ADVERTISEMENT

Nate Sestina

No way he's s take for KY!Cal's doing someone a Pa favor and inviting him down.Maybe his parents went to Clarion?

I'm sure it's not a pity visit to UK haha. Gotta be interest there. Hopefully we hear of one of these transfers and a visit date to Pitt soon. Definitely need a sense of urgency to get these kids on campus and close them.

No way he's s take for KY!Cal's doing someone a Pa favor and inviting him down.Maybe his parents went to Clarion?

Nah, I'm sure there's legit interest. Nate Sestina isn't as good of a player as Reid Travis, but there are similarities. Calipari would clearly rather take those sorts of players as grad transfers than bother recruiting them.

I'm willing to bet a large pepperoni with mushrooms and a six pack of Busch light that he doesn't go to Ky.I'd say Pitt has a legitimate chance at him if Capel wants him.

Reactions: Elsalvador
I'm willing to bet a large pepperoni with mushrooms and a six pack of Busch light that he doesn't go to Ky.I'd say Pitt has a legitimate chance at him if Capel wants him.

My guess is it's a "tryout." The assistants will work him out and tell him either they are offering him a spot right then and there or to wait a few weeks until after LOI day to see if they have a scholarship for him.

Arkansas coach gone. With a few really good young players and a high scoring young center.

Arkansas coach gone. With a few really good young players and a high scoring young center.

Free transfers for everyone!!!

AD's are going to also consider which young players may transfer when firing a coach. You are going to see teams left with 0 players now after a coach firing due to the Tate Martell rule. Anyone can transfer without sitting out now if the coach leaves

Reactions: Drew1208

AD's are going to also consider which young players may transfer when firing a coach. You are going to see teams left with 0 players now after a coach firing due to the Tate Martell rule. Anyone can transfer without sitting out now if the coach leaves
Yeah this is nuts.... I've never really paid attention to recruiting til now. But this is crazy.

Pgh sports now is hinting we are getting a recruit right now.

Pgh Sports Now also tweeting huge news upcoming for basketball. Not sure if Sestina is huge news but I'd take it.

Lmao.. If you think Getting a Grad Transfer Falls Under the Term “Huge News”, the. I’m not sure what to say.. especially Sestina..

My god

I didn't say Sestina would be huge news. You need to work on those reading comprehension skills.

Guess would be Diallo. If there is anything to it, that is. He is huge and it would be news.

Last edited:
Reactions: PittMan 72
It appears to me you guys are over reaching. Based on my understanding of the English language--what is meant is that a highly rated recruit is visiting. This may or may not lead to an actual commitment. It doesn't sound to me that a commitment is imminent.

Caveat: PSN may not be using language clearly either -- so they may actually mean a commitment even though the language is unclear.

It appears to me you guys are over reaching. Based on my understanding of the English language--what is meant is that a highly rated recruit is visiting. This may or may not lead to an actual commitment. It doesn't sound to me that a commitment is imminent.

Caveat: PSN may not be using language clearly either -- so they may actually mean a commitment even though the language is unclear.

FWIW, two people on Twitter asked if it was Diallo, and the response both times was, “better”. We’ll see.

Reactions: Drew1208
That's how it should be.

Well, either that or coaches should be required to sit out a year if they leave a school before their contract is up. No special rules for the rich people. Make the rules the same for everyone.
Coaches are professionals with contracts that include penalties if they are voided or breached. Players are 'amateur student athletes'. Pick a school, not a coach still rings true for this guy.

That's how it should be.

Well, either that or coaches should be required to sit out a year if they leave a school before their contract is up. No special rules for the rich people. Make the rules the same for everyone.

As a human, I believe players should he able to transfer and play immediately any time. However, as a college basketball fan and someone who understands that college basketball is a billion dollar business with millions of fans, I don't think the business can sustain where this is going. A team like Duke or Kentucky can recruit a Xavier Johnson or Ky Bowman. A team like Pitt can recruit a high level A10 player. It's going to turn off a lot of fans.

We are mentioned with about 18 players at this time. Mitchell is not one of them.

Don’t be surprised if Mitchell turns down bigger schools & goes to UMASS. He is close with his Prep coach and UMASS offered his prep coach a job which he is expected to take.

Think it’s that Sy will be taking a visit here.

Yea, the PSN Die Hards article says the following before you have to log-in:

"Pittsburgh Sports Now has learned that Capel is getting good news with a big-time visitor."

Also, I got a pop-up for an old Sy article, probably triggered by their algorithm. So, yea, the news is probably Sy is taking a visit. I mean that's great and all but I always figured he'd take a visit.

Reactions: Ronnyp91
Yeah a visit is not big news.
This has to be a commit.
Jim on the pay board is really silent.
He would chime in if it was a visit.

Or PSN are being gigantic Jagoffs, which is a possibility.

Why wouldn’t that site make a dramatic tweet in order to drum up hits? It is the same thing media has been doing forever.

Reactions: 4upmc
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT