ADVERTISEMENT

Meleek Thomas

We all know its impossible to beat basketball juggernauts Alabama and Auburn for WPIAL players.

If anyone wants to know why the SEC has surpassed the ACC, this is one example. Kid grows up in Pittsburgh, not one ACC school on his list.
what list? the next three places he is going to?

Meleek Thomas is supposed to be trimming his final school list in the near future, possibly by months end.

Considering he has been to 3 Pitt games this year already with Brandin Cummings and over 10 Pitt games last year, Pitt will be making the next list cut for Thomas.

We all know its impossible to beat basketball juggernauts Alabama and Auburn for WPIAL players.

If anyone wants to know why the SEC has surpassed the ACC, this is one example. Kid grows up in Pittsburgh, not one ACC school on his list.

I noticed you changed your message to "wpial" players now and not all high school recruits for Pitt losing to SEC schools for recruits.

Because I was about to say, Nate Oats and his entire Alabama staff flew up to South Kent for Papa Kante and Alabama got straight up beat by Pitt to get him. And I was literally the only person saying Pitt was in serious contention for Kante after he decommitted from Michigan.

I think it’s always been like that though. Besides Cam Johnson, was Yuri Demetrius the last top WPIAL player to come to Pitt out of high school.

Meleek Thomas is supposed to be trimming his final school list in the near future, possibly by months end.

Considering he has been to 3 Pitt games this year already with Brandin Cummings and over 10 Pitt games last year, Pitt will be making the next list cut for Thomas.

If we are going to have a Collective, we need to outbid everyone for a generational local player. Or else what's the point?

Alabama and Auburn though?
If Capel can’t sway him from going Deep South, I don’t know what can. Hot coeds and hot weather, but still rural south. I’d rather Auburn and Alabama be on the list than Duke or Kansas. In addition to money, kids want to win. Those programs have been more successful recently, but another tourney appearance this year for Pitt and that equals out. A fun offense. Playing in front of family. They need to show they can develop Bub. But give Bubs bag to Maleek and they are likely in the discussion. These kids are more apt to remember 0-19 than the 1 seeds given how young they are (was probably what 5-6 during 2011 run?). They need to have memories of Pitt actually winning.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
If Capel can’t sway him from going Deep South, I don’t know what can. Hot coeds and hot weather, but still rural south. I’d rather Auburn and Alabama be on the list than Duke or Kansas. In addition to money, kids want to win. Those programs have been more successful recently, but another tourney appearance this year for Pitt and that equals out. A fun offense. Playing in front of family. They need to show they can develop Bub. But give Bubs bag to Maleek and they are likely in the discussion. These kids are more apt to remember 0-19 than the 1 seeds given how young they are (was probably what 5-6 during 2011 run?). They need to have memories of Pitt actually winning.

He is going to be in college for a couple months. Won't even have to go to class the 2nd semester and will leave campus the second the season ends. I dont think the weather or coeds are going to factor in.

He is going to be in college for a couple months. Won't even have to go to class the 2nd semester and will leave campus the second the season ends. I dont think the weather or coeds are going to factor in.
Of course you are positive he will be that good!

he's talking about players that went to pitt, not one that are going to go to pitt in the future..

Ryan luther was a hampton guy and of course Dejuan blair..

I was going to bring up Blair, but I suspected it was a baiting post as Blair was City league ( I think).

I was going to bring up Blair, but I suspected it was a baiting post as Blair was City league ( I think).

Ha, same. Then I thought Luther might also not qualify as a "top WPIAL guy." Only other semi-recent one I can think of, other than Cummings incoming, who would kind of qualify is Michael Young. I know he didn't finish high school in the WPIAL, but wasn't he from Duquesne?

In related news, SMF is off his tourettes meds again.

Doesn’t mean squat in real life.

It means he is 1 and done whether he is ready or not. So he will take classes June-December. Wont have to go to class Jan-Mar and can get all 0s if he wants then can leave school in March to go train for the NBA. He wont have a real "college experience" which is what I meant and I think that is good for us. Is living in Tuscaloosa for a few months really worth it. This has to be purely a basketball and financial decision for him.

He will get upwards of 1 million dollars in NIL, go to the highest bidder, and be in the NBA 9 months later. He is the protypical NBA guard with a great head on his shoulders and very humble.

I would expect Kentucky to land him.

Reactions: TD_6082
He will get upwards of 1 million dollars in NIL, go to the highest bidder, and be in the NBA 9 months later. He is the protypical NBA guard with a great head on his shoulders and very humble.

I think Pitt should give Meleek Thomas one million dollars for nine months of his trouble.

$1 million isnt much. We paid Jurkovec $200K and are paying 3-9 football players to stat. We can't get outbid. Kentucky is hard to beat for WPIAL players though. They stockpile them down there.

Just take the Hinson retention money and give it to Bub unless he’s a no brainer first rounder. Then, take the Bub retention money and give it to Meleek.
Bub would be a junior when Meleek was a freshmen.

And I’d still take freshmen Meleek over junior Bub.

Bub would be a junior when Meleek was a freshmen.

And I’d still take freshmen Meleek over junior Bub.
I guess I mean more that we’ll be fortunate if we get a second year out of Bub in 2024-25. I don’t really see a scenario where we get a third year out of him, which would create a pretty seamless transition to Meleek, both from a lineup perspective and a NIL investment perspective.

Reactions: cabe23

Who would be a good player comparison for Meleek Thomas?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT