ADVERTISEMENT

Nate dove on a loose ball /fumble

Anyone remember Cam Newton not diving on his fumble in the Super Bowl? Some men just aren’t cut from the same cloth. That was a red flag, and then I read Cam Newton went vegan for some dumb reason and eventually sucked enough to lose his job and never be heard from again.

I like Yarnell. If he was the starter all year we’d have 6 wins.
Let’s not get crazy here. I don’t see 3 more wins with him. You may be able to convince me we beat Cincinnati and Wake, but there’s no way a true FR walks into Morgantown and that environment and wins. North Carolina was a definite L, Virginia Tech definite L, God himself could have been the QB at Notre Dame and that was an L, Florida State was a definite L and so was Syracuse. Obviously he lost yesterday.

Let’s not get crazy here. I don’t see 3 more wins with him. You may be able to convince me we beat Cincinnati and Wake, but there’s no way a true FR walks into Morgantown and that environment and wins. North Carolina was a definite L, Virginia Tech definite L, God himself could have been the QB at Notre Dame and that was an L, Florida State was a definite L and so was Syracuse. Obviously he lost yesterday.
He could have beaten Cincy, Wake, and scored 18 to beat WVU. The defense likely would have been more motivated to beat Cuse. 7-5.

Who’s this true freshman?

I see three wins, too. Yarnell moves the sticks to keep the defense fresher. The unit was on the field a lot with Phil and the three and outs. Then with Christian’s turnovers. Nate did well in that category as well.

Last edited:
I’m not sure how many if any additional wins we’d have. However, sure can’t dispute that he looked like the better of the 3 QB options and, IMHO, by a good margin.

Sure throws a monkey wrench in that constant critique of Pittsburgh football fans stupidly thinking the backup QB is always better than the guy in the game.
I like Yarnell. If he was the starter all year we’d have 6 wins.

What is tough about those comments? Seems you are trying to be much more of a keyboard tough guy.

The ahole OP has made several comments about lack of toughness about specific players. I’m willing to bet he’s much softer than anyone who’s stepped on a D1 football field. Or any football field for that matter.

Nothing I said relates in any way to me being a keyboard warrior so no clue how you made that leap. I could be the softest person in the room. Perhaps it takes one to know one.

The ahole OP has made several comments about lack of toughness about specific players. I’m willing to bet he’s much softer than anyone who’s stepped on a D1 football field. Or any football field for that matter.

Nothing I said relates in any way to me being a keyboard warrior so no clue how you made that leap. I could be the softest person in the room. Perhaps it takes one to know one.
We'll match you two up in the first round of Pantherlair Fight Club.

• Haha
Reactions: Pittguy93
Who’s this true freshman?

I see three wins, too. Yarnell moves the sticks to keep the defense fresher. The unit was on the field a lot with Phil and the three and outs. Than with Christian’s turnovers. Nate did well in that category as well.
He lost to Duke by 11, who was playing a backup QB. Pitt fans have a tendency to do this. See a QB who is better than anyone else on the roster, but completely overrate what he can do. Yarnell is OK, but he’s started 2 games and won 1. Let’s not start to act like he’s Marino.

He lost to Duke by 11, who was playing a backup QB. Pitt fans have a tendency to do this. See a QB who is better than anyone else on the roster, but completely overrate what he can do. Yarnell is OK, but he’s started 2 games and won 1. Let’s not start to act like he’s Marino.
I think the main point with Yarnell is that he showed he was clearly the best QB Pitt had. Why he didn’t play is anyone’s guess.

I don’t think anyone thinks he is or will be Marino or even Pickett. He showed some potential.

As far as winning, any qb would need more help than what was available. I know QBs are judged on wins but the talent level on the offense was not good.

Take responsibility for your actions

I didn’t see him make many mistakes in the game other than 1 INT and a sack or 2 he could have maybe avoided. Overall, he’s pretty accurate with his throws and makes good decisions way more so than bad ones for a guy with a whole 2 games of experience heading into yesterday.

He sure was way down on the list of reasons why we lost. Real quickly, defense, special teams and penalties top the list.

How dumb are you?

1. Duke's "backup" QB started his second consecutive game, just as Yarnell did.
2. Please explain how Yarnell lost the game when there were likely 60 players who got action.
3. Who has compared Yarnell to Marino?

Your post is exactly what fake fans do.

He’s actually started three games in his career and won two. One last year vs. WMU and the two this year.

Anyone remember Cam Newton not diving on his fumble in the Super Bowl? Some men just aren’t cut from the same cloth. That was a red flag, and then I read Cam Newton went vegan for some dumb reason and eventually sucked enough to lose his job and never be heard from again.
He was a regular in the crowd at William & Mary games last year.

In multiple instances CV stood around a loose ball and recoiled from the action as if the ball was a steaming pile of feces. Nate is tough. CV is not so tough
That's mostly irrelevant though, unless you're counting on the QB running the ball & moving the sticks with his legs.

But if your point is that CV prefers to avoid contact, I think you're correct.

The one thing I saw in Nate's games is that he brought more to the table then he took away from it. That's more then I can say for the other QB's. With the right supporting cast, he can be a good college QB. Can he do it on his own, probably not but PITT has lost to these types of QB's in the past.

Reactions: pittbb80
Yarnell is in his third year and the loss to VT was quite literally because Jurkovec couldn’t move the offense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT