ADVERTISEMENT

Nate Sestina

Is that really exclamation-point worthy?

Well, he is 6'9", so by comparison sake, if you forget his season averages, which are better than the P5 averages:

Kene scored 12 or more points once this season (13 points against Troy). If you take the number of games he scored 10 or more (the low number from above, he had 1 game at 10 points and the 1 game at 13 points).
Kene rebounded over 6 rebounds 4 times this season. He had 5 games with 6 and 5 with 0 rebounds.

Brown scored over 12 or more points 4 times, with 16 being the highest.
Brown rebounded over 6 rebounds 5 times this season. He had 4 games with 1 rebound and 2 with 0.

So, the point is, what would he be here to do? Could he beat or match Chuk's 3.9 and 3.3 and/or Brown's 5.7 and 4.3? He also shoots 38% from 3 point range and 80.8% from the line, much better than both.

I just realized this guy is from Emporium, a little town up in tiny Cameron County, PA. I've been there and it's tucked away in the middle of nowhere. At any rate, Pitt, PSU and St. Bonaventure would be the nearest higher-level locations to his hometown.

We'll see if Pitt has any interest of course, but maybe playing closer to home will be appealing.

I just realized this guy is from Emporium, a little town up in tiny Cameron County, PA. I've been there and it's tucked away in the middle of nowhere. At any rate, Pitt, PSU and St. Bonaventure would be the nearest higher-level locations to his hometown.

I used to go to Emporium when I was a kid. My dad's hunting buddy had a camp there and they used to take the families up for a weekend in the summer. Felt like Alaska to me.

Well, he is 6'9", so by comparison sake, if you forget his season averages, which are better than the P5 averages:

Kene scored 12 or more points once this season (13 points against Troy). If you take the number of games he scored 10 or more (the low number from above, he had 1 game at 10 points and the 1 game at 13 points).
Kene rebounded over 6 rebounds 4 times this season. He had 5 games with 6 and 5 with 0 rebounds.

Brown scored over 12 or more points 4 times, with 16 being the highest.
Brown rebounded over 6 rebounds 5 times this season. He had 4 games with 1 rebound and 2 with 0.

So, the point is, what would he be here to do? Could he beat or match Chuk's 3.9 and 3.3 and/or Brown's 5.7 and 4.3? He also shoots 38% from 3 point range and 80.8% from the line, much better than both.
You fail to project inevitable growth in performance due to age & maturity.

A 13ppg, 42% 3-pt shooter is grad transferring from Lehigh also. Pat Andree, 6-8 forward. His dad played at ND for what that’s worth.

My buddy has a camp near Sterling Run outside Emporium. I’ve been drunk in Emporium many many times.

This thread is a little stale, but I'll add my two cents since I saw Nate play in Lewisburg for his entire career. Obviously, he's transferring because Bucknell is an undergraduate institution and there is no possibility for him to earn a master's here.

I have no doubt that he can play for a Power 5 team. He's big, he's agile, he moves well under the basket and he's just as comfortable stepping outside and shooting the three. His big weakness though is that he's very prone to fouling (or at least being called for it), quite often in silly situations. In the games where he's not out for most of the first half due to two quick fouls, he usually gets to a double-double. If he's in foul trouble, it's all over the place -- could be 5 points and 3 rebounds, could be 15 and 12. He's a smart kid and he'll be successful wherever he goes and in his career after being done playing.

This thread is a little stale, but I'll add my two cents since I saw Nate play in Lewisburg for his entire career. Obviously, he's transferring because Bucknell is an undergraduate institution and there is no possibility for him to earn a master's here.

I have no doubt that he can play for a Power 5 team. He's big, he's agile, he moves well under the basket and he's just as comfortable stepping outside and shooting the three. His big weakness though is that he's very prone to fouling (or at least being called for it), quite often in silly situations. In the games where he's not out for most of the first half due to two quick fouls, he usually gets to a double-double. If he's in foul trouble, it's all over the place -- could be 5 points and 3 rebounds, could be 15 and 12. He's a smart kid and he'll be successful wherever he goes and in his career after being done playing.
Pitt is at least interested. Pitt coaches don't just start following guys on the twitter for no reason.

Reactions: Elsalvador
You can’t get a Master’s at Bucknell?
You can, for now. There are discussions going on about whether supporting 50 graduate students in 3-5 disciplines is really part of the academic focus of the institution. Having said that, I don't think there's something available here that Nate is interested in. On top of that, the Patriot League rarely (if ever) grants a fifth year in basketball. The point of the league is to graduate student-athletes -- shocking, I know ;-)

You can, for now. There are discussions going on about whether supporting 50 graduate students in 3-5 disciplines is really part of the academic focus of the institution. Having said that, I don't think there's something available here that Nate is interested in. On top of that, the Patriot League rarely (if ever) grants a fifth year in basketball. The point of the league is to graduate student-athletes -- shocking, I know ;-)

Do you live in Lewisburg? My sister has taught there for almost 30 years.

I'm already on this kid's bandwagon to come to Pitt. His size and having some ability to score near the rim is what this team desperately needs.

I'm already on this kid's bandwagon to come to Pitt. His size and having some ability to score near the rim is what this team desperately needs.

I have never seen this kid play but I love him. 9 boards a game. That translates. Maia had the same rebound rate at Pitt as at Brown. Cameron County Tough. Love that. This kid is probably tough as nails.

Reactions: LeftCoastPanther
https://bucknellbison.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4369

Averaged 16 points and 9 rebounds. He is 6-9 245lbs. He is going to Grad Transfer, and added his name to the list.
This kid would be a huge addition to this team as it stands right now. Fundamentally very sound. Really knows how to position his body.
Ability to score at the rim. Check
Ability to rebound on both ends. Check
Ability to score from the perimeter. Check
What's not to like?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT