ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Bill Russell reacts to Charles Barkley...

That looks like a really weird way of flipping someone off. I'm trying to replicate his finger arrangement and can't do it.

Reactions: PittCity
I'm old. but not old enough to remember him playing, he's gotta be 80 years old.

Bill Russell always looked for and took any edge he could with an opponent that led to 9 NBA championships in 10 years. During every pre-game warm up for a 76ers game Russell would go on the court and remind Chamberlain that he made more money then him. Russell's contact called for him to make one dollar more than Wilt plus Russell never paid an agent he just used Wilt's.

Reactions: below0w
Bill Russell always looked for and took any edge he could with an opponent that led to 9 NBA championships in 10 years. During every pre-game warm up for a 76ers game Russell would go on the court and remind Chamberlain that he made more money then him. Russell's contact called for him to make one dollar more than Wilt plus Russell never paid an agent he just used Wilt's.

Russell had this very close friendship with Wilt through their playing careers. Wilt didn't have a lot of (male?) friends so he really took it seriously and probably wasn't tough enough against Russell in games. Then as soon as their playing careers ended, they stopped hanging out. Now maybe it's a coincidence...or maybe Russell was the master of mind games and Wilt wasn't.

That looks like a really weird way of flipping someone off. I'm trying to replicate his finger arrangement and can't do it.

I like Charles and I actually met him once at at sports media conference. Funny guy.
That looks like one Big Finger?
Oooops.
What is Russell's shoe size??Haha.

"save a horse ride a cowboy"

Signed: Mrs Buffett
GO CSU Rams & PITT Panthers

Russell had this very close friendship with Wilt through their playing careers. Wilt didn't have a lot of (male?) friends so he really took it seriously and probably wasn't tough enough against Russell in games. Then as soon as their playing careers ended, they stopped hanging out. Now maybe it's a coincidence...or maybe Russell was the master of mind games and Wilt wasn't.
What many don't know about Russell is that one of his best friends is the legendary singer Johnny Mathis. They both grew up in the Bay Area, and were competitors in track. Mathis was an elite high jumper, good enough to be invited to the Olympic trials in 1956. They became friendly on the track, and have been friends ever since.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT