ADVERTISEMENT

Off the wall

people who serve in the military, who risked their lives for this country, tend to be a bit more patriotic and respectful to the flag than your typical citizen. Do you really not get it? I mean is this concept really hard for you to grasp? it seems pretty simple concept here.
did you not read what I wrote? Dude, I get it. My son was 82 airborne and spent time in Afghanistan. I get it, by why would anyone bring Villenueva into the conversation at all? You are either patriotic or you are not as there is really no "more" or "less"..

did you not read what I wrote? Dude, I get it. My son was 82 airborne and spent time in Afghanistan. I get it, by why would anyone bring Villenueva into the conversation at all? You are either patriotic or you are not as there is really no "more" or "less"..
because he is the only steeler that served in the military. if you get it, then why does your most recent post say "I don't get it."

because he is the only steeler that served in the military. if you get it, then why does your most recent post say "I don't get it."
yeah, I do not get why one would assume that a military guy would not support Kap's crusade for righteousness and justice for all just because he was in the military...

Look, I think we ALL need maybe to step back a little from the politics and go on with our lives. This is not going to be well received on one side of the ledger, but what I don't like is when one side expresses their political views they are expressing their views via the 1st Amendment, celebrating free speech, and standing for something, when someone from another side of the ledge would do the same, they are hateful, xenophobic, homophobic and racist.

My god the Left has packaged "free speech" pretty well in their favor.
How so?
Do you feel the negative reception of kaepernick is being stifled??

To recap- you feel everyone is to politicize and needs to relax, and conclude it's because of liberals.

Unintentionally ironic as always

How so?
Do you feel the negative reception of kaepernick is being stifled??

To recap- you feel everyone is to politicize and needs to relax, and conclude it's because of liberals.

Unintentionally ironic as always

You read and reacted to one line. Way to go. Always to fit your narrative and labels of everyone.

Reactions: Swervin27
I have zero issue with this as long as they aren't paying him anywhere near what he was asking.
Same here, for a cheap price, he'd be a great back up, and when I watch on TV I DVR it, and fast forward past the national anthem and all that boring pre game nonsense that bores the shht out of me! then hit play when they line up to kick off.

people who serve in the military, who risked their lives for this country, tend to be a bit more patriotic and respectful to the flag than your typical citizen. Do you really not get it? I mean is this concept really hard for you to grasp? it seems pretty simple concept here.

The thing that I don't get, is why are sporting events the time for patriotic anthems and military tributes? Why don't we do that before watching a movie or a play, or before a dance recital? How and why did this national anthem for sports events begin? I don't mind it, but I didn't show up for this, I came just to see a game. God Bless America!

I want to see what he does this season before saying yes to that deal, but with no cap ramifications and if he looks like the next franchise guy, you absolutely make that trade. Now, if the GM who owned the No. 1 pick actually made that trade, they'd be fired on the spot.

What would make it an acceptable trade. I'm.assuming that the Steelers include their own number one pick, but we don't know the position of that yet.

Silly yinZer.

Do a minute of research on Villanueva's opinions on this.
Hint, he agrees with kaepernick but disagrees with his methodology
what does yinzer or even Vinnanueva's opinion have to do with my post? nothing. come on man, I know it makes you feel cool to call people a yinzer but at least do it when it makes sense.

I read an entire responded to your post.

It's fine you don't necessarily have much self awareness...that you are what you described and couldn't help but demonstrate it.

Huh? English please. Did I not say that I would take Kapernick and we need to stop evaluating people based on their political beliefs?

Everyone is a victim. According to you.

Huh? English please. Did I not say that I would take Kapernick and we need to stop evaluating people based on their political beliefs?

souf justifies any liberal complaining and labels any crying from the right as crying or playing the victim card. most libs do that understandably but he takes it a step further. when someone will post an example of liberals protesting over some sort of mythical racial or sexual orientation oppression, he'll say it is conservatives crying..

I mean someone will post a story about black college students protesting because their dorm room isn't big enough or they don't have enough designated safe spaces or some drag queen wants to watch girls change in the high school locker room and he will say this is conservatives being the victim.. I read his replies over just to see if I missed something. he does it consistently too..

souf justifies any liberal complaining and labels any crying from the right as crying or playing the victim card. most libs do that understandably but he takes it a step further. when someone will post an example of liberals protesting over some sort of mythical racial or sexual orientation oppression, he'll say it is conservatives crying..

I mean someone will post a story about black college students protesting because their dorm room isn't big enough or they don't have enough designated safe spaces or some drag queen wants to watch girls change in the high school locker room and he will say this is conservatives being the victim.. I read his replies over just to see if I missed something. he does it consistently too..

Yeah, he follows the playbook so well, I am not sure he didn't help write it.

Reactions: Jpripper88
Uh, still don't get it. Why would one American (in military) feel more disrespect than another American (non-military) when someone pisses on the anthem? Seems to me a guy who put his life on the line for people to freely act like idiots would be less inclined to be pissed at someone doing so.
That is true. There have been a large number of veterans who support kaepernick's freedom to take that stance. It all depends on how that individual views the anthem. For all we know Villanueva has no problem with it. It's probably more the steelers not wanting to find out if he has a problem with it or not.

That is true. There have been a large number of veterans who support kaepernick's freedom to take that stance. It all depends on how that individual views the anthem. For all we know Villanueva has no problem with it. It's probably more the steelers not wanting to find out if he has a problem with it or not.

I agree the Steelers don't want to find out if there would be a problem, but I think the Steelers know that he's a horrible fit for their offense, and that's the reason they wouldn't want to sign him.

Reactions: Pittx9

The self awareness was making totally contradictory statements .
To which you said I selectively picked out a line...when my reply was to the full content.
Not complicated

We literally have Villanueva 's actual opinions... literally dozens of articles quoting him.

Tsk tsk, owt doesn't like people using politics to make judgements unless he agrees with their politics

He agrees with his position and opinion but disagreed with his method of protest.
Pretty much how I feel. Not enough to actually think what he did was wrong. But I think it was some bills players maybe? And some high school kids across the country raised a fist during the national anthem. Personally I think that is a more powerful message and also does not disrespect the anthem in any way.

Pretty much how I feel. Not enough to actually think what he did was wrong. But I think it was some bills players maybe? And some high school kids across the country raised a fist during the national anthem. Personally I think that is a more powerful message and also does not disrespect the anthem in any way.
I don't disagree, but also don't think taking a knee is disrespectful .
Both are silent and non-disruptive protest

Reactions: Pittx9
ADVERTISEMENT