ADVERTISEMENT

OT: If Zion Williamson entered the NFL Draft

I could see Zion putting on football pads on at duke and being a really good DE at the ACC level. he's that much of a freak. it would be the most idiotic career decision ever, choosing football over the NBA, but I think he could do it and be successful without even practicing..

Without even practicing? I don't think even Kal-El could pull that off.

Without even practicing? I don't think even Kal-El could pull that off.
Some of these people here thing that LeBron would immediately start at TE in the NFL and SMF thinks that Lionel Messi would be a Hall of Fame 2B if he played baseball instead of soccer. I happen to NOT agree, there is no guarantee that anyone who's great at one sport can be great in every sport. Yeah, maybe LeBron could make the NFL, but maybe he'd be on the practice squad? Or maybe he would've been a bust trying to play football at tOSU.

Some of these people here thing that LeBron would immediately start at TE in the NFL and SMF thinks that Lionel Messi would be a Hall of Fame 2B if he played baseball instead of soccer. I happen to NOT agree, there is no guarantee that anyone who's great at one sport can be great in every sport. Yeah, maybe LeBron could make the NFL, but maybe he'd be on the practice squad? Or maybe he would've been a bust trying to play football at tOSU.

We are talking world-class athleticism. Take the 11 best American athletes, if you took them down to Brazil at age 6 and had them play nothing but soccer their entire lives, the USA would win 3 World Cups in a row.

We are talking world-class athleticism. Take the 11 best American athletes, if you took them down to Brazil at age 6 and had them play nothing but soccer their entire lives, the USA would win 3 World Cups in a row.

I know that's what you believe, we had this conversation before, I just don't buy it, this idea that the greatest athletes in one sport would automatically be the greatest athlete in different sports.

Those 11 athletes you took to Brazil might or might not be great as Brazilian soccer players. Maybe LeBron was meant for basketball and he'd be mediocre if he was forced into football instead? Mediocre could mean he might still make the NFL or play D1 college ball, but there's no guarantee he'd be All Pro.

LeBron did play football well enough to get some looks, but as I recall, wasn't seriously recruited because everyone knew he was an NBA lottery pick right out of HS.

LeBron did play football well enough to get some looks, but as I recall, wasn't seriously recruited because everyone knew he was an NBA lottery pick right out of HS.
I know, but my belief is, he may have been a great high school football player and maybe could have gone on to be a pro, but there's no guarantee he'd be in the NFL. And if he was, no guarantee he'd be "LeBron" the superstar.

I know, but my belief is, he may have been a great high school football player and maybe could have gone on to be a pro, but there's no guarantee he'd be in the NFL. And if he was, no guarantee he'd be "LeBron" the superstar.

If Le ron concentrated on football, he would have been one of the best TEs ever. Again, we are talking about one of the best athletes of all time.

If Le ron concentrated on football, he would have been one of the best TEs ever. Again, we are talking about one of the best athletes of all time.
Again we can agree to disagree. I'm not saying that it couldn't have happened, all I'm saying is that it's not a sure thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT