ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Madden is gold right now

I dunno, I am watching KDKA and they are leading off with the new video evidence and new criminal charges in the PSU Frat death. You guys just choose to see and hear what you want to.

What "good" do you want the local news to cover with Pitt? What, that Ben DiNucci delivered the newspaper on time as a kid?

Persevering against Youngstown State?

Come on.
Or being able to "hang tough" and almost pull out a basketball win vs. the Big Sky Conferences' #3 ranked team, that last beat an ACC team in 1965! LOL :)

I watched that game online, As a few dozen watched inside the Pete and felt it wasn't fair to the ACC to count Montana's win as beating a Power 5 program.

Anyone remember Rocco Pendola? I remember listening to him while driving around with my Dad. The hatred his callers had toward him was truly remarkable. Remember once someone sent in some food to the studio and then he referenced how appreciative he was. Multiple people called in after and said that they had sent it and it was poisoned.

I don't think he was here very long but it was a blast to listen to

Last edited:
Anyone remember Rocco Pendola? I remember listening to him while driving around with my Dad. The hatred his callers had toward him was truly remarkable. Remember one someone sent in some food to the studio and then he referenced how appreciative it was. Multiple people called in after and said that they had sent it and it was poisoned.

Thor Tolo, "don't forget about me".

Anyone remember Rocco Pendola? I remember listening to him while driving around with my Dad. The hatred his callers had toward him was truly remarkable. Remember one someone sent in some food to the studio and then he referenced how appreciative it was. Multiple people called in after and said that they had sent it and it was poisoned.

I thought George Von Benko got the worse treatment here.

I glad you are satisfied with mediocrity. I'm not. These things need to be said, because it is the truth. Maybe the administration was listening or word will get back to them and they will be a little inspired. The truth about Pitt is embarrassing. If you want a bunch of bobblehead yes men in your media go follow PSU. Truth hurts.

Mark has talked in the past about how he loved going to Pitt stadium to see football games with his late mother. He is not a Pitt hater. There is just nothing good to say, and there hasn't been for a good while.

Mediocre is 6-6. 4-8 is just plain bad. Hopefully Narduzzi has a bang up recruiting class and gets back to 8+ wins. I have some serious doubts though, particularly based upon what I have seen out of his ability to develop and recruit a QB that is a winner. Hail to Pitt!

Mediocre is 6-6. 4-8 is just plain bad. Hopefully Narduzzi has a bang up recruiting class and gets back to 8+ wins. I have some serious doubts though, particularly based upon what I have seen out of his ability to develop and recruit a QB that is a winner. Hail to Pitt!

But this year was always going to be a backslide. I was thinking 5-7. I am not upset at the record, so much as I am upset at the same mistakes in many cases, the handling of the QB situation and also recruiting.

Thor Tolo! Wow! I hated that guy with a passion. I've met him a couple times since and he's is the nicest person you could imagine, to the point that I kinda feel bad for despising him. I even told him so. He just laughed about it. He was screwed by his producers. They told him to act like a jerk on the air and they said it would be great. It totally bombed!

He is really cool about it. He just said that he didn't have the chops to pull it off like others can. He got a job on radio in Washington state through family connections and now makes more money than anyone he left behind here and gets on a few national broadcasts as a guest host. He still has family here and loves the area.

Thor Tolo! Wow! I hated that guy with a passion. I've met him a couple times since and he's is the nicest person you could imagine, to the point that I kinda feel bad for despising him. I even told him so. He just laughed about it. He was screwed by his producers. They told him to act like a jerk on the air and they said it would be great. It totally bombed!

He is really cool about it. He just said that he didn't have the chops to pull it off like others can. He got a job on radio in Washington state through family connections and now makes more money than anyone he left behind here and gets on a few national broadcasts as a guest host. He still has family here and loves the area.

interesting. btw speaking of former personalities, whatever happened to Ellis Cannon & his brother?

"Slick" is right. If Pitt had blown its season like UPS just did the media ,starting with Starkey and his butt buddy " Mullsey" would be all over Duzz and the coordinators. They blew a 2 touchdown lead with ten minutes left. Yet no criticism. Barkley has fallen off the radar but dum ass Colin Dumlap keeps calling him the best running back in football . ( Yes all of football ,including NFL) The media loves to jerk us off because its such easy pickings. Self hating Pitt fans like RECRUITS just fan the flames.
What you drinking I'd like a little?

Madden just weighed in on Pitt's embarrassing performance at the goal line on Saturday. Like Duzz, Mark put the blame squarely on the shoulders of the players (specifically the O-linemen). "If the linemen can't move the oppositin 4 feet in 4 plays they are s-a-w-f-t, SAWFT". He also called Duzz a blowhard "for bragging about getting 4 plays off in a limited amount of time" in the post game presser. Also said clock management by the coach left a lot to be desired and that there is plenty of other blame to go around for the fiasco.

Pitt talk and Nate Petermen talk coming up after the Mike Lange hockey segment, in case any of you Madden haters want to call in.

I remember him. Actually thought he had potential. Glad he escaped.

Madden just weighed in on Pitt's embarrassing performance at the goal line on Saturday. Like Duzz, Mark put the blame squarely on the shoulders of the players (specifically the O-linemen). "If the linemen can't move the oppositin 4 feet in 4 plays they are s-a-w-f-t, SAWFT". He also called Duzz a blowhard "for bragging about getting 4 plays off in a limited amount of time" in the post game presser. Also said clock management by the coach left a lot to be desired and that there is plenty of other blame to go around for the fiasco.

Pitt talk and Nate Petermen talk coming up after the Mike Lange hockey segment, in case any of you Madden haters want to call in.
Man, I'd hate to be on the EMT team that gets called to haul his fat behind to the ER when he finally blows a gasket. Human beings wear clothes for a reason. Madden is that reason.

He said at the end of the show he was bummed he didn't hear from more Pitt fans,but he understands because we are all depressed about what is going on. He reaffirmed that he likes Pitt, but just can't stand Duzz.

yeah i heard his comments on Narduzzi. Cowher could get away with his act towards the media since he won and won often. A coach with a losing record this year can't get away with it so much.

He said at the end of the show he was bummed he didn't hear from more Pitt fans,but he understands because we are all depressed about what is going on. He reaffirmed that he likes Pitt, but just can't stand Duzz.
Yeah, he’s not really a fan, but can definitely tell he likes Pitt. Had Narduzzi on his show when he first got hired. Could tell too by him tweeting in disgust after the VT loss too.

Probably because his mom did, or took him to games when he was young.

Why would I listen to a guy who doesn’t even care or know about the sport he is babbling about? Yinz are weird.

Yeah, he’s not really a fan, but can definitely tell he likes Pitt. Had Narduzzi on his show when he first got hired. Could tell too by him tweeting in disgust after the VT loss too.

Probably because his mom did, or took him to games when he was young.
Yep they had season seats at Pitt Stadium together. Probably fond memories.

yeah i heard his comments on Narduzzi. Cowher could get away with his act towards the media since he won and won often. A coach with a losing record this year can't get away with it so much.
Yes. At some point you'd think that Duzz will have to change his tune. He is far too big for his britches. I would probably suffer a heart attack if he every took responsibility for something bad that happened.

How about that little tidbit of info that Madden said about Duzz... He said that he has a friend that is high up in the university that told him when Narduzzi was hired that "Narduzzi is our coach for at least 10 years, because that is about the time they anticipate Mark Dantonio to retire". Also, "they know that this hire is an audition for his dream job just like the Chryst hire, but this one won't have such a short turn around".

Why would I listen to a guy who doesn’t even care or know about the sport he is babbling about? Yinz are weird.
I generally tune out when he talks about it... but he doesn’t much anyway.

Maybe I am weird if I find him entertaining elsewise, but then a lot of other people are weird too.

Hey man. I'm young and hip, but am missing out on a joke I think. Why do you and others misspell Walt Harris' name "WLAT"? I want to be in on the joke too.

Oh, and I listen to Madden because he is entertaining and makes me laugh on the regular. That isn't so hard to figure out. Plus I am a big Pens fan and he is by FAR the most knowledgeable hockey mind on radio in this town.

Last edited:
Hey man. I'm young and hip, but am missing out on a joke I think. Why do you and others misspell Walt Harris' name "WLAT"? I want to be in on the joke too.

Oh, and I listen to Madden because he is entertaining and makes me laugh on the regular. That isn't so hard to figure out. Plus I am a big Pens fan and he is by FAR the most knowledgeable hockey mind on radio in this town.
Self flattery.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

"Pitt has not understood it's place let alone embraced it. I don't know if it is fixable, but I know that it isn't fixable to the extent that Pitt's jackass big donors dream of"

"If Marino lived right down the street now, he would go to ND just like Jurkovec(sp). Pitt gets decent and instead of being happy, they blow it up expecting better".

He's on fire guys. He's laughing at those of you with twitter fingers that dream of Pitt's donors being able to get him fired.

"Pitt has not understood it's place let alone embraced it. I don't know if it is fixable, but I know that it isn't fixable to the extent that Pitt's jackass big donors dream of"

"If Marino lived right down the street now, he would go to ND just like Jurkovec(sp). Pitt gets decent and instead of being happy, they blow it up expecting better".

He's on fire guys. He's laughing at those of you with twitter fingers that dream of Pitt's donors being able to get him fired.

What is Pitt's place that people are so out of line with? It has been 35 years since Pitt finished a season with a Top 10 ranking. Haven't won 10 regular season games since 1981. Longest gap of ALL the schools in the ACC, including Maryland. A 10 win regular season shouldn't be too much to ask for every now and then. Even Wake Forest managed to win 10 regular season games and grab trip to the Orange Bowl in 2006. Duke was 10-2 regular season in 2013. Pitt... been trying for 35 years now... and that is WITH playing in a watered down Big East. Unbelievable.

As for the "you guys should call in!" stuff, I have called in (unrelated to Pitt. He was trolling Michael Jordan's accomplishments for some bizarre reason.) He hung up on me. What's the point of that? Obviously his show is geared to insulting the callers to please the listeners.

Don't worry I got my answer. WLAT is typo from fellow Harrison City legend Titleman. Have a good day buddy.

Oh, and it is called sarcasm.

It was also that he was doing it during a rant. He was going off about all of Harris’s shortcomings and there were Wlat’s all throughout. It was comedic gold.

What is Pitt's place that people are so out of line with? It has been 35 years since Pitt finished a season with a Top 10 ranking. Haven't won 10 regular season games since 1981. Longest gap of ALL the schools in the ACC, including Maryland. A 10 win regular season shouldn't be too much to ask for every now and then. Even Wake Forest managed to win 10 regular season games and grab trip to the Orange Bowl in 2006. Duke was 10-2 regular season in 2013. Pitt... been trying for 35 years now... and that is WITH playing in a watered down Big East. Unbelievable.
He was mainly talking about hoops. Meaning we had it good, but the dummy donors pushed for better, and now look what they have created.

It was also that he was doing it during a rant. He was going off about all of Harris’s shortcomings and there were Wlat’s all throughout. It was comedic gold.
"Wlat is gdo" i was told. LOL what a guy Titleman is. Haven't seen him in years. we need to stop by that tailgate next year.

More fun needs to be had when we go to the games because the results are generally so damn depressing.

As for the "you guys should call in!" stuff, I have called in (unrelated to Pitt. He was trolling Michael Jordan's accomplishments for some bizarre reason.) He hung up on me. What's the point of that? Obviously his show is geared to insulting the callers to please the listeners.
You just didn't have what it takes to go one on one with the great one. haha

Plus the NBA is his least favorite subject so he probably could give a shit less.

Last edited:
I think Madden probably had to overcome long odds to make it in this town. At least I think that is how he views his success.

Which to me...explains in part why he is a pitt fan....instead of jumping on the Steelers/ PSU bandwagon....he speaks well (for him) of pitt and the underdog role that they have been given around here

Reactions: bubba31
Mark doesn't understand the Duzz contract extension at this time. He would've waited to see what happened next year. He also said the contract makes no difference and Duzz can still leave whenever he wants.

I completely disagree. Things are looking up and this was the perfect time for this move. This is the type of thing that we are not used to regarding Pitt Football and is a welcomed change. I love the commitment. Hopefully that increase in money toward assistants will result in the addition of a fantastic recruiter.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Mark doesn't understand the Duzz contract extension at this time. He would've waited to see what happened next year. He also said the contract makes no difference and Duzz can still leave whenever he wants.

I completely disagree. Things are looking up and this was the perfect time for this move. This is the type of thing that we are not used to regarding Pitt Football and is a welcomed change. I love the commitment. Hopefully that increase in money toward assistants will result in the addition of a fantastic recruiter.

Neither you or Madden know who is right. I want to hear the terms and the buyout. If his buyout is normal Pitt window dressing , he could easily leave next year, and he is the only one who wins in that case. Let's see the terms and buyout first. Pitt is good at playing the shell game. I hope they are serious this time but I will wait for the details

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT