ADVERTISEMENT

Now we can put that insufferable stiff Stallings behind us...

Nonsense... I replied to a JIGer who brought him up and called me out specifically with his JIGer comment

Yeah. I did call you out. Because your position is bad.

Anyway, I'm taking DT's advice and moving on from this thread.

I'm taking recruitsreadtheseboards advice and moving on as well. I actually moved on long ago. I apologize for not being able to just stand back and read some of their garbage without responding. My bad.

Reactions: H2P 2003
I'm taking recruitsreadtheseboards advice and moving on as well. I actually moved on long ago. I apologize for not being able to just stand back and read some of their garbage without responding. My bad.
Me too. Just don't want people to misrepresent. But Jamie is at TCU, Stallings is picking his nose somewhere and Jeff Capel is our coach and we are coming off our first win against the ACC in almost 2 years and our 1st win against Louisville since 2010 led by a trio of Freshmen and a Soph. We have a lot to be happy about.

Me too. Just don't want people to misrepresent. But Jamie is at TCU, Stallings is picking his nose somewhere and Jeff Capel is our coach and we are coming off our first win against the ACC in almost 2 years and our 1st win against Louisville since 2010 led by a trio of Freshmen and a Soph. We have a lot to be happy about.
Nose? More likely a khaki/commando combo-induced wedgie.

th

How do we get Barnes and Stalling behind us.

Step1 - Print out this picture
Step 2- Place the picture in the bottom of your toilet bowl
Step 3- Proceed with normal procedures

Both Barnes and Stalling will be behind you!

Last edited:
That's not being completely honest. To even compare the first 8 with the last 5. Not even close. We can argue and debate on his tenure, but let's at least be honest to realize and acknowledge there were two eras.
3 in the final 4 years owt.

That’s not a funk or mediocre.

He’s a helluva good coach

If capel reaches his level we’ll be extraordinarily lucky

th

How do we get Barnes and Stalling behind us.

Step1 - Print out this picture
Step 2- Place the picture in the bottom of your toilet bowl
Step 3- Proceed with normal procedures

Both Barnes and Stalling will be behind you!
Remember no Barnes no Stallings no Chapel no X J no Trey McG no A Toney . Where I’m sitting I already flushed the past behind me and the future looks a brighter because of it .

Remember no Barnes no Stallings no Chapel no X J no Trey McG no A Toney . Where I’m sitting I already flushed the past behind me and the future looks a brighter because of it .

Indeed. I might almost thank KS for expediting the process. Almost.

Conference record for Dixon:

Last 5 years at Pitt 45-45
3 ACC years at Pitt 28-26
ACC years at Pitt + B12 TCU 43-48
since 2011/12 60-67

He's remained smart and builds a nice record against a weak non-conference schedule to continue putting respectable seasons together.

Stallings was feces, but Dixon hasn't been anywhere near what he was. If Capel is .500 in conference after 5 years with no upward trajectory he won't be around either.

Conference record for Dixon:

Last 5 years at Pitt 45-45
3 ACC years at Pitt 28-26
ACC years at Pitt + B12 TCU 43-48
since 2011/12 60-67

He's remained smart and builds a nice record against a weak non-conference schedule to continue putting respectable seasons together.

Stallings was feces, but Dixon hasn't been anywhere near what he was. If Capel is .500 in conference after 5 years with no upward trajectory he won't be around either.
If JC wins 14/15 conference games in yr 5 he won’t be around “ Either “ !

The history of Pitt bb with few exceptions is no better than .500 . It’s not like Pitt is Kentucky!

Reactions: ScrantonicityIII

80-102. That was his recruiting classes, if we continued with Jamie we would be extremely lucky.

I am not concerned with making the NCAA's every year as much as, for once, maxing out our opportunities. Jamie when he was engaged, didn't seem to think that was that important.

If JC wins 14/15 conference games in yr 5 he won’t be around “ Either “ !

The history of Pitt bb with few exceptions is no better than .500 . It’s not like Pitt is Kentucky!
No. And in saying that, it should be obvious that Ben Howland was the true architect.

Reactions: FireballZ
80-102. That was his recruiting classes, if we continued with Jamie we would be extremely lucky.

I am not concerned with making the NCAA's every year as much as, for once, maxing out our opportunities. Jamie when he was engaged, didn't seem to think that was that important.
Can’t max out sitting at home.

I care about wins and ncaa appearances

Reactions: levance2

If you're implying Dixon didn't care about how his teams did in March, I think you are profoundly off base and just saying stupid stuff to say it.

Pr

JDs lack of success in the tourney I think can be directly related to the lack of elite talent . As good as Blair and Sam Young were their NBA careers were nothing more than that of journeyman. JD didn’t play the AAU game and he ran a clean program both detrimental to landing elite talent .

No. And in saying that, it should be obvious that Ben Howland was the true architect.
There’s no denying BH contribution and had JDs run only been only two or three yrs then you could say he rode on BH coattails . Eight yrs of being at the top of the BE says all you need to know about his stay here .
JD was a without a doubt Pitts best ( modern ) coach , what he achieved without the help of an active booster group is to be admired . Winning national championships isn’t the only barometer of being a good coach and if your waiting for one I’d suggest you need to start rooting for Duke or Kentucky. You’ll be a lot happier .

Never seen burner used in these contexts. What's that mean?

A fake account someone (often a celebrity or Kevin Durant) will create. They pretend to be someone else and use the account to talk themselves up/talk up a certain perspective. More or less.

Again, though comparing those 8/9 seed teams with what Jamie had the previous ten years, you can't say there wasn't a precipitous drop. And with recruiting continuing to drop, don't know if that was sustainable. Let's just agree that Jamie moving on was likely the best for all parties.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Again, though comparing those 8/9 seed teams with what Jamie had the previous ten years, you can't say there wasn't a precipitous drop. And with recruiting continuing to drop, don't know if that was sustainable. Let's just agree that Jamie moving on was likely the best for all parties.
It will be determined over time from pitt perspective.

I’ll say again- making the ncaa 3 out of 4 years with an nit in the other-

If we achieve that low point-
We’ll match the most success our program has had in modern history

Frankly it’s unlikely we’ll ever have that high level (yes making the dance annually is high level). Of success again.

So- in which way is it better for Pitt that he left???

It will be determined over time from pitt perspective.

I’ll say again- making the ncaa 3 out of 4 years with an nit in the other-

If we achieve that low point-
We’ll match the most success our program has had in modern history

Frankly it’s unlikely we’ll ever have that high level (yes making the dance annually is high level). Of success again.

So- in which way is it better for Pitt that he left???
Do you think we would still be making the tourney with the dreck he was bringing in? Is maxing out at an 8-10 seed and getting that 1 tourney game, I mean if that is what you want, fine.

Don't bring the Stallings era into it. I would rather have a run or two every so many seasons than be a middle of the road ACC team every year which is what we were. You are confusing 2004-2010 with what became of Pitt basketball. Yeah, I will take those years in a heartbeat. Sign me up.

But they were gone.

We are most certainly going to be better off without Dixon if and only if Capel continues to recruit freshman like this. McGowens and XJ are superb and Capel got these two fine players to reclassify and join Pitt this season. I believe in this guys ability to find talent and get it here.

In case any of you missed Dixon's final years, the best guard of that era was James Robinson. He was a Steady player with a sparkling assist to turnover ratio, but he could not hope to leave his man in the dust like XJ did the other night against the Ville. Sure XJ might have more turnovers, but some of those dimes were ridiculous. Could Robinson take over a game like Trey did and lead us to victory? Please!

It is possible for all those who dislike Dixon to admit he was the best coach we have had and the most successful. It should also be possible for those who loved Dixon to admit he was slipping and the program was headed steadily toward the bottom of the ACC due to his poor recruiting.

After reading this thread, I am certain that some will never move on. The only way it happens, is for HCJC to continue to recruit at a high level and take us further than JD did in the NCAA tournament. This will probably take a while to accomplish. I am all in on Capel. He is what we have now, and I love watching the athletes he has brought in. I prefer XJ and TREY all day over JR. In the mean time, I expect to see random threads over the next few years to evolve into this same garbage.

Do you think we would still be making the tourney with the dreck he was bringing in? Is maxing out at an 8-10 seed and getting that 1 tourney game, I mean if that is what you want, fine.

Don't bring the Stallings era into it. I would rather have a run or two every so many seasons than be a middle of the road ACC team every year which is what we were. You are confusing 2004-2010 with what became of Pitt basketball. Yeah, I will take those years in a heartbeat. Sign me up.

But they were gone.
You can be a middle tier ACC team AND make an occasional deep run in the tourney, not sure why you think they are mutually exclusive, or what one thing has to do with another.

Are you kidding? If JC is .500 after 5 years, that will be really impressive.

I'm talking about .500 type seasons in years 4&5. If his overall conference record is .500 in 5 years he'll be putting some nice records together in years 4&5.

But they were gone.

I’m not confusing anything.

You, like others- are short sighted and got “bored “ with only making the tournament annually.

It was stupid then and even dumber now

We saw exactly How easy for Pitt to slide back to being a doormat program

Reactions: levance2

You, like others- are short sighted and got “bored “ with only making the tournament annually.

And you couldn't see that the team was slowly tanking. There was nothing in the pipeline either. Dixon was done here, and even he realized it.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt

I remember going to the 2016 ACC tournament in DC and Pitt fans on here were saying they hoped Pitt would lose to Syracuse in the opener because we “didn’t deserve a bid.”

Reactions: 33pitt99
I remember going to the 2016 ACC tournament in DC and Pitt fans on here were saying they hoped Pitt would lose to Syracuse in the opener because we “didn’t deserve a bid.”

Pitt fans are terrible.

There is a ton of revisionist history with people on here. The over the top criticism of Dixon did not only start in his last five years, it honestly went back to even his second or third year. Even before the elite 8 year, people were hyper critical of him, his style, etc. The CBI year...people wanted him fired right there.[/QUOTE]

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT