ADVERTISEMENT

Mass Shooting in Squirrel Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m just really sorry for those who lost their lives and their families. Seems some here say they are sorry but just want to use this sad event as a chance to push their views since a message board got shut down. Some real nut jobs here.

Amen brother injecting politics into this is beyond disgusting

Reactions: mlvnsmly and 4upmc
I'm not a fan of any political party and putting the blame on anyone other than the shooter for such tragedies is useless . No rational or sane person acts in this manner .
When the answer is to put armed guards in schools and places of worship what does that say about our society . Very sad .

It says we are finally getting smart unlike we've and all other "civilized" countries have been for 2 centuries.

Police state , because we can’t restrict arms from crazy people = smart.

Do the other civilized countries have any other variables to limit tragedy?

This type of stuff happened for years all over the world despite the laws cause criminal s do not follow laws. You obviously failed to understand that.

Cool
Who’s taxes?
At what cost?

Not really into root analysis, eh?

No cost to the government. People taking the responsibility for their own safety and trained themselves so they can protect themselves. The cops aren't going to be there for you.

I see you 1 anecdote and raise it by 16. Yes I do think more armed personnel/citizens is better. That is why places that are known to be armed rarely are targets.

http://blog.uritraining.com/?p=88

-Im getting sucked into talking about this and I dont want to.

-Take a look at the world, Asian Countries have the fewest gun related deaths.

-Tell me why people need a "gun" for self protection. Ive traveled more then 99.999% of the people in the United States. Ive been through the ghetto and in the middle of no where and all over the dam place, Ive camped and hiked in the middle of nowhere. Tell me what a can loaded with Elite Bear Spray cant accomplish that a gun would. The answer is nothing except to kill. The Bear spray would accomplish more.

-If I sprayed bear spray in your face, or your face and 50 of your friends faces at the same time, Ill stun and blind all 50 of you at the same time and still get away. Elite Bear Spray is like throwing acid in someones face. If you got attacked by killer bees, bear spray might save you, a gun wont do shit to save you. You need a gun for what? The only answer is to kill.

All this self protection bullshit is what it is, a bunch of bullshit. The guns laws were created what, 100 or so years ago? Back when guns 100 years ago were not anything close to the guns today? And you need a gun for protection? Thats total bullshit too. Let me spray Elite Bear spray in the air, street, club, townhall, Ill blind everyone in no time. Guns... Please

-Im getting sucked into talking about this and I dont want to.

-Take a look at the world, Asian Countries have the fewest gun related deaths.

-Tell me why people need a "gun" for self protection. Ive traveled more then 99.999% of the people in the United States. Ive been through the ghetto and in the middle of no where and all over the dam place, Ive camped and hiked in the middle of nowhere. Tell me what a can loaded with Elite Bear Spray cant accomplish that a gun would. The answer is nothing except to kill. The Bear spray would accomplish more.

-If I sprayed bear spray in your face, or your face and 50 of your friends faces at the same time, Ill stun and blind all 50 of you at the same time and still get away. Elite Bear Spray is like throwing acid in someones face. If you got attacked by killer bees, bear spray might save you, a gun wont do shit to save you. You need a gun for what? The only answer is to kill.

All this self protection bullshit is what it is, a bunch of bullshit. The guns laws were created what, 100 or so years ago? Back when guns 100 years ago were not anything close to the guns today? And you need a gun for protection? Thats total bullshit too. Let me spray Elite Bear spray in the air, street, club, townhall, Ill blind everyone in no time. Guns... Please
If you want an answer, go ask cops why they carry firearms for self protection

If you want an answer, go ask cops why they carry firearms for self protection

-Ill talk this subject with you or anyone.

1) You know Bear Spray is illegal in multiple states, National Parks, State Parks, etc?

2) Cops are dirty as sin. Frank Lucas used to run the NYPD police department, he owned and paid roughly 90% of it. Frank Lucas was one of the biggest drug pusher in US history. Using Cops as an example is terrible, they lie, cheat, steal, and can be bought easier then a homeless person.

-Ill talk this subject with you or anyone.

1) You know Bear Spray is illegal in multiple states, National Parks, State Parks, etc?

2) Cops are dirty as sin. Frank Lucas used to run the NYPD police department, he owned and paid roughly 90% of it. Frank Lucas was one of the biggest drug pusher in US history. Using Cops as an example is terrible, they lie, cheat, steal, and can be bought easier then a homeless person.
1 - can't say I know that, but it wouldn't matter to me. Something that sprays seems like a great way to hurt yourself with just a wrong breeze or for the attacker to wipe all over you

2 - can't say I know that. But what does it have to do with why they carry guns? Only a crooked cop would carry a firearm?

1 - can't say I know that, but it wouldn't matter to me. Something that sprays seems like a great way to hurt yourself with just a wrong breeze or for the attacker to wipe all over you

2 - can't say I know that. But what does it have to do with why they carry guns? Only a crooked cop would carry a firearm?

-Bear spray fires out of the canister. It isnt some wimpy Windex spray to wash windows, it was originally designed to stop a 2000lb Kodiak Bear or Grizzly Bear in its tracks before it ripped into you. If it can stop a 2000lb bear charging right at you 50 feet away, it will easily stop a human and his friends. The real shit sprays over 50 feet. It isnt some weak ass mace in a 2 inch bottle either.

-I cant comment how police departments are run across multiple states. I can comment on they are beyond crooked and cheat

Reactions: Parkview57
One thing I could never understand is how guys I grew up with in the Burg, whose parents could not speak a lick of English and were used and humiliated, can be so hard on immigrants. Immigrants so desperate to escape their current circumstances that they will walk across a dessert for four day in 125 degree heat with little or no water, risking their lives and the lives of their children in the the quest for a better life. A better life, which is nothing more than working their tails off for less than $15 an hour with a smile on their face while living in constant fear of being humiliated and returned. Immigration should not be a heated problem in fact it is is a very fixable problem and we need to do is elect leaders that will actually come together and resolve it, not use it.

Last edited:
I am all for the freedom to own a gun. I dont personally. I dont hunt but would like to experience it one day. I didnt even care about having one until lately as a maybe long shot way of protecting myself and others. Long shot.. chances are if youre shit at first theres no chancee.
That aside, nobody should be able to get a fricken assualt weapon. But theres such an underground market, I just dont know if we have the resources to change that fact. Its like drugs. Just a different drug.. how can we erase the guns out there ya know ? I am all for background checks but to me the more realistic option is acceptance that people suck and do more to be aware and take facebook threats seriously so this guy never even had a chance . Also he shouldnt have ahad a gun

Just thought I would pivot and say I’m sorry for all those that died and their families. All innocent lives are precious.But somehow it hits home even more personally learning that the death toll includes fellow Pitt alumni

Last edited:
Reactions: DiehardPanther
Just thought I would pivot and say I’m sorry for all those that died and their families. All innocents lives are precious.But somehow it hits home even more personally learning that the death toll includes fellow Pitt alumni
Yes - Thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families.

Reactions: Gep Dawg
After hearing the victim list, if this douchewad couldn't be anymore of a pos, now he can add coward to the list. Targeting the elderly. I don't believe it was by coincidence that only 2 of his victims were under 66. Way to target people who physically couldn't even defend themselves or try and escape in a quick manner.

I absolutely wish this dude would have been smoked and I wish his name wouldn't be printed or spoken of by the media anymore.

I am all for the freedom to own a gun. I dont personally. I dont hunt but would like to experience it one day. I didnt even care about having one until lately as a maybe long shot way of protecting myself and others. Long shot.. chances are if youre shit at first theres no chancee.
That aside, nobody should be able to get a fricken assualt weapon. But theres such an underground market, I just dont know if we have the resources to change that fact. Its like drugs. Just a different drug.. how can we erase the guns out there ya know ? I am all for background checks but to me the more realistic option is acceptance that people suck and do more to be aware and take facebook threats seriously so this guy never even had a chance . Also he shouldnt have ahad a gun

I’m not a gun advocate either I don’t own a gun nor do I feel the need to own one.

However there is a misperception about the AR15. Its NOT an assault rifle there are many guns that can fire as fast and are as deadly.

I’m all for stricter gun laws and background checks. But you’d have to ban all semi automatic rifles and hand guns if you wanted to make a difference and that’s not going to happen. You’d also have to make it illegal to possess one and confiscate every semi automatic gun in circulation. Again it’s not going to happen

I’m not a gun advocate either I don’t own a gun nor do I feel the need to own one.

However there is a misperception about the AR15. Its NOT an assault rifle there are many guns that can fire as fast and are as deadly.

I’m all for stricter gun laws and background checks. But you’d have to ban all semi automatic rifles and hand guns if you wanted to make a difference and that’s not going to happen. You’d also have to make it illegal to possess one and confiscate every semi automatic gun in circulation. Again it’s not going to happen
I know the difference not referring to ars. I also agree that it ain’t happening. There’s just no way.

[QUOTE="I absolutely wish this dude would have been smoked.[/QUOTE]

Understandable reaction, but to paraphrase a wise man “Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Do not be too eager to deal out death In judgement”...

While the AR doesn’t stand for Assault Rifle it was designed and manufactured for one thing, that is to to kill human beings. It’s a weapon of war plain and simple.

Why can’t it happen?
Why can’t an annual competency review be part of ownership?

Why can magazine limits be off limits?

Something- anything-
Besides the nothing we always do

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT