ACC-level player. You guys were all right. I was wrong.
Looking at stats may not show his improvement. He looks like a much a better player and you can see that he is already a leader on that Minnesota team and the guy they want taking the big shots.

Reactions: BFo8 and HOF Coach
Looking at stats may not show his improvement. He looks like a much a better player and you can see that he is already a leader on that Minnesota team and the guy they want taking the big shots.
11-8 Minnesota
1-6 on the road
Leadership

glad he makes you happy
He’s just a dude on another middling team to me

I’ll root for the kids in the Pitt jerseys . You can keep rooting for a kid who hasn’t been gone twice as long as he played at Pitt

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT