ADVERTISEMENT

OT:Buccos

The success this year was a bit of a mirage.

That said, counting on Pirate prospects to deliver future returns has been almost exclusively a losing proposition with the exception of a few years in the in the early 20teens.
It's all a mirage, it is hard enough to win and then you have Nutting who is not gonna lose a dime trying to win. Anyone that believes St. Louis is going to stay down long is mistaken.

I spoke too soon , the pirates just paid cash for pitcher Andre Jackson, great find, he has given up 22 hits and 13 walks in almost 18 innings of work, so he averages two guys on base per inning pitched. That will keep us all on the edge of our seat.

Welp. So much for the feel good Cutch story .
I get the sentiment but this team is going nowhere and they might as well get something out of the free agent signing. They signed him for 1 year $5M. He was here to get his career achievements, time to squeeze any value out of this contract by trading him

I get the sentiment but this team is going nowhere and they might as well get something out of the free agent signing. They signed him for 1 year $5M. He was here to get his career achievements, time to squeeze any value out of this contract by trading him
Agreed .. At this point he doesn’t look like he would be a difference maker for this club .… Great to see his return even if it might be short lived …
As far as I trust Nut . He only used the 5 mil. To get fans to the turnstile and nothing more . Although it makes good business sense .
In a Snidely Whiplash kinda way ..
$$$$$

Or keep Cutch around and show these you Bucs how to get it done .
Pouring rain . First pitch . Drive in that run ...

I vendors out of this thread and the team a few weeks ago, as we just keep getting duped over and over and over again. So if this was discussed, I wouldn’t have seen it. ——

Who is considered the better prospect? Oviedo or Ortiz? I’m thinking about our rotation in 2025 (with the buccos we are always thinking about the future)…and with the hopeful draft pick and Keller has your #1 and #2, and Priester as your #3…who is your number 4 and 5 as we sit here today?

Who is considered the better prospect? Oviedo or Ortiz?

Oviedo was a borderline top 10 Cardinals prospect when the Pirates traded for him. Ortiz was signed as an overaged guy from the Dominican. I don't think he was ever even in the Pirates top 20, let alone top 10.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Oviedo was a borderline top 10 Cardinals prospect when the Pirates traded for him. Ortiz was signed as an overaged guy from the Dominican. I don't think he was ever even in the Pirates top 20, let alone top 10.
Thanks. Guess I was enamored with Ortiz’s velocity that he was showing last year.

How about Henry Davis? Another big outing from him as the Pirates sweep the struggling Padres. Now only four games back from .500 (38-42).
I’m really diggin him as a player. He seems to have the “it” factor. Thanks to his parents no doubt. I love his passion and demeanor. He looks the part.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I’m really diggin him as a player. He seems to have the “it” factor. Thanks to his parents no doubt. I love his passion and demeanor. He looks the part.
I’m glad you mentioned that last part, because I truly think he’s providing an energy this team was lacking. Always seems very passionate and goes crazy whenever something good happens. We need more of that for a cultural change to become permanent!

Reactions: jctrack and Fk_Pitt
Another Apple TV broadcast tonight against the Brewers. PNC Park and the city look AMAZING when they stream games here.

Reactions: mike 301
I was out tonight with my better half, so I missed the game. But I can’t stop watching this. I think I’m up to a dozen views so far.

I’m not afraid to say this is already a top three moment in PNC Park history, alongside Russell Martin’s Wildcard HR and Cutch’s extra inning walk-off HR against the Cards in 2015.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
I’m not afraid to say this is already a top three moment in PNC Park history, alongside Russell Martin’s Wildcard HR and Cutch’s extra inning walk-off HR against the Cards in 2015.
Quite a pop from a big crowd. I’m sorry I missed it. Man he crushed that ball. Did it reach the river?

Quite a pop from a big crowd. I’m sorry I missed it. Man he crushed that ball. Did it reach the river?
I believe it did, or at least the PxP announcer Alex Faust thinks so judging by his "into the Allegheny" call.

As a side note, he was just let go by the Los Angeles Kings but is a tremendous baseball announcer. If I were Bob Nutting (LOL), I would dump Joe Block and hire him before another team does. If not the Pirates, the Penguins should as well... we have a bottom tier broadcasting booth, in my opinion.

• Love
Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I believe it did, or at least the PxP announcer Alex Faust thinks so judging by his "into the Allegheny" call.

As a side note, he was just let go by the Los Angeles Kings but is a tremendous baseball announcer. If I were Bob Nutting (LOL), I would dump Joe Block and hire him before another team does. If not the Pirates, the Penguins should as well... we have a bottom tier broadcasting booth, in my opinion.
The Pirates are okay when Greg Brown is trying too hard. The Penguins booth is absolutely bottom tier.

The Pirates are okay when Greg Brown is trying too hard. The Penguins booth is absolutely bottom tier.
My dream scenario would be landing Faust and then bringing back Mike Rupp to be the color commentator. I appreciate Bob Errey, but there has to be better analysts out there.

Reactions: Burgh15
Pirates were down 10-0 and have made it an 11-8 game in the 8th…
Again proving Shelton doesn't know how to use a bullpen. Has too quick of a hook when the starter is doing well, then today if he had gotten Oviedo out of there when it was clear he didn't have it, they could have pulled this one out.

Reactions: PittPoker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT