ADVERTISEMENT

Moe-bservations ACC Game 19 @ ND

Chairman Moe

All Conference
Nov 4, 2003
Just around the corner from Paradise
-- Once again, a Pitt BB game start was shuttled to another "network"; this time, due to an OT game in the MAC Women's Tournament
-- After logging into my ESPN App on Roku, I found the Panthers leading early, and looking semi-focused
-- After Blake's 3 to put Pitt ahead 7-5, a post-shot Technical foul on him (bad language) seemed to turn the game around. Seriously. ND went on a huge run; Blake never got back into any rhythm in the first half; and by halftime the game was essentially over
-- Blake seemed to play with a chip on his shoulder the entire game
-- Our FT shooting? Pitt-iful
-- Our 3-pt shooting? Pitt-iful in the first half, for sure
-- Our defense? Also Pitt-iful
-- Greg Elliott? MIA. Could have used his hot hand tonight but he was always forcing shots over a taller defender; never found his stroke
-- The twins were ineffective; seemed again as Pitt had little or no communication going on the defensive end
-- While there were some obvious calls NOT made (even Jordan Cornette mentioned it on the broadcast), Pitt had more than enough opportunities from the FT line to win this game
-- Went from playing one of our best overall games on Saturday to one of our worst tonight
-- Luck of the Irish? It did seem like there was a lid on the basket for us, but ND scored fairly evenly on both ends, and made a ton of FT's
-- Pitt seemed tighter than a bull's a$$ in fly season
-- I get it; Brey's last home game as ND's coach(not going to miss him), loads of former ND players present to see the game and pay tribute to Brey, Pitt ranked for the first time in ages, Pitt needing a win to have both a double-bye as well as an at-large bid into the NCCAT
-- To little too late; but glad to see that Pitt was still fighting down the stretch
-- To say that if the game had gone a couple more minutes (and we'd have won) is wishful thinking at best - we'd have needed at least 5-8 more, and/or fouled out the rest of their team
-- And who's to say we'd have made the FT's?

Look, maybe a few, a lot, or just some of we Pitt fans thought this game was going to play out this way. I didn't. I certainly thought it would have been close, but ND was up by 20 points late in the second half. Yes, Pitt fought until the end of the game, but this loss is painful. Can the team make amends and have a better outcome in Coral Gables on Saturday? Well, it's for sure that the U Miami fans are going to be a WHOLE LOT LOUDER and more engaged than the ND fans were.

Quick turn around. Hope Coach Capel can pull these men back together

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT